Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Great job to everyone out there, we all have alot to be proud of.

I'm still hovering in the 196-199 range, which I am cool with. I am getting better at finding the right size/portion for off-plan stuff that allows me to partake, but not overdo it. And I'm getting pretty good at matching days of being off-plan (a slice of pizza with the family, for instance) with meals where I am very much on plan (boiled chicken for lunch the next day). I still weigh myself everyday and I make adjustments as needed.

The only rough day I've had lately was Saturday, when we went to shake Shack before a concert. The line was so long that when we got our food, we had just a few minutes to eat. Even though I'd chosen a veggie burger (and theirs are small anyway) to stay on plan, wolfing it down in a hurry made me VERY queasy.

Other than that, I've been doing good. Most of my meals are still the stuff I ate when I was trying to lose: Protein Shakes, tuna, lean grilled meats, raw veggies. I still skip most sweets and have small portions. I still eat Protein first.

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

Hi August sleevers. How’s it going? Are you still losing? Let’s have an update and keep the motivation going? I’m still getting there slowly but surely. Had a problem with Hair loss for a few months and thought I was heading for a wig! but started taking Biotin and my hairdresser confirms that it’s growing back. I dont track my calories anymore and still try to stick to Protein first. I still can only eat about 2-3ounces of food at one time and don’t really get hungry but I do nibble. Cashew nuts are my downfall as I seemed to be able to eat them easy enough 😂. Hope your all doing ok. It’s been a up and down battle for us all but boy have we worked hard! Who said it would be easy 😆.

Edited by Jeaniered

Go, August Sleevers! I'm anywhere between 2-4 pounds from a "normal" BMI ... I keep fluctuating because of things like cashews as well. My surgeon just wants me at normal BMI, which is 141 lbs. I wanted to go to 130 lbs, but I'd be happy with 135, which I think will be my new goal. I still track food in MFP. It helps keep me honest.

Love reading everyone's posts, whether they're cheering or needing some support. We all need to cheer and get support at some time in this journey. Especially love seeing the pictures.

You're all fantastic people on a wonderful journey -- keep it up!

Its coming up, our one year anniversary. Im so excited to say im only 9lbs from my goal weight. I have till August 29th and i am hoping i can get there. Cant believe i started at a 40bmi and now im a 26, wow! Im very happy with my progress and would definitely say it was the best decision i have ever made. Im the happiest i have been in such a long time😀 when is your anniversary date?

SD: August 29, 2017 SW:244 HW:277 GW:145 and today i weigh 154 🎉🎊🎉

Yes! Can you believe it’s almost been a year?!!!! Wow! I’ll weigh in at the bariatric office on the 7th, which is my anniversary! I don’t have a scale at home so I have no idea where I am but at last weigh in I’m down 80. I’m still 27 lbs from goal but now that I’m older and had a couple of kids (twins), I’m wearing the same size I wore at a lighter weight so I think it’s all just different? I’m going to make myself post before and after Picts one year apart. You guys have been such amazing support!!! Here’s to us, August 2017 sisters and brothers!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

getting dressed to go see a play tonight and i realized i could put both hands, palm flat between me and my pants.

i grabbed the tape measure and 37" freaking inches . i had stopped measuring when when i broke 40" cause that's the magic number to be under for health along with bmi.

July has been a slow month for me so this was a great boost to my morale this month.

weigh-in is Saturday and i will hold out till morning to see the weight number.

I can’t believe it’s been nearly a year!!! Time really does fly. I’m going to hit one year anniversary on 21 August! I’ve lost 150 pounds! Would like to lose a little bit more but loss is definitely much slower. My BMI was 51 and now it’s 28. It feels like a whole new world.

Is anyone doing anything special to mark the one year anniversary or reward them self?

I’m going to wear the dress I bought a year ago as my goal. which I never thought I’d fit into ever. But it fits and is now a bit big but I love it. Then I’m going out to dinner with my husband who has been my rock. It’s also my birthday so double celebrations.

12 hours ago, Jeaniered said:

I’m going to wear the dress I bought a year ago as my goal. which I never thought I’d fit into ever. But it fits and is now a bit big but I love it. Then I’m going out to dinner with my husband who has been my rock. It’s also my birthday so double celebrations.

I love this!!! You have so much to celebrate! You must post a pic here of you looking hot in that goal dress!

@txsrooster you look very fine, I would even go so far as to say you look in fighting trim, all smooth and sleek feathered. Now if we can keep you out of the Hot Texas Heat, after all that hard work we don't want,to shriveling into chicken jerky! Congratulations on a kid well done.

Not kid but Job well done!

So today is my 1 year Anniversary.

I have lost 160lbs as of this morning (95.8% of excess weight)

i am off 2 blood pressure meds and my Metformin

My sleep Apnea is gone and my memory has slowly gotten better over the last year.

I am around 1 month (at current monthly weight loss) from switching to maintenance

i plan to post a current picture later today. i will add the pre op pic that is already there if i can figure out how to get both together.

I want to thank all of you for the comradery during the last year. Reading everyone's journey made mine easier to work thru and help me get a sense of what this was like from so my different places.

I know i was very lucky- first just getting the surgery as it is harder to get approved than i realized.

I had a very pain free post op and i see now that is not always the case

I also landed on the above average side of the average weight loss for this type of surgery

This has nothing to do with calories in because we all know how little we can eat post op.

As a man i got luckier(unfair) in the hormone dept than you ladies and since weight loss and gain is Hormone driven i have come to believe it is just a bit easier for men to maximize the results from the sleeve.

Once again you ladies are forced to work harder and longer to get the same :(

I am going to miss you all but i will not be around a day to day basis anymore.

My plan after today is drop back in a few months and let you know how maintaining my weight is going.

I wish all of you the best and know that no matter if the weight loss comes quick or slow you can get there if you hold true to the plan and stay faithful to yourself that you are worth all the effort you put into this and don't let anyone tell you anything different.

good luck

fantastic result so pleased for you. I’m heading for my anniversary on 8th August and have lost 105 pounds so far. Also off most of my meds and feel fantastic. I haven’t had many problems myself but the support and advice on this page has been great when I’ve hit a wall. Look forward to seeing your pics and the new you.