Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smoked weed yesterday and my surgery is friday!

I think you are going to find multiple opinions on this site. If you want the right answer, you should ask your doctor. Only he/she can tell you for sure. Good luck on your surgery.

I will and thank you!

So knowing this, don't say you're one of few people who is actually athletic on here. You're in the same boat as all of us. Good luck to you. You need all you can get. Bless you on your journey. [emoji173]️

Just be honest with your surgeon and anesthesia and tell them you smoked weed. You make your own educated decisions on what you do with your life, but theres no good reason to not tell them the truth, as it will only help them provide better care for you

I like to smoke pot occasionally, and I have for 40+ years. It isn't a big deal.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:36 AM, sleevedshereen said:

So knowing this, don't say you're one of few people who is actually athletic on here. You're in the same boat as all of us. Good luck to you. You need all you can get. Bless you on your journey. emoji173.png

I honestly do not think the OP was meaning to be insulting, and I can see how it can be taken so. The OP was getting backed into a corner by some pre-judging members here. Rather than being supportive and having a discussion it turned into holier-than-thou bashing. I know you were trying to be helpful (and I'm NOT including you in that group that was attacking the OP).

To others in this thread, the way medical marijuana laws are changing throughout the country are a sign of the medical benefits, with minimal to no side effects. I am not one who uses it, but working in the medical industry I can see where it is FAR better of a solution than many other prescribed medications with side effects which harm organs, and are physically addictive.

This forum is about sharing of information, helping others through their journey and being a wealth of knowledge. If we turn people away, it is more than just mean, it may contribute to the issues that got us all here in the first place. Do you want to be responsible for someone quitting? How do we all feel about people judging us about our weight? Those of you being insulting, have done the same thing to the OP except used weed in place of food...

OP - you have gotten some good advice here, be honest with your surgeon. I hope you do not have an issue.

Edited by JT2002TJ

Yes for whatever reason u do it for that isn't a medical reason try to stop.
I use to smoke too n when those munchies hit it is no joke u eat like crazy n not healthy...I hope u well [emoji4][emoji123][emoji120]

Girl stop with all that we're all getting this surgery done to lose weight. And your acting like I'm an everyday all day or every weekend pot smoker well I'm not. I took a couple of hits over the weekend and that was that. I wasn't drinking it up and smoking packs of cigarettes or smoking blunt after blunt on end. I'm simply asking a yes or no question when it comes down to it[emoji849]

I have my weed smoking under control, or I don't smoke it everyday sounds like the motto of many addicts hope you get help.

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

I honestly do not think the OP was meaning to be insulting, and I can see how it can be taken so. The OP was getting backed into a corner by some pre-judging members here. Rather than being supportive and having a discussion it turned into holier-than-thou bashing. I know you were trying to be helpful (and I'm NOT including you in that group that was attacking the OP).
To others in this thread, the way medical marijuana laws are changing throughout the country are a sign of the medical benefits, with minimal to no side effects. I am not one who uses it, but working in the medical industry I can see where it is FAR better of a solution than many other prescribed medications with side effects which harm organs, and are physically addictive.
This forum is about sharing of information, helping others through their journey and being a wealth of knowledge. If we turn people away, it is more than just mean, it may contribute to the issues that got us all here in the first place. Do you want to be responsible for someone quitting? How do we all feel about people judging us about our weight? Those of you being insulting, have done the same thing to the OP except used weed in place of food...
OP - you have gotten some good advice here, be honest with your surgeon. I hope you do not have an issue.

If you think that prescribed medications cause your body harm and marijuana doesn't you're only fooling yourself, marijuana is far worse on the lungs than cigarettes anyone who is feeling like they are defending their use of drugs is in need of some rehab and meetings.

1 hour ago, nomorefattypatty said:

If you think that prescribed medications cause your body harm and marijuana doesn't you're only fooling yourself, marijuana is far worse on the lungs than cigarettes anyone who is feeling like they are defending their use of drugs is in need of some rehab and meetings.

I am not defending the use of drugs, I am defending a person who is being attacked. I am not religious, but I think there are good aspects (teachings), for example:

Mathew 7: 1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Just an fyi, medicinal marijuana does not have to be "smoked". It can be inhaled as a vapor, ingested as a pill or food. These ways do not include the harmful effects of the traditional "smoking" way.

I'm still not sure how the traditional way of smoking marijuana is "far worse on the lungs than cigarettes." I would be happy to read any literature you have to support this.

There are plenty of articles on pubmed.gov with double blind placebo controlled studies (from overseas) citing the medical benefits of medicinal marijuana.

Edited by JT2002TJ

i knew this thread would be frickin awesome before i even clicked on it.

*grabs popcorn -- er, i mean, unsalted almonds*

I do not condone smoking anything, it is an individual decision and not for any one person to judge. People shouldn't throw stones who live in glass houses.

@JT2002TJ saying "girl stop" when I don't know you, is speaking down to me and rude. She was defensive against anyone who had an opinion on the matter. She posted something, and this is a forum for everyone to share their thoughts and opinions, just because it isn't to someone's liking, and because they didn't like to hear criticism on the matter and wanted a babied answer, they also were rude to every person on here that said that was not a good idea. We are not doctors so we said be honest with your surgeon. Also, this is not just a random surgery...if you are serious about this journey you are about to embark on why risk it? That is all we were saying. So because I shared my opinion, I was told "girl stop" with a rude remark after. Not having it. If you want to defend that, sure. Go ahead. You're completely entitled, as are we who have opposing opinions.

1 hour ago, sleevedshereen said:

@JT2002TJ saying "girl stop" when I don't know you, is speaking down to me and rude. She was defensive against anyone who had an opinion on the matter. She posted something, and this is a forum for everyone to share their thoughts and opinions, just because it isn't to someone's liking, and because they didn't like to hear criticism on the matter and wanted a babied answer, they also were rude to every person on here that said that was not a good idea. We are not doctors so we said be honest with your surgeon. Also, this is not just a random surgery...if you are serious about this journey you are about to embark on why risk it? That is all we were saying. So because I shared my opinion, I was told "girl stop" with a rude remark after. Not having it. If you want to defend that, sure. Go ahead. You're completely entitled, as are we who have opposing opinions.

Yeah, I'm just assuming she was coming from the side of being backed into a corner and as a result was unintentionally lashing, but I may be wrong.

I just want people to get along and help each other out.

Thanks!

So many heroes... saving the world one irrelevant opinion at a time...

Edited by Mersh

1 hour ago, JT2002TJ said:

Yeah, I'm just assuming she was coming from the side of being backed into a corner and as a result was unintentionally lashing, but I may be wrong.

I just want people to get along and help each other out.

Thanks!

Likewise! But me reading "i'm probably one of the few people on here who's actually athletic" is rude and doesn't sit well with me so I just wanted to address it and make it clear that words like that are uncalled for and not ok in an environment like this.

Anyways! I'm over this post. Have a good day!