Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

My stats are almost the same as so many of you! Starting 247, currently 70
pounds down. Goal is 100. I have been working out with a personal trainer for strength training. I stay around 800 calories a day. I have had to get rid of every single pair of pants and jeans I own.

But lately the scale will not move! I know, plateau. Same thing you read hear all the time. But man! It’s frustrating and depressing. How in the world can you eat 800 calories a day and not lose weight??

I plateaued for almost 3 months I dropped calories increased Protein and Water intake and I’m now 8 pounds above my one year goal weight of 180 in only 6 months change up your routine a bit.

26 minutes ago, OCladyT said:

I plateaued for almost 3 months I dropped calories increased Protein and Water intake and I’m now 8 pounds above my one year goal weight of 180 in only 6 months change up your routine a bit.

So happy to see you my buddy!!! I increased my Water intake when my scales didnt move for 3 weeks, then miraculously the pounds started coming off again. Water was my worst enemy, now im making it my best friend 😊

Sw:244 cw: 181 gw: 145 sd: 8/29/2018

I was sleeved October 10. I’m right at 5 months out and I’m 87 pounds down! Started off at 267 and I’m now 180. I feel great! I have noticed the scale nots moving so I quit weighing myself. I will weigh again next month! It’s been a great journey so far. Praying for everyone

How many calories per day?

On 3/13/2018 at 12:28 PM, etc. etc. etc. said:

What I'm interested in is whether any of you have folks in your lives who are also heavy who are taking your success to heart and thinking about also getting sleeved.

Frankly, I sort of assumed there would be, as I have several truly heavy friends and family members. But nope, no one is into this at all. Even the heavy people who are supportive of me don't seem to be considering doing the surgery themselves. They're continuing to double down on new gym regimes, new diets, etc.

I have a brother that is over 450 lbs, he was part of the reason that I choose my surgery. I know that his body is screaming under the weight. At first he told me that he was considering it, he now says that he wants to try to diet first (high Protein low carb) but is not doing it right. I am keeping silent at the moment because he says that he was going to be good for a year. He now says that he does not want to do it, because he has spent so much time in hospitals when he was young. I can blow his excuse out of the Water but I am just giving him some time to realize that what he is going isn't going to work and then sit down and have a heart to heart talk with him. He needs it, and I want him to have it. I just know that if I push too hard it will push him away, so I am patiently waiting. I will give it until August and then I am going to sit down with him.

Oh man, I wish your brother well.

My brother came around on my surgery but his initial reaction was to say how proud he'd been of our dad for insisting on trying to lose the weight with diet and exercise.

I was like, "You remember he died, right? His heart gave out and he died."

I recently was at a doctor’s apt, totally unrelated to my sleeve, but I was telling the nurse, who is on the heavy side, that I had the surgery when we were going over all the typical new patient intake forms. To that she responded, “cheater!” and then laughed. I decided not to take it personally bc clearly there’s major ignorance there, but, omg, how insensitive! And to say that to a patient in a medical office?!!

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 188 on 3/7/18 5'7" GW: 150

I’m devastated - just found out I’m sick again and going back on prednisone. That medication makes me eat constantly, bloat and gain weight at alarming rate. This is going to ruin my progress. I know we all have our struggles but this feels really unfair.

My wife came home with some new shirts for me. All of them fit though one was maybe very slightly on the tight side.

When I checked the tag I saw she'd accidentally bought a medium.

I can wear a size medium shirt, you guys.

I was XXXL. I am six feet tall.

Medium? GEEZ.

4 minutes ago, LaLaDee said:

I’m devastated - just found out I’m sick again and going back on prednisone. That medication makes me eat constantly, bloat and gain weight at alarming rate. This is going to ruin my progress. I know we all have our struggles but this feels really unfair

Aw, that sucks. I'm rooting for you. You'll have to dance party double time to hold steady. Hang in there, hon!

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

3 minutes ago, LaLaDee said:

I’m devastated - just found out I’m sick again and going back on prednisone. That medication makes me eat constantly, bloat and gain weight at alarming rate. This is going to ruin my progress. I know we all have our struggles but this feels really unfair.

Oh LaLa i am sorry to here that. Have you taken this med since surgery maybe it wont be as bad after sleeve surgery. The surgery realy changes up your hormones so it might not be as bad as you remember

good luck

My wife came home with some new shirts for me. All of them fit though one was maybe very slightly on the tight side.
When I checked the tag I saw she'd accidentally bought a medium.
I can wear a size medium shirt, you guys.
I was XXXL. I am six feet tall.
Medium? GEEZ.

Yay!!! Has it sunk in yet?! Must feel so surreal and amazing and just crazy all at the same time! Yay you!

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 188 on 3/7/18 5'7" GW: 150

Thanks @allwet and @etc. etc. etc.

In theory, I’m sure I can keep losing weight - even on steroids. It just means I have to work harder. I’m trying to get past the feeling that the universe is telling me that I don’t get to have this sucessful weight loss. That I got ahead of myself and I’m supposed to stay really morbidly obese. If I’m going to survive this then I need to be positive.

We are have different difficulties - tough jobs, kids, unsupportive family, no time to exercise, whatever. Being sick and on these posionous drugs is just my little burden I suppose.

I think I can still do this.

Ugh...mental setback. We went on a road trip last weekend...3 days. Over the three days, I had 2 bags of M&M's, half an English muffin, half the Water I usually get and probably a 1/4 of the exercise. Everything else was on track. I GAINED 5 pounds. Yes, I knew I was having things out of the normal, but to gain 5 pounds is crazy. It's made me feel that I will never be able to indulge on anything. This was the first gain, but to think how huge it was in 3 days is insane to me!. :(