Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Congratulations!!! This is awesome! I'm sure you are rocking those jeans!

Thank you so much!! It’s surreal! And I cannot believe how much weight I had to drop before I went down a size. I keep saying “the 12s fit bc this brand runs huge” and I have that past “weight watcher” mind set that I may be 197 now but next week I’ll be back to 220. Trying to wrap my head around this whole thing bc losing 5 lbs before this surgery was almost impossible. I am also happy to report that I was able to zip up a pair of tall boots, over my calves! Some brands still won’t zip but That’s ok bc at least now some do! Thanks for your kind words! Here’s to all of us and being on this crazy road together! [emoji173]️

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 197 on 1/3/18 5'7" GW: 150

10 minutes ago, Allie589 said:

Thank you so much!! It’s surreal! And I cannot believe how much weight I had to drop before I went down a size. I keep saying “the 12s fit bc this brand runs huge” and I have that past “weight watcher” mind set that I may be 197 now but next week I’ll be back to 220. Trying to wrap my head around this whole thing bc losing 5 lbs before this surgery was almost impossible. I am also happy to report that I was able to zip up a pair of tall boots, over my calves! Some brands still won’t zip but That’s ok bc at least now some do! Thanks for your kind words! Here’s to all of us and being on this crazy road together!

Lol. I totally get the tall boots thing. It's summer in Australia, so I haven't tried on any boots but my dream would be to go boot shopping and everything zip over my calves!

The changes in our body can seem really fast. I think it's normal to be in denial. In the last week, I've been wearing an Australian size 18 (I believe that is about a US 14 or 16) and when I look at the clothes, they just seem so small to me. Like, it's not possible that these things will actually fit on my body. I was wearing an Australian size 28 (US 24/26) before. I'm also still worried about squeezing through narrow spaces, fitting in restaurant booths and things like that. At 156kg (343 lb), I couldn't always get a car seatbelt on and now they just snap in - no problem. I still breathe a sigh of relief though because I'm always expecting them not to! It is totally surreal. And I'm the same, always assuming that next week, I'll gain 5kg somehow overnight.

I hardly ever post but this thread is my favorite. I started at 247 and hit onederland (and then some) earlier in December. I actually screamed and my husband came running. Oh the elation!

I then proceeded to fall into the crazy of the holidays - didn’t track and pretty much grazed, drank alcohol and ate sweets. But that’s okay. I didn’t gain (okay the scale went up one pound) and jumped back into tracking the day after New Years. It felt good to eat and drink like crazy (like a normal person would during the holidays) and be able to just jump back into healthy eating and eat within control. That is what I love so much about my sleeve - I feel in control.

And yes, I am a bit of a slow loser at 55 pounds lost but I just try to focus on what I can control - tracking, Water, Vitamins, etc. Sometimes it gets me down but then I remind myself I have NEVER lost 55 pounds in four months. Heck, I don’t think I have ever lost 55 pounds period.

And yeah, no one has noticed (no one knows but my husband and sons) but oh well, I didn’t do it for them.

I hear y'all on the airplane seat belt thing... The last time I flew, I had to huff and puff and suck it in to avoid using an extender. It was pretty embarrassing. Shouldn't be a problem anymore, thank goodness.

Asking for a seatbelt extender is the worst! I can't wait to fly somewhere and just flop into the seat like everyone else!

Sitting in a normal airplane seat comfortably was a huge NSV for me-one of the most emotional ones for me. I had to fly a few months post op and got a window seat—and cried; it was so beautiful up there in the clouds, sitting in a normal seat. ️ I took video of it and kept it to remind me! IMG_1354.JPG

Thank you so much!! It’s surreal! And I cannot believe how much weight I had to drop before I went down a size. I keep saying “the 12s fit bc this brand runs huge” and I have that past “weight watcher” mind set that I may be 197 now but next week I’ll be back to 220. Trying to wrap my head around this whole thing bc losing 5 lbs before this surgery was almost impossible. I am also happy to report that I was able to zip up a pair of tall boots, over my calves! Some brands still won’t zip but That’s ok bc at least now some do! Thanks for your kind words! Here’s to all of us and being on this crazy road together!

The tall boots are my wish! I’m tall and have big calves. They never fit me! I’m dying to buy a pair of fryes!

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

My surgery was on 8/22/17, and I've lost about 46 pounds/21 kg, which seems to be lagging compared to others who have posted here who had surgery last August. The rate of my weight loss slowed down a lot in October and November. However, I have not regained any of the weight lost. So the past week I've refocused on exercise and being more careful about my diet. Hopefully, the loss rate will pick up again.

I had my surgery the same day 59 pounds so much slower than everyone else, not where I thought I would be but still happy with any loss.

The tall boots are my wish! I’m tall and have big calves. They never fit me! I’m dying to buy a pair of fryes!

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

Don’t give up! I had to try on multiple pairs that either didn’t fit or were way too tight and gave me a muffin top on my calves before I found a pair. I fell in LOVE with this Ralph Lauren pair of black ones that were on major sale but still $100 and I wanted to reward myself for losing weight with them, but not a prayer that I could even zip them half way. But I did find a pair that zipped so don’t give up! [emoji173]️

Hey, just dropping in on your thread (I am Mar '18), but I feel compelled to admit that I completely agree about an awesome boot :-)

I'm mostly feeling good these days, but the weight just above my waistband/belt isn't really budging.

I have a pretty notable muffin top, I guess.

3 hours ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

I'm mostly feeling good these days, but the weight just above my waistband/belt isn't really budging.

I have a pretty notable muffin top, I guess.

Me too! I can see weight loss in my face, chest and limbs but the old tummy isn’t going anywhere apparently! That’s a bad place to carry weight too. I wonder if we are stuck with muffin tops? Anyone game to do a 100 sit ups a day and test if that will work for me?

Overall, I'm pretty happy though. 111 pounds down so far. My wife posted a pic of me today with our kid. It was the first time there'd really been a picture of me on FB where you could see what I look like anymore. People were very nice. Here's another one I took just now.

IMG_20180109_203653.jpg

Edited by etc. etc. etc.