Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Ok. I’ve been in a bit of a stall lately, so I decided to experiment. First I increased my Snacks (all healthy, eg hummus and veggies). It didn’t help the stall. So in the last week, I stopped snacking altogether. This decreased my calories from 1000 to maybe 700. But in just a few days, I have lost 2-3kg (5 pounds).

Do you guys think it’s a bad idea to drop calories down at the 6 month mark? I still have a fair amount of weight to lose.

if I’m honest, I’m not exercising much either....

I am desperate to lose the rest of the weight. I don’t want my journey to end here!

I was told by my doctor that as long as I am getting my Protein intake I can drop to 700-800 because I am constantly full and burping up food overeating.

Last week has been rough as far as keeping in my calorie range. I'm still tracking everything I eat and drinking Water. I'm getting so tired of drinking so much water. Is anyone else having this struggle? What are you trying to help over come it?

9 minutes ago, Kmccor said:

Last week has been rough as far as keeping in my calorie range. I'm still tracking everything I eat and drinking Water. I'm getting so tired of drinking so much Water. Is anyone else having this struggle? What are you trying to help over come it?

We've been cold here, so I have 16oz. of water with a packet of Nestle Fat Free hot chocolate. It's a little "thin" but it changed it up.

As of this morning, I weigh the least I've weighed since I was a teenager. (And I'm 42!)

About nine more pounds to onederland.

7 minutes ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

As of this morning, I weigh the least I've weighed since I was a teenager. (And I'm 42!)

About nine more pounds to onederland.

That's awesome! Congratulations!

What about calorie intake? Does anyone know what our range should be 6/7 months out? I'm hanging around 1000-1200 and I think that its too much. Also, I don't fee like I'm getting in all the Protein I should be. I've been tracking my food with my fitbit app since Christmas and I can see my trends. I'm losing about 1 to 2lb per week which is great but I'm scared to go backwards.

What about calorie intake? Does anyone know what our range should be 6/7 months out? I'm hanging around 1000-1200 and I think that its too much. Also, I don't fee like I'm getting in all the Protein I should be. I've been tracking my food with my fitbit app since Christmas and I can see my trends. I'm losing about 1 to 2lb per week which is great but I'm scared to go backwards.

At my 6 month visit to the doctor they said to try to keep between 800-1000.

We are getting warm here in the south so I tried on a pair of capri/crop from last summer. This is what happened.
IMG_3055.JPG

49 minutes ago, FabBy55 said:

We are getting warm here in the south so I tried on a pair of capri/crop from last summer. This is what happened.

I feel you there. My kid's scout group had an overnight at a place with an indoor pool and I didn't realize until packing that my only suit was a 3XL. I'm an L now, so that meant I had to watch while they swam without me.

3 hours ago, Kmccor said:

It's different for different people. I'm at about 1200 a day now. Sometimes a little over, sometimes slightly less, but right there. I'm tall and a guy so that may be partly why they have me so high. I'm losing about 1-2 lbs. per weeks too, about six months out. I think it's normal to slow down some at this point. I don't think I could lose more than another 20-25 without looking weird anyway.

2 minutes ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

I feel you there. My kid's scout group had an overnight at a place with an indoor pool and I didn't realize until packing that my only suit was a 3XL. I'm an L now, so that meant I had to watch while they swam without me.

I've given away at least 30 bags of clothing ... I don't have much now (can't buy EVERYTHING at once) but at least what I have fits!

I've given away at least 30 bags of clothing ... I don't have much now (can't buy EVERYTHING at once) but at least what I have fits!

30 bags - wow! I have not done a full closet clean yet. Just put in a box the ones that literally fall of. It’s hard going from a closet full of options to one pair of jeans and four pairs of pants. I hope to go down two more sizes so don’t want to buy too much until I am closer to goal (30-40 more to go).

13 hours ago, FabBy55 said:

30 bags - wow! I have not done a full closet clean yet. Just put in a box the ones that literally fall of. It’s hard going from a closet full of options to one pair of jeans and four pairs of pants. I hope to go down two more sizes so don’t want to buy too much until I am closer to goal (30-40 more to go).

I have bags and bags of clothes that don’t fit but I’m still hanging onto them. I have already donated several bags but it just feels weird to keep giving away everything I own. Like, unintentionally I have to become a minimalist!

On 2/11/2018 at 5:19 PM, 46w4kds said:

Thank you LaLaDee, im still very shy about my weight loss. I dont know if its just me or not, but nobody, i mean nobody tells me i look any diffrent with the exception of my kids and sisters. my husbands family doesnt even noticed my weight loss. It's frustrating to me because im really working hard to eat healthy, and now going to gym. But nothing, is it just me? I know i have because the scales tell me so, and i have dropped from a size 24 to a 12 in jeans. Im happy dont get me wrong, i love my results. Just wished others saw it to! Sw:244 cw: 187 gw:145 sd: 8/29/17

All I am going to say is that if they can not see that you have gotten healthier and lost quite a bit of weight then they are absolutely blind! You look amazing! Congratulations!!!:D Job well done!

I am doing well, I am down 94 pounds and feel great! The last night that I was able to sleep all night was Feb 3rd due to a 12 week old four legged addition to the family. If it wasn't for surgery I would not be able to keep up with my busy schedule (typical month is over 300 hours at work) and the sleepless nights from letting him out to potty, and walking 3-4 miles a day with him. I have about 20-30 pounds left and know that I made the right decision! I only wish I would have done it a few years ago!

Edited by Bhageerah

All I am going to say is that if they can not see that you have gotten healthier and lost quite a bit of weight then they are absolutely blind! You look amazing! Congratulations!!![emoji3] Job well done!
I am doing well, I am down 94 pounds and feel great! The last night that I was able to sleep all night was Feb 3rd due to a 12 week old four legged addition to the family. If it wasn't for surgery I would not be able to keep up with my busy schedule (typical month is over 300 hours at work) and the sleepless nights from letting him out to potty, and walking 3-4 miles a day with him. I have about 20-30 pounds left and know that I made the right decision! I only wish I would have done it a few years ago!

Wait you lost 94 since August???