Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Ever see yourself as the same big person as you was before your weight loss? When i look at before and after pics, i still dont see that big of a difference. Happy im losing, but sad that it doesnt look like much.

SD:8/29/17 SW:244 CW: 173

@46w4kds, don't worry, your gyno may say you're now an older woman but you'll be a permanently young cute👧 chick to me. After all, I'm old as dirt, me and Methuselah double-dated with Moses and his sister. I was the one who gave Daniel a cold Premier Protein when he got sprung from the Lion's Den and helped St Paul with eye drops after he went blind on that road trip. Yeah, I've been around a👵 long time! If I say you're still young and cute-- you can rely on it!😜

All the time.... scale says I’m down almost 130 lbs (started at 356 so a lot more to go) and I for the first time bought some new clothes in a smaller size. I couldn’t get myself to buy anything except what I was used to. It’s weird. I feel better but struggle to “see” it in myself even when looking at before and current pics

2 hours ago, Janet610 said:

All the time.... scale says I’m down almost 130 lbs (started at 356 so a lot more to go) and I for the first time bought some new clothes in a smaller size. I couldn’t get myself to buy anything except what I was used to. It’s weird. I feel better but struggle to “see” it in myself even when looking at before and current pics

I know exactly how you feel, because its the same with me! Im still buying clothes that are to big because its my comfort zone. I dont feel good in smaller clothes, i like to hide under them. Its been emotionally hard on me and im not sure why. Dont get me wrong i love that i have lost over 100lbs from my highest weight, and over 70lbs since surgery weight. Im healthier, i can jog now, and even mow my grass without having to rest every 15 minutes! Its just mentally, and emotionally not excepting myself. Hopefully my head will catch up to my body and not think everybody is still talking about me.

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

@46w4kds, don't worry, your gyno may say you're now an older woman but you'll be a permanently young cute👧 chick to me. After all, I'm old as dirt, me and Methuselah double-dated with Moses and his sister. I was the one who gave Daniel a cold Premier Protein when he got sprung from the Lion's Den and helped St Paul with eye drops after he went blind on that road trip. Yeah, I've been around a👵 long time! If I say you're still young and cute-- you can rely on it!😜

Thank you very much for your kind words! Loved how you put it.

I'm back from my vacation. My delicious carb fuelled vacation. Ugh. Got on the scale this morning and I'm up about 2kg (5 lb). I need to go back to healthy eating. Everything just feels like an uphill battle now! I woke up this morning and thought vacation is over. I had two weeks of Philly cheese steak, pizza, Pasta (more delicious than I remembered after 9 months), burgers, fries, Cinnabon, pies, donuts (have mercy). It's hard. I feel like I'm breaking up with food again. This week is going to be sooooo hard.

Another reason I truly appreciate this forum is because after a certain point, my wife and co-workers have heard enough and I don't have anywhere else to be proud and report results.

I got new jeans yesterday: 32Wx34L. I'm wearing those with a medium shirt and I feel like I look good. But I feel like I'm getting annoying to the people around me in real life, so I'll just say that here and keep my mouth shut elsewhere.

16 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

I'm back from my vacation. My delicious carb fuelled vacation. Ugh. Got on the scale this morning and I'm up about 2kg (5 lb). I need to go back to healthy eating. Everything just feels like an uphill battle now! I woke up this morning and thought vacation is over. I had two weeks of Philly cheese steak, pizza, Pasta (more delicious than I remembered after 9 months), burgers, fries, Cinnabon, pies, donuts (have mercy). It's hard. I feel like I'm breaking up with food again. This week is going to be sooooo hard.

You got this girl!! I have a family wedding to go to Saturday, and im kinda dreading it. You know cake, unhealthy foods, alcohol....SMH gotta stay strong!😄

13 minutes ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

Another reason I truly appreciate this forum is because after a certain point, my wife and co-workers have heard enough and I don't have anywhere else to be proud and report results.

I got new jeans yesterday: 32Wx34L. I'm wearing those with a medium shirt and I feel like I look good. But I feel like I'm getting annoying to the people around me in real life, so I'll just say that here and keep my mouth shut elsewhere.

Be proud and dont stand down!! You have alot to be proud of! But of course, we all got your back here. I cant even get anyone to say nothing about my weight loss, besides my mom and sisters. Not even my own husband cant tell me im looking good, and his family, not even.

Today i hit a BMI of 29......yeah, getting close to that goal weight

Hw: 277 SW: 244 CW: 171 GW: 145

03d21a7f2a68767b4d17098d0b36a4d5.jpg

3 hours ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

You have done so well! Is your ticker correct? 1.2 pounds to goal? That is so exciting!

I agree about the forum giving you somewhere to brag a little. We go through all these changes and I think we need a way to process them. And normal people don't understand!

Yep, I'm only 1.2 lbs. away. To tell the truth though, I consider myself more or less done.

I'm already about 10 pounds less than wife. She's super proud of me, but it's maybe not her favorite thing to outweigh me. I think she looks great, but I understand the feeling.

11 hours ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

Yep, I'm only 1.2 lbs. away. To tell the truth though, I consider myself more or less done.

I'm already about 10 pounds less than wife. She's super proud of me, but it's maybe not her favorite thing to outweigh me. I think she looks great, but I understand the feeling.

Lol - your poor wife!

I've been stalled in my weight loss since November. :(

Nothing seems to be working to help me lose weight and I don't understand what's going on. I've been tracking my nutritional intake, my exercises, my weight (on a daily basis), my Water intake, and I've furnished that data to a nutritionist at Poudre Valley Hospital. In the last couple weeks, I was put on phentermine and started tracking my nightly sleep using a sleep tracker. I've also had gallbladder surgery last year where I had my gallbladder removed, so I cannot have fatty foods without getting sick.

I have no idea why this surgery isn't working for me and it is so depressing.

8 hours ago, Véronique said:

I've been stalled in my weight loss since November. :(

Nothing seems to be working to help me lose weight and I don't understand what's going on. I've been tracking my nutritional intake, my exercises, my weight (on a daily basis), my Water intake, and I've furnished that data to a nutritionist at Poudre Valley Hospital. In the last couple weeks, I was put on phentermine and started tracking my nightly sleep using a sleep tracker. I've also had gallbladder surgery last year where I had my gallbladder removed, so I cannot have fatty foods without getting sick.

I have no idea why this surgery isn't working for me and it is so depressing.

Stay strong! You poor thing! Has your surgeon got any ideas?