Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

On 1/3/2018 at 8:33 AM, Gretsada said:

I have the same reason... I want to be able to do activities with them and be healthy for them!!!
Am doing this for my little ones (5 and 3 years old).

How did your surgery go?

7 minutes ago, Liz t said:

Hello, my surgery was Jan 2. I had a lap and removed and a sleeve done. I am experiencing a lot of gas. I am constantly burping myself like a baby. The surgery went fine. My stomach is a bit swollen. What really bothers me is to drink. It’s painful. I am not taking any pain killers, I don’t feel I need it.

Glad to hear you are doing well! I am having my band removed and converted to sleeve on Monday the 8th. Keep us updated on how you are feeling! :)

How did your surgery go?

Will be 01/12!!! Next friday

Instagram: itsgretchen

Me! I’m tomorrow and trying to not be too emotional/anxious!!!

How’d you make out? I was also 1/4. I’m doing pretty good.

Jan 23 here! Day before my wedding anniversary. Well, this is one year I won't Celebrate with a mai tai!

I'm the 23rd too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BariatricPal mobile app

21 hours ago, Brittanyblue said:

I know i'm not a january sleever, but my date is so close january! anyway, i went back to work the tuesday after surgery and my surgery was on a thursday :) i was completely fine. i work in an office.

Glad you are doing so well after the surgery! I'm having mine on 1/18 and planning on going back on Monday. Its a desk job but no one else can do it while I'm out. Hopeful that I won't have to stay long each day if I'm still in pain.

My doctor give 6 weeks off and I will take them all. I guess it's one of the little perks that being a canadian can give me, 60% pay for 6 week while i take care of my food and everything. If my work was really in trouble I would come back earlier but right now I want to enjoy and make a stable life change. mine is on 22/01 if they don't push it back ...... again

My doctor give 6 weeks off and I will take them all. I guess it's one of the little perks that being a canadian can give me, 60% pay for 6 week while i take care of my food and everything. If my work was really in trouble I would come back earlier but right now I want to enjoy and make a stable life change. mine is on 22/01 if they don't push it back ...... again

Fabulous! Great that you are taking it all and enjoy the time of change! I'll do the same. I have my own company so can work from home - first day at clients is end Feb, so I'm giving myself space, though will work from home as soon as I'm up to it.

I've been ghosting, this is my first post. I am scheduled for January 11, one week! I am very nervous, especially when I read stories of complications. Pre-op diet going good since the 26th, except for some champagne and bad Snacks at a party on NYE... But still already down 11lbs during pre-op. My diet right now is Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch and a small Protein forward dinner w/ veggies. Been having Oikos triple zero and sugar free Jello for Snacks when I get home from work as well.

I am a bundle of worries and fears, these being the biggest ones:

- Complication from surgery

- Alcohol and carbonation restriction (I am [hopefully "was"] a daily drinker, diet cokes during the day and wine and beer at night)

- Regaining weight after losing a lot (I regained weight after being on Medi Weight Loss and losing 100 lbs 5 years ago)

- Returning to work quickly (I run a business and cannot afford not to be back)

- The diet ruining my active social life which revolves around friends and going out for drinks/food.

- People finding out about my surgery and thinking that is was the "easy way out". I have only told my SO and my BFF.

There are other smaller fears but it felt good to write those out!

I have these exact same fears. I’m just going to have to take it one day at a time. Right now I’m trying to stay away from food commercials, and be in the bedroom while my family eats- I just had surgery yesterday and am on a liquid diet for 3 weeks. I’m really struggling with if I should go ahead and be honest with people and let them know I did have the sleeve if they ask. But the fear of hearing it being the easy way out could really make me speechless. We are working hard and food is EVERYWHERE nowadays... we can get through it!!!

So, I’m just home from the hospital after my surgery. In the middle of a blizzard, I had my surgery. Surgery started sometime between 9:30 & 10. I was up and walking by 2. Gas has been my biggest pain followed by stomach cramping. I got up and walked a lot in the hospital. My throat is very sore and my mouth was incredibly dry yesterday. As they hydrated me, I started to do better. But keeping hydrated is a project. Overall, I feel like I’m doing pretty good.

7 minutes ago, NJRangergirl said:

So, I’m just home from the hospital after my surgery. In the middle of a blizzard, I had my surgery. Surgery started sometime between 9:30 & 10. I was up and walking by 2. Gas has been my biggest pain followed by stomach cramping. I got up and walked a lot in the hospital. My throat is very sore and my mouth was incredibly dry yesterday. As they hydrated me, I started to do better. But keeping hydrated is a project. Overall, I feel like I’m doing pretty good.

Congratulations! Keep it up!😊😊

I thought I was getting a sleeve on 1/4, but after arriving at the hospital and talking with my surgeon, I got the roux en y instead. She also took out my "funny looking" gallbladder. I was super groggy from the anesthesia so I didn't get to art walking until the next morning. But once I started moving there was no holding me back! I'm doing great with the liquids and walking. Gas hasn't been too terrible. I hurt more from the gallbladder removal than anything else.

30 minutes ago, redrobin2175 said:

I thought I was getting a sleeve on 1/4, but after arriving at the hospital and talking with my surgeon, I got the roux en y instead. She also took out my "funny looking" gallbladder. I was super groggy from the anesthesia so I didn't get to art walking until the next morning. But once I started moving there was no holding me back! I'm doing great with the liquids and walking. Gas hasn't been too terrible. I hurt more from the gallbladder removal than anything else.

Congrats! Sorry about the funny looking gall bladder, but I am really curious - why the last minute switch to RNY? (sleeve 2 weeks away for me so curious!)

Hi everyone! I am this Wednesday, January 10th!! It seemed so far away, I can't believe the surgery date is here already!! My program has a prescription Vitamins and they are covered by insurance (with normal co-pay) the pack gets mailed to me each month.