Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Allie589 I’m in the same boat. Down 120 lbs and haven’t bought anything new except a shirt I needed for school (I’m a teacher) and I still bought a 3x. It’s all I know. I’m afraid of having to buy clothes because it’s always been a not fun experience. Trying to get my head around this but I still have a ways to go
HW 356
SW 343
CW 233

Wow! What an incredible weight loss! Congrats! We shld go shopping together! You by chance live in the Bay Area?? I prefer to go totally solo on a weekday evening and just try on. I’ve had luck at Macy’s and Kohl’s. Where I am having my major struggle now is with short sleeved shirts. About to head it to Arizona for spring break and it’s 90 degrees!! I finally wrapped my head around fall/winter clothes (actually fit into tall boots! They zipped over my calves!) but the warm weather clothing is giving me major, major anxiety. We can do this!! I’m there with you in spirit! Go get some new clothes!!!

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 188 on 3/7/18 5'7" GW: 150

Some of you guys definitely need to go shopping!!

LaLaDee it bizarre to explain but I’m afraid to. All I know is 4x or 26/28

anything else is foreign to me. I’m working on it though... may try one or two new things for summer!

LaLaDee it bizarre to explain but I’m afraid to. All I know is 4x or 26/28
anything else is foreign to me. I’m working on it though... may try one or two new things for summer!

It is bizarre to explain! I stupidly said something to one of my gym friends about how I am struggling with shopping since my weight loss and she turned to my other friend and said, “I wish I had that problem!” and laughed. I felt so discounted. It is so real though. I can’t wrap my head around all of this, and it is really hard to put into words that actually make sense.

Well done your doing fantastic.

I hit my personal goal this past Saturday. Surgery was 8/11 and my goal was a 25 Bmi. I've lost 58 lbs total and can fit into size 4/6. But I'm bummed that my cholesterol is still high and my A1C is still in the pre-diabetes diabetes range.

Hw-195
Gw-136.6
Cw-136.6
5'2"

Still working at it to see where my body settles. And trying to get rid of the belly flap.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations!! I’m around the same place you are — I hit my doctor goal/BMI of 25 last week. I’m so excited about this! Sleeved in May, have lost 96 lbs, and feel amazing. Went shopping and bought some size 8 dresses yesterday, which blows my mind.

I hit my personal goal this past Saturday. Surgery was 8/11 and my goal was a 25 Bmi. I've lost 58 lbs total and can fit into size 4/6. But I'm bummed that my cholesterol is still high and my A1C is still in the pre-diabetes diabetes range.

Hw-195
Gw-136.6
Cw-136.6
5'2"

Still working at it to see where my body settles. And trying to get rid of the belly flap.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm wearing a new shirt today... it's a medium. Long road between XXXL and M, y'all.

The relationship between size and weight is something I didn't really understand. I thought I would get down to about 175 before looking trim and that would would maybe be an XL. I'm down to 198 and nothing I wear anymore is bigger than an L and some of it is medium now. Some of that is probably the way sizes have changed over the years to flatter people. An M today is probably an L from 20 years ago. But still. It's weird.

The other weird thing is, I went from looking very much like my youngest brother (who is overweight but not obese) and not at all like my older brother (who runs marathons) to nothing at all like the younger brother and very much like the older one. We're not twins or anything but we have a strong family resemblance now.

I'm wearing a new shirt today... it's a medium. Long road between XXXL and M, y'all.
The relationship between size and weight is something I didn't really understand. I thought I would get down to about 175 before looking trim and that would would maybe be an XL. I'm down to 198 and nothing I wear anymore is bigger than an L and some of it is medium now. Some of that is probably the way sizes have changed over the years to flatter people. An M today is probably an L from 20 years ago. But still. It's weird.

198! Did your wife quit smoking? Wasn’t that the deal?

I have the opposite problem. I can’t quit shopping! I joke that is my addiction transfer. Last weekend I exchanged some shirts I had bought from Large to Medium.

And yes, the weight and size correlation is weird. I remember being this weight but definitely not this size. I think excess skin weighs a lot more than I thought. And I have more muscle from working out.

If you are afraid to go shop, just do it! Go with no wallet and just try some things on. It will put a smile on your face and encourage you - I promise!

35 minutes ago, FabBy55 said:

198! Did your wife quit smoking? Wasn’t that the deal?

It was! Thanks for remembering! Yep, she's working with a cessation counselor through our insurance company. She's down to 4 cigarettes a day (from 10-12) with a projected quit date of June 1. I'm pretty proud of her.

It was! Thanks for remembering! Yep, she's working with a cessation counselor through our insurance company. She's down to 4 cigarettes a day (from 10-12) with a projected quit date of June 1. I'm pretty proud of her.

Ahhh. That’s awesome! Cheers to the healthier couple!

It’s so inspiring, how well all of our brother and sister sleevers are doing! Yay us!! I am on spring break in Arizona with my whole family (siblings and all their kids, including my insanely fit sister in law) and for the first time in YEARS, I put a swim suit on. My kids are so excited. It’s hard still but I am pushing through and am trying to really enjoy myself. :) I want to be in my kids’ memories of being interactive and not just sitting and watching.

I have the opposite problem. I can’t quit shopping! I joke that is my addiction transfer. Last weekend I exchanged some shirts I had bought from Large to Medium.

Wow! Good for you!!! Great progress!! My fantasy is my transfer addiction will be Home organization