Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

it could be my sugar intake and I have to exercise more even though its a tool you have to stay on top of it and watch everything that goes in your mouth I will go back to the basic and see what happens

Wow! You look great! Good job! I get the feeling people may be a little reluctant to comment on my weight loss for some reason. They may be hesitant to call attention to it in case I’m sensitive about it. No way to know really but I notice the same thing you do. The people I’m closest to say something but others I know but am not especially close to don’t.

1 hour ago, krandall said:

I am 80 pounds down my surgery date was 8/24 but I just cant get the last 20 pounds off is there something more I should be doing getting kind of annoyed I want to shed these last 20 pounds any ideas or suggestions?

I have not tried this yet but I am thinking about going back on the liquids only diet temporarily. When I did it pre-surgery, I was dropping a pound a day. I may not lose quite that much but I think it might be worth a try to get down below 200 in my case.

I just can't get over your photos. That's not the surgery. You must have worked your butt off in the gym! Congratulations on your awesome success. You look like Luke Cage!

Thanks! I do hit the gym about 6-8 times per week. Huge stress reliever!

I hit my 6 month mark in a couple of weeks, I have been doing absolutely everything by the book, except I had a terrible naughty month between December and January, I walk daily min 4ks, I eat max 1200 calories which consists of Protein, fruits,salads and vegetables, I have one coffee a day with a tiny bit of sugar in it and skim milk it’s the only naughty thing I have. I’ve lost a total of 30 kilos, 66 pounds but it’s so bloody slow. I’ve only gone down one size, I’ve lost this much weight on my own in 2014, admittedly I put it all back on, but I sometimes wonder have I made the right decision? The only thing I’m not hitting is my Water goals. Help?? I’m feeling so discouraged.

My surgery was 6 months ago today. I am sitting at 228 pounds, which is 8 pounds from my goal. I have not eaten low carb. I have incorporated tons of weight lifting into my exercise routine, and have eaten 85% clean over the past 6 months. I am just BARELY under what is considered obese by medical standards even though I have a 34" waist at 6'3" tall.
My takeaway from all of this is.....Don't base your progress on anyone else's. I am 98 pounds from my high weight (shown on left). I have lost only 61 pounds since surgery. However, you can see a definite difference in how I carry my weight. I am very happy with my progress. I am not at goal, but am no longer actively trying to get there. I am just focusing on my health.
My diet consists of tons of vegetables, Protein Shakes and lean Protein, super grains and fruit 6 days per week with 1 day of indulgence. Whatever I crave, gets eaten that day. I consulted with a bodybuilder friend of mine a few months ago, and he told me that the best way to lean up is to give yourself a day every week or so to calorie and carb load. This helps your body avoid thinking your are in starvation mode. Ever since I adopted that method, I have leaned up and increased my muscle percentage.
Anyway, I do track my meals with MyfitnessPal. I do weigh my food to ensure that I don't overeat. I don't deny myself anything. I just wait for whatever I want that week, and prioritize.
I am glad that mostly everyone is doing well. Just keep fighting for the life you want to have.
5a7b4a58178d9_0months-Copy.JPG.cae0092b13ef49d06b1515356fa4d68b.JPG

Well done

Hi. I just got the OK from my podiatrist that I can finally do cardio again! I had a bunionectomy 2 mos ago. So even though I wasn’t exercising like before ( Barre with modifications) I still lost 8 pounds during my foot recovery. So I’ve lost 66 pounds since late August. If I hadn’t had sleeve I probably would have gained 20 pounds during my foot recovery! I can’t wait to get back to spin and walking miles. Hopefully now weight will come off faster and I won’t have bunion pain while exercising!

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

it happened. I over ate and ate too fast last night and I wanted to die. I really wanted to throw up but I had no movement. I'm still in pain today but not as much. I never want to feel like this again.

7 hours ago, Kmccor said:

it happened. I over ate and ate too fast last night and I wanted to die. I really wanted to throw up but I had no movement. I'm still in pain today but not as much. I never want to feel like this again.

That sounds awful!! I haven’t had that really happen yet.

I’ve done it before too and it is so painful! I couldn’t sleep the other night because of it. So awful!

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 197 on 1/3/18 5'7" GW: 150

On 06/02/2018 at 1:36 PM, Jill4329 said:

Weight loss has slowed but surgeon says it’s to be expected. I am more than halfway to what I have said was my goal all along - 150 -which would be a loss of 149 pounds. I am at 88 lost now, so well on the way. When I reach 199, that will be 100 pounds lost and getting below 200 all at the same time so I’m focused on that now and will post pictures when I get there.

I agree very much about every day being a chance to do better. We all slip and stall and stress but we just keep trying and working at it.

On 08/02/2018 at 3:01 AM, dreamynow said:

I’m having a hard time staying on track and healthy. I had surgery aug 21. Then my bunion removed dec 22. So it’s been 6 weeks since my foot surgery. I still can’t walk for exercise. I do barre a few times a week with modifications but it’s not like the cardio I was doing before- spin and long walks especially. I’m teetering between 224 and 225 which is about a 65 pound loss. Needing a little support while my foot heals from my August peeps. I’m going to Florida February break and reAlly hoping I can walk more than a block.

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

I had a knee replacement and couldn’t get the excercise I wanted/needed. I got a chair workout that helped until I could get mobile again. I still managed to loose weight. Good luck.

I’m too cheap to pay for the gym and it’s too hot to walk outside (summer in Australia). So I just do the odd YouTube yoga video. Sometimes I just dance around the house. Sure, the dog gets scared but it seems to work.

Yesterday was a rough day. We went to another couple's place for brunch, and while they had mimosas, I had two and a half glasses of wine. I spaced them out over a few hours, drank Water in between, etc. I was never drunk or even tipsy and felt fine. Then 5 or so hours later, other friends came by our house and I had two more glasses of wine. I got shaky and ill and had to hurl. I ate some carbs and was able to feel better, but I was still totally spent and had to go to excuse myself and go to sleep.

So it turns out that even having a long break and sobering up in between doesn't change help me stretch my tolerance for the day. I can only drink what I can drink. I haven't really tried to go beyond that before (and I don't even drink more than one glass very often) but it looks like I have learned I just can't.

The real bummer is, I blew my diet for the day yesterday (I didn't eat anything ridiculous, but I passed all my numbers for calories and carbs and then some) and I'll have to be extra careful for a few days to make sure I'm back on track. Live and learn and all that, I guess. Can't be perfect every day.

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

On 07/02/2018 at 2:58 PM, etc. etc. etc. said:

While I don't want to ignore the usual caveats about how everyone is different, as long as you're happy with your results, whatever your doctor feels is necessary, etc., I will note without further comment that the overlap between people who track everything methodically and stay carefully within set limits and the people who seem to lose the most weight is pretty darned high.

Well it worked, I upped the calories to 900-1000 and I’ve lost another 4 pound. Think I needed to give my body a kick start.