Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Reading these posts helps a lot. I was sleeved on 8/15 and have lost about 90 lbs and I still want to beat myself up over the tiny scoop of mashed potatoes I had yesterday with ham. Normally my plate would be covered and yet yesterday it was a tiny, maybe 1/4 cup if that. I’ve been baking up a storm, Cookies galore (I’m italian, lots of treats) but have not sampled one thing. Unrealistic? A bit. I’m not going to beat myself up this weekend if I enjoy something. This lifestyle has to be my new reality. I need to own it since I have come so far, but have a LONG away to go still.

We can do it. We have to. But don’t throw away months of progress because of a few days of indulgence. Like someone said, a small “cheat” I’m sure is NOTHING to what you would have had last year. Keep working hard friends! 🎄🎄👍🏼👍🏼

So much temptation it’s hard to resist, but taking a bite of each of the things you like is ok, just don’t eat it all. Be proud of yourself for leaving the rest. It’s not a waste, it’s only a waste when it’s on your waist! Don’t forget to track your food so that you are being honest with yourself and allow yourself some extra calories. Good luck it will be over soon.

It's 7:00 am Christmas morning and I'm having a coffee before I head over to my brothers house for some Christmas cheer.

This year my family is doing the traditional thing and having a hot lunch. This isn't the norm in Australia, and to be honest it seems strange. I'm going to miss our usual seafood feast.

After lunch we are off to the beach for a swim which will be fun.

I'm just glad its not going to be too hot today.

Have a great Christmas August Sleever's!

I managed to lose a small amount of weight at Christmas. That went way better than Thanksgiving.

I've lost weight this week. Who would have thought I'd lose weight Christmas week!!. I would have been happy if I didn't put on weight and move backwards.

I love my sleeve.

I'm about the same as before Christmas. Hovering around 112.5kg (248 pounds). When I don't lose weight for a few days, I panic that I've entered a little stall which is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind losing another 2 or 3 kg (6 pounds), just so that I could say I had lost 100pounds. I'm Australian and use the metric system, but 100 pounds sounds like an awesome milestone. But I WILL get there.

3 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

I'm about the same as before Christmas. Hovering around 112.5kg (248 pounds). When I don't lose weight for a few days, I panic that I've entered a little stall which is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind losing another 2 or 3 kg (6 pounds), just so that I could say I had lost 100pounds. I'm Australian and use the metric system, but 100 pounds sounds like an awesome milestone. But I WILL get there.

Well done on the weight loss.

I'm Australian too, I had to google how many kg's equal 100 pounds. It sounds good to say 'I've lost 100 pounds'..

18 hours ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

I managed to lose a small amount of weight at Christmas. That went way better than Thanksgiving.

Well done.

I stayed the same,but I’m happy. Lost 3 pounds just before Xmas. Which is my normal pattern. Loose 3-4 pounds over a few days then stall for a week. All I ask is - Please just keep going down.

2 hours ago, Jeaniered said:

I stayed the same,but I’m happy. Lost 3 pounds just before Xmas. Which is my normal pattern. Loose 3-4 pounds over a few days then stall for a week. All I ask is - Please just keep going down.

Lol. It's all good as long as the scale keeps going down! I wish I had a pattern but my losses seem a bit erratic lately. To be fair, I've been totally off plan the last month. At the moment, I'm hiding in my room thinking about the dark chocolate almonds I have in the kitchen. This crazy festive season eating needs to stop!

My surgery was on 8/22/17, and I've lost about 46 pounds/21 kg, which seems to be lagging compared to others who have posted here who had surgery last August. The rate of my weight loss slowed down a lot in October and November. However, I have not regained any of the weight lost. So the past week I've refocused on exercise and being more careful about my diet. Hopefully, the loss rate will pick up again.

Edited by SFCA

My surgery was on 8/22/17, and I've lost about 46 pounds/21 kg, which seems to be lagging compared to others who have posted here who had surgery last August. The rate of my weight loss slowed down a lot in October and November. However, I have not regained any of the weight lost. So the past week I've refocused on exercise and being more careful about my diet. Hopefully, the loss rate will pick up again.

I had surgery in June. I went through slow periods, so I went back to the basics...I track my food intake on MyFitnessPal, I track my exercise with FitBit, and I started to really increase my cardio. The plateaus eventually break and I start losing again. After all, no one said it would be easy. My surgeon told me I the surgery would help me lose about 75 lbs., but I needed to lose about 30 percent more and it would all be on me. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I have followed a similar pattern and have been bummed about it but yesterday my dear friend took a picture of me holding her new baby, man I didn't even recognize myself. I look way different. My arms are thinning out, as is my face. So I am going to take full body shots at the end of each month. We don't see the changes in ourselves easily. I also just broke a 5 week stall. It will keep happening.

My surgeon told me even if I did nothing else but have the sleeve I would lose another 60 lbs (not that he was encouraging this) and he helped remind me perspective. I lost 1/3 of my predicted loss in 3 months. Thank you for sharing too, I was feeling lost among all these big number looser (weight not personality ).

HW:319
SW:294
Current: 255
Goal:170

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, trying4me said:

I have followed a similar pattern and have been bummed about it but yesterday my dear friend took a picture of me holding her new baby, man I didn't even recognize myself. I look way different. My arms are thinning out, as is my face. So I am going to take full body shots at the end of each month. We don't see the changes in ourselves easily. I also just broke a 5 week stall. It will keep happening.

My surgeon told me even if I did nothing else but have the sleeve I would lose another 60 lbs (not that he was encouraging this) and he helped remind me perspective. I lost 1/3 of my predicted loss in 3 months. Thank you for sharing too, I was feeling lost among all these big number looser (weight not personality ).

HW:319
SW:294
Current: 255
Goal:170

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I love this idea! I'm very camera shy and I don't really have "before photos". Now, I wish that I did. It's so hard to see the changes in your body. Particularly when you don't see changes in the scale. Taking monthly photos could be a helpful tool!

5 hours ago, SFCA said:

Hey SFCA, as someone who has probably lost average to above average numbers (so far anyway), I just want to say that I would hate it if anyone felt like they were lagging. Seriously, this thread is about support and not comparisons. We are all different ages, starting weights, body sizes, heights, have different metabolisms, medical conditions, different dieting backgrounds, and have different things going on in our lives. We're all on our own paths! It doesn't matter if your weight loss is slow and steady or spurts and stalls or completely random and erratic. We're all trying to move in the same direction - towards health and happiness. To me, it's less about the numbers then it is about the attitude and learning new behaviors. Congratulations on not having any regain! If your ticker is correct, then you have lost 46 pounds - that's amazing!