Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 weeks, 6 days away from my operation. I have done all the work, the required weight loss, classes and pre-authorizations. Now I have 2 more weigh ins, my "head cheek", and the nutritionist visit. I feel like so much I still don't know. Like when I start the "prep diet". My last weigh in is not to October 19, I am on the table October 23. Everything seems like it is last minute. I am also having a hard time finding a Protein Shake that does not cause me a reaction. (shell fish, gluten, dairy and now soy free.....uggghhhhhh!!!) Should I be worried? why does it seem like I am the only one that wishes I had all the steps, play by play weeks ago?? I recently was sent a copy of a friends paper work and it has sooooo much more information then I have been given at this point. I am sure I am going to get it, and I know all doctors are a bit different but dang.... I am a planner.....

My preop diet was 3 weeks before surgery.
I see alot of people saying there's was 2 weeks before surgery.
Some people say their doctor required liquids only for the weeks leading up to surgery.
Mine was simply low carb and low fat.
Two days of clears before surgery.
The really hard part is post op.
I am 5 days post op and I am so hungry and can only have Clear Liquids.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

What kind of reaction are you having to shellfish gluten dairy and soy?

Mhy12784, Shellfish I blow up, gluten depends on the day but mostly IBS with Constipation, dairy and soy is Diarrhea. I am trying Muscle Milk (the non dairy kind) but I think I may react. I seem to react to lactose free milk (well I think I did, but truthfully I only ever drank it with a soy shake mixed it)

1 minute ago, willowwaters said:

Mhy12784, Shellfish I blow up, gluten depends on the day but mostly IBS with Constipation, dairy and soy is Diarrhea. I am trying Muscle Milk (the non dairy kind) but I think I may react. I seem to react to lactose free milk (well I think I did, but truthfully I only ever drank it with a soy shake mixed it)

Considering the time until surgery it might be a good idea to figure out the allergies. Have you had a preoperative endoscopy (will you?) if so that's a perfect time for them to check for celiacs disease (though it doesn't sound like that).

Sounds like you should figure out if you're lactose intolerant or have something else going on. I mean no hives/swelling and stuff with the milk right? If it's just upset stomach diarrhea bloating that kind of thing then lactose intolerance is easy to work around.

I think figuring out what you can and can't eat preoperativly will go a long way to making the post operative transition much easier

Yes I am a Celiac. Endoscope 5 years ago put my gastric bypass Journey on a hold until I could get my digestive system back on track... the Cilla (sp?) To heal and regrow.... and then I had to change insurance,.... and had to start over twice more as a result

Sent from my SM-T560NU using BariatricPal mobile app

If your physician will allow check out Plexus Protein Shakes. They are great tasting, plant based and made with Stevia. You have to buy them from a distributor which I am not.

3 minutes ago, Jess13 said:

If your physician will allow check out Plexus Protein Shakes. They are great tasting, plant based and made with Stevia. You have to buy them from a distributor which I am not.

Says they are made from whey Protein concentrate, which is made from milk not plants.

Most people's issue with dairy is the lactose. Do you know if that's the case with you? If so many or even most the whey Protein ones are lactose free.

If not try looking for pea protein ones or other vegan ones, there are many! Garden of Life is one.

Most people's issue with dairy is the lactose. Do you know if that's the case with you? If so many or even most the whey Protein ones are lactose free.

If not try looking for pea protein ones or other vegan ones, there are many! Garden of Life is one.

Have you checked out Unjury planted?