Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

14 minutes ago, FabBy55 said:

Has anyone decreased the amount of Vitamins you take?

Originally I was taking two multis a day but since about the holidays I only take one multi a day (and a B12 and my iron). My labs just came back and everything is great. I will ask the surgeon next week if I can stay on just one a day.

Just curious is anyone else has dropped the amount of Vitamins they take?

I quit taking my vitamins and Calcium pills because they were so big and hard to swallow for me. My blood test results came back with only a slight deficiency in Iron and B12, and that was it. I couldnt believe the results, my Dr. did get on to me and told me to take chewable ones instead. But now i only take one bariatric chewable Vitamin A day, thats it.

I've gone from two multi-vitamins, three calcium chews, and one Iron pill a day to one multi, one or two Calcium chews, and one iron pill a day. I have blood tests in a few weeks so we'll see if I am holding steady.

I really think I'll be fine, especially with the calcium. I drink so much skim milk, I doubt I could be low.

anyone else's Vitamins give them a stomach ache? I've tried with food, without, different times of day... soon as it settles in my stomach it kills. I take one multi Vitamin, Iron, and B12.

On the one hand, the way they reorganized the forums means the activity isn't so scattered around. More people participate and that makes it livelier.

On the other, it means the top of the page is always dominated by new board members posting variations of the same few themes: I'm scared about doing this; I just did this and I'm freaked out; I did this a few weeks ago and I am worried I made a mistake; am I only the only one experiencing [common problem we already have ten threads about]... Etc.

I don't mean to be unkind to the newer folks. We've been there. We get it. I know it's scary and I don't mind easing some fears.

But man, it sure feels like a feedback loop at this point: new posters post problems worrying them which makes newer posters worry, who post more threads worrying which worries even newer posters... It just makes the top of the board weighted toward fear.

Not sure there's anything to be done about it except try and help people relax and take it easy, though.

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

I had some issues with the medications making my stomach hurt when I took them without food, so now I take just about everything after Breakfast (except the Calcium and D3, which I take later in the day).

As far as etc.etc.etc.'s post, oh, boy, yeah. He exactly describes the new posts, with so many people asking the same questions over and over. I know it's a crazy thought, but maybe people should read around the forums a bit before the obligatory "I'm scared" or "I can't drink as much Water as I should" or "which Protein shake" or "I've stalled at three weeks, has this all been a waste of time" posts.

Just saying'.

I very much dislike the new layout of the forums. I prefer the different types of surgeries to have the sub-categories within so we can ignore the surgeries we did not have, and eliminate searching through endless topics we do not care to participate in. I am on here way less because of the layout. New people will always be reactionary regardless, and some posters never bother with research - 'Sesame Street Kids' - they want it now and in quick bursts, rinse repeat.

Has anyone decreased the amount of Vitamins you take?

Originally I was taking two multis a day but since about the holidays I only take one multi a day (and a B12 and my iron). My labs just came back and everything is great. I will ask the surgeon next week if I can stay on just one a day.

Just curious is anyone else has dropped the amount of vitamins they take?

I don’t take any more vitamins besides D3 and b12 injections, which I needed before surgery as I don’t absorb either. We’ll see what my next labs say. Perfect last time besides b12 being too high. Sleeved aug 23.

I’m still taking my Vitamins but I’m suffering insane Hair loss so I’ll try anything!

I was sleeved 8/15 and down about 104 lbs

I too have been having tons of hair fall out. My brushes and shower drain are always full. Fortunately I had very long, thick hair so I had a lot to spare but I’m concerned it doesn’t seem to be slowing down

I just want the Hair loss to stop. I've read these forums a bit and there doesn't seem to be any clear answer on when it stops. I'm 5 months out and looking at my hairbrush every morning is still a hairy horror show! At work, I have to wipe my keyboard every hour because it's covered in hair!

I know that my health is better and I've lost weight so it seems silly to complain but I just want it to start growing back!!

The new people are wearing me out y'all. This weekend there are people posting near identical threads pretty much back-to-back.

Maybe we need an FAQ post at the top of the thread? Or maybe mods could forcibly merge some of these?

I thought for the longest time I wasn't losing hair, but now it seems I am. It's just sort of thinning. I've switched to a Biotin/Collagen conditioner. Maybe that will slow things down. My hair is still... okay. I've gone from very thick hair to kinda low average. but I need this mess to slow down.

They say most of the time, the hair sort of regrows eventually, though.

2 hours ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

The new people are wearing me out y'all. This weekend there are people posting near identical threads pretty much back-to-back.

Maybe we need an FAQ post at the top of the thread? Or maybe mods could forcibly merge some of these?

I know what you mean! I find these forums helpful because checking it every day weirdly reminds me to stay on track. But the posts are always about the three week stall or someone freaking out with regrets 2 days in. I want to be helpful and supportive but sometimes I don’t want to read (let alone, respond to) the same posts over and over. I’m just over 5 months out from my surgery and I feel it’s so repetitive on here. It’s sad because a lot of the actual veterans (people one year plus) vanish from the site and we miss out on their wisdom!

Maybe there should be a pinned FAQ thread which answers the top 10 newbie questions that get asked every week here? If people are too lazy to use the search function then they can just read the FAQ thread?

Anyone else struggling to be comfortable in their “new” body? I feel like I want to buy new clothes but I can’t figure out what suits me or even where to shop! People at work tell me I look good and it feels weird. Everything feels weird. I think my sister is resentful because I’m smaller than her now. I’m less invisible now and I don’t know how I feel about that. It defies laws of science, but the bigger you are - the less people see you. When I walk into a shop, suddenly the service is so much better. Is this in my head? Why should it bother me? I’m no different (inside) than I was 6 months ago.

Dont get me wrong - I’m thankful for the weight loss but everything feels weird.

Going back to hair loss....geez when will it end. I also had long thick hair so no one notices but concerned how long it will last. What a toss up - you lose weight, feel better, look better and then your hair falls out and a part of you doesn’t look so great anymore!