Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smoked weed yesterday and my surgery is friday!

Has anyone smoked days before surgery? I'm not an everyday mj smoker but I do it every other weekend sometimes. I had my pre op visit last Monday along with my endoscopy and hadn't smoked weed in almost 3 weeks and I took a urine test when I went and they didn't say anything about it being positive for THC. So this past Friday and yesterday I took a couple of hits and my surgery is this this Friday! Will I be ok?

You will be fine. Really, don't even worry about it.

49 minutes ago, nomorefattypatty said:

Quit smoking weed, duh

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

Please don't make those sorts of blanket statements without knowing a person's medical history & needs.

So not smoking for 3 weeks so you could pass tests and then smoking right before wls - sounds like recreational smoking and not need. It makes a person wonder if you are really ready to take this seriously. You came here looking for validation and got it from two 'lay people', and a wth from others. So take your pick and good luck.

Edited by Sosewsue61

I agree this is a serious surgery and if you can't stop smoking pot they should disqualify you from surgery, my Dr wouldn't even do it on people that smoke cigarettes. Just like alcohol it is not recommended anywhere you read. DaleCruse you aren't the Bariatric police I can comment any way I feel.

So not smoking for 3 weeks so you could pass tests and then smoking right before wls - sounds like recreational smoking and not need. It makes a person wonder if you are really ready to take this seriously. You came here looking for validation and got it from two 'lay people', and a wth from others. So take your pick and good luck.

Actually I didn't stop smoking weed to pass a drug test I stoped smoking because I was starting to break out a little. And I am very serious about this surgery. I don't smoke weed every day or need it function or die without I smoke it rarely and I took a few hits of a joint I don't smoke one all to myself. And I'm probably one of the few people on here that are athletic and getting this surgery to lose the stubborn weight that isn't coming off easily anymore. I know what your thinking. Smoking weed and getting the munchies. I don't go pig out after I get high like you I'm sure think most people do. So go take your rude comment elsewhere

I am a weed smoker because of my PTSD and anxiety from the military. When I did my hospital admit the nurse asked and I told her I was honest. She said that weed wouldnt be a tie breaker for my surgery. I have read numerous people post op say that weed did not hurt their surgery.

2 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Who are you to judge? What makes her not serious because she smokes weed and she did say once in a while.

59 minutes ago, nomorefattypatty said:

I agree this is a serious surgery and if you can't stop smoking pot they should disqualify you from surgery, my Dr wouldn't even do it on people that smoke cigarettes. Just like alcohol it is not recommended anywhere you read. DaleCruse you aren't the Bariatric police I can comment any way I feel.

Well let me comment on how I feel! Cigarettes are different from weed along with alcohol. No place in anything that I have read you cant smoke weed. Unless you are her nurse or doctor STOP BEING HER JUDGE AND JURY! If you didnt have **** to say but bs then you need to keep **** to yourself. Things you missed in elementary school+

Has anyone smoked days before surgery? I'm not an everyday mj smoker but I do it every other weekend sometimes. I had my pre op visit last Monday along with my endoscopy and hadn't smoked weed in almost 3 weeks and I took a urine test when I went and they didn't say anything about it being positive for THC. So this past Friday and yesterday I took a couple of hits and my surgery is this this Friday! Will I be ok?

I think you are going to find multiple opinions on this site. If you want the right answer, you should ask your doctor. Only he/she can tell you for sure. Good luck on your surgery.

1 hour ago, torriqurll said:

. And I'm probably one of the few people on here that are athletic and getting this surgery to lose the stubborn weight that isn't coming off easily anymore.

Firstly, you just offended most people on this site. Secondly, if weed isn't so necessary in your life and this surgery is important to you...why would you have risked it to begin with? Thirdly, consult your surgeon, not us non-athletic people.

Edited by sleevedshereen

Well let me comment on how I feel! Cigarettes are different from weed along with alcohol. No place in anything that I have read you cant smoke weed. Unless you are her nurse or doctor STOP BEING HER JUDGE AND JURY! If you didnt have **** to say but bs then you need to keep **** to yourself. Things you missed in elementary school+

Thank you! I think they read it as I'm a continuos weed smoker which I'm not I took a couple hits over the weekend and that was that. If they found THC in my system from when I first went and did a UTS then that was from months ago. The doctor asked if I drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes and I said no because I do neither. I was just simply asking a question I'm sure most people want to know and they all attacked lol

Firstly, you just offended most people on this site. Secondly, if weed isn't so necessary in your life and this surgery is important to you...why would you have risked it to begin with? Thirdly, consult your surgeon, not us non-athletic people.

Girl stop with all that we're all getting this surgery done to lose weight. And your acting like I'm an everyday all day or every weekend pot smoker well I'm not. I took a couple of hits over the weekend and that was that. I wasn't drinking it up and smoking packs of cigarettes or smoking blunt after blunt on end. I'm simply asking a yes or no question when it comes down to it