Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

13 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

I managed 50 sit ups. Can’t wait to look down and have abs!!

Reading your post about sit ups made me get down and do 50. Thanks

Today, my Eastern European mother-in-law called my wife to tell her I should not lose any more weight.

For those of you unfamiliar with Eastern European mothers/mothers-in-law, they are famous for constantly telling you if you're fat, telling you what you should not be eating because it will make you more fat, telling you that you would look nicer if you were not so fat, and in general, finding every possible reason to call you fat.

So this was a milestone that goes into my calendar.

I still have plenty more weight to lose though, she just saw a flattering picture of me. I still have a gut and love handles.

Today, my Eastern European mother-in-law called my wife to tell her I should not lose any more weight.
For those of you unfamiliar with Eastern European mothers/mothers-in-law, they are famous for constantly telling you if you're fat, telling you what you should not be eating because it will make you more fat, telling you that you would look nicer if you were not so fat, and in general, finding every possible reason to call you fat.
I still have plenty more weight to lose though, she just saw a flattering picture of me. I still have a gut and love handles.

That was my life with my grandmother from Poland. - and carried with my mother. I can’t tell you how many times food was moved from in front of me or how many times I was told to push away the table. Looking back at pictures, I wasn’t even that fat! They tortured me- funny. Thought it was just the girls. They were always feeding my brothers. Me- if I wasn’t thin, I would never get married and be a spinster.

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

First time checking in to this post and I’m so glad I did! Sleeved on 8/10 here. I’m 8 pounds from ONEderland and “surreal” is definitely the word for it! I’m still kind of in denial about my weight and size. I still feel (mentally) like the same fat girl that I was before surgery. Physically, I feel amazing. The holiday season went downhill for me. I kept losing, but I still snacked on stuff that I shouldn’t have...cookies, chocolates, etc.. I had been having some dizzy spells and I’ve been in a depressive mood since before the holidays. Doesn’t make it acceptable! I’m still a little ashamed of myself in that, but thankfully I still managed to stay on a downward trend with my weight. I’m proud to say I’ve recently joined my local gym (after my last gym closed last year I never signed up for another). I look forward to going to the gym. I’ve been under a lot of stress and it has been helping so far, even though it’s only been a week. I’m also in a bit of a stall right now so I’m being extra careful to track my food intake also. Trying to be more positive though! I’m so much better off than I was last year.

I’m so proud of everyone here! Reading about all of your victories is inspiring to me!

HW: 315

SW: 292

CW: 223

GW: 180

Sleeved 8/10

On 1/11/2018 at 9:34 AM, Janet610 said:

Same here... def in a stall. Down 97lbs from my sleeve on 8/15 and thrilled but have another 100 to go....

not craving the junk as much as I just wish I could have something here and there

dr wants me under 30 carbs a day which I’m doing but I think I need to be more aware of fat. Some foods are low to no carb but high fat. So I need to learn to balance. THey told me not to stress bout fat count as much as carb but wondering if that will help break my stall????

I can't do 30. My doctor told me to shoot for <45. Can you share what you are eating to stay that low...I'm struggling with dinner and feeding my family.

Sure... my kids are back at college so dinners are easier now. My husband and I eat together, but not the same foods. Haha

fir Breakfast I have a Premier Protein shake which i think is 6 carbs?

lunch a 4oz hamburger or turkey patty

low fat cheese stick 0 carb

dannon light n fit 15 carb but you can subtract the Fiber the nutritionist said??

dinner 4oz chicken or steak, nothing on it, maybe some more non fat cheese, some almonds

thats about it

im down 97 lbs since 8/15

was 356 pre surgery, 342 surgery date

currently about 258 give or take a bit

Good luck to you on your journey!!!

Well its official...I'm in onderland, woohoo :)

weight.jpg

17 minutes ago, apu said:

Well its official...I'm in onderland, woohoo :)

weight.jpg

Congratulations!!!! You must feel amazing!!!

On 1/11/2018 at 2:51 PM, etc. etc. etc. said:

My mother in law is Italian, straight off the boat and she has always talked about my need to lose weight and how beautiful I would be if...(all while making me delicious food and cocktails). She also told my husband last week that I do not need to lose anymore weight. 🤣😂 gotta love them.

Edited by Amanada

I hardly ever post but this thread is my favorite. I started at 247 and hit onederland (and then some) earlier in December. I actually screamed and my husband came running. Oh the elation!

I then proceeded to fall into the crazy of the holidays - didn’t track and pretty much grazed, drank alcohol and ate sweets. But that’s okay. I didn’t gain (okay the scale went up one pound) and jumped back into tracking the day after New Years. It felt good to eat and drink like crazy (like a normal person would during the holidays) and be able to just jump back into healthy eating and eat within control. That is what I love so much about my sleeve - I feel in control.

And yes, I am a bit of a slow loser at 55 pounds lost but I just try to focus on what I can control - tracking, Water, Vitamins, etc. Sometimes it gets me down but then I remind myself I have NEVER lost 55 pounds in four months. Heck, I don’t think I have ever lost 55 pounds period.

And yeah, no one has noticed (no one knows but my husband and sons) but oh well, I didn’t do it for them.

Just catching up on this thread and I thought I’d let you know you aren’t the only slow loser! I’m down about 55 lbs as well but I’m in the 180s! And fitting in clothes I wore in my mid 20s. I see bones and muscles and it’s insane. I bet people have noticed just haven’t commented. I make a point never to comment on weight because in the wrong person can trigger or enforce an eating disorder. The only people who have commented are at my gym or the place I’ve been shopping for workout clothes at for years. My mom doesn’t say a word and neither did my dad when I saw him for Christmas.

FINALLY! Broke my stall! I upped my Water intake, tracked every single calorie and changed up my work out routine. Anyone here ever try HIIT for workouts? I'm looking for some feedback.

Hate commenting twice in a row but I do HIIT for workouts! I do between 5-10 workouts a week. Been at it for almost a year but only recently started the two a days. It’s the best!

While I am truly jumping up and down for all of you who are being successful, I am only down 40 pounds since surgery (8/25), and have been stalled for 2 months. I knew surgery was not a miracle answer going into it. I hate the gym, have bad knees, and have a sedentary job. I have tried all sorts of exercise, and have never found one that excites me except kick boxing - which caused me to have back surgery...... I really need to get back on track. I definitely eat less than I used to, but am eating what I want. Soooooo, its all on me to turn it around. Owning it is the first step right?

Absolutely!!!

Even small changes are changes in the right direction and overall, you’re DOWN.

Everyone is different... figure out what works best for you!!! Good luck!!!

While I am truly jumping up and down for all of you who are being successful, I am only down 40 pounds since surgery (8/25), and have been stalled for 2 months. I knew surgery was not a miracle answer going into it. I hate the gym, have bad knees, and have a sedentary job. I have tried all sorts of exercise, and have never found one that excites me except kick boxing - which caused me to have back surgery...... I really need to get back on track. I definitely eat less than I used to, but am eating what I want. Soooooo, its all on me to turn it around. Owning it is the first step right?

Try not to be so hard on yourself. We are going from one extreme lifestyle (for me, massive over eating and using food for all sorts of reasons) to the sleeved lifestyle, which is extremely opposite. We are all figuring it out at our own pace. You’re aware of how and what needs to be done so take baby steps. I find if I take baby steps, I am more successful-change one small thing at a time. I always failed before the surgery bc I would try to do too much and then when I fell short of what I was wanting to do, I’d feel like a failure and then go do the total opposite. You’re doing great! We are all there with ya!!

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 197 on 1/3/18 5'7" GW: 150

Speaking of feeling like a failure...that's me! I cannot get evenings together. I'm so on plan during the day and blow it with carbs at dinner. I'm not in a happy place right now and of course I want to turn to food. UGH!😣