Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

On 12/15/2017 at 5:16 PM, Tim L said:

Hello, my name is Tim. I am very happy for those who are getting the procedure this month. I wish I could be among you. My surgery won't happen until late May or early June due to insurance requirements. Until then I would appreciate any and all words of encouragement and tips while I wait. 😊

Hey Tim I’m Tim to my surgery is on January 18 it’s the second time I’ve been scheduled lived in the pre-op diet twice.Hey Tim I’m Tim to my surgery is on January 18 it’s the second time I’ve been scheduled lived in the pre-op diet twice.

On 12/19/2017 at 3:02 PM, Mesc said:

January 11, am having doubts

Don’t have those! I did and had to reschedule. Worst decision ever! Hot me up or read my posts if you want to know more but my problem with my weight was realized and so obvious. I regret not getting it don May 30, 2017.

On 1/2/2018 at 12:34 PM, Honeyswt said:

I am so nervous. I am nauseated because I am so nervous. How is everyone else doing? I am scheduled Jan 8th for a sleeve. I have waited and planned for getting surgery for a long time. How can I stop this nervousness? Does anyone have any tips on what to bring to the hospital? I hope we all stay in contact and become buddies. I am new to this app but am willing to stay in contact.Good luck everyone. To the new Us !!!

Tell them you want the Ativan right after you talk to the anesthesiologist. That’s the route I’m taking.

On 11/19/2017 at 2:57 PM, deidretan said:

Jan 15th here ! Going to Mexico! Could have gone sooner however due to work commitments and schedules, January works out better for me :)

January 18th for me. Was someone setting up a secret Facebook group?

I've bought a couple different Protein Drink flavors and I really like the Premier Protein. I'm currently on my preop diet which is high Protein, low carb in order to shrink the liver. Yesterday was hard but I figured I better suck it up and get a grip. Its only going to get harder before it gets better. Might as get a jump on the weight loss :)

Chapstick was another item people mentioned to bring

On 1/2/2018 at 12:48 PM, I AM WORTH IT said:

This is my list:
Heating Pad, Ear plugs, Eye shades, Ear buds, Tablet (or iPad), Charger, Phone, Chapstick, Robe, Slippers, PJs, Walking shoes, Medications, Healthcare POA, Extension cord, My Pillow, Gas-X strips, sugar free mints, Lotion, Mouthwash or spray and a Water bottle for the trip home.

I’m taking this. I was told by another sleever it worked great after surgery when you can’t drink.I was told by another sleeper it worked great after surgery when you can’t drink.

3CFC97A2-93F2-4A18-AC99-A467E7D0D88E.png

Edited by SEAHAWKS FAN!

Mine is on Tuesday and I am trying the last of the liver shrinking then on to Clear Liquids. I look forward to doing it without feeling hungry all of the time. I am starting to feel like let’s just get on with it. Getting very cranky from hunger. Grrrr!

Thanks for the the hospital lists, they are very helpful.

Edited by Norcal
Spelling

Hi all, Morgen (Mo) here.

I've got my pre-op appointment scheduled for midday on January 18th with Dr. Emma Patterson at Oregon Weight Loss Surgery in Portland, OR. I'm hoping the surgery itself will be scheduled for the following week, or at least by the end of January. I'm a bit uneasy though, as I haven't lost any weight since my last weigh-in on 12/21/17, which is frustrating. Anybody have any suggestions for re-igniting a stalled weight loss? I'd really like to be down another 5lbs or more by my visit.

20180102_064018.jpg

Hi, all- getting sleeved Monday and couldn’t be more nervous. I keep thinking that I seriously can’t believe I’m going to walk into a hospital and voluntarily get most of my stomach taken out. I have worked for almost a year to get to the point when my surgery could be scheduled, and I’ve done all my research and really believe in what this surgery can do. It’s just now that it’s actually time I’m completely scared. I have two small kids, which makes it scarier for me. Anyone else feel this way?

Surgery Date: January 8, 2018
Sleeve Gastrectomy

I am having it done on Tuesday and feel the same way. The reality is most of the other alternatives don’t work long term ( as you know). I have kids too and want to be around for them and keep up with as they get older. I am sure you will do great! We have to believe this will make all our lives better and healthier. Good luck!

Hi, all- getting sleeved Monday and couldn’t be more nervous. I keep thinking that I seriously can’t believe I’m going to walk into a hospital and voluntarily get most of my stomach taken out. I have worked for almost a year to get to the point when my surgery could be scheduled, and I’ve done all my research and really believe in what this surgery can do. It’s just now that it’s actually time I’m completely scared. I have two small kids, which makes it scarier for me. Anyone else feel this way?

Sleeve Gastrectomy

I completely understand and felt the same way. Everyone kept asking me if I was excited and I wasn't really. But I knew I was making the right decision. My girls are 7 and 2 and the oldest is excited to have a mommy who can do more with her and be more active. I had my VSG on January 3 and already I feel better already. Very little pain, cooking for my family by the 5th and I couldn't be happier with the decision. You're giving your kids a better future with you and I wish you all the best tomorrow. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey I'm 3 days post op, good luck and all the best for a speedy recovery xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

All the best for a speedy recovery to you, too!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! We just have to remember why we are doing this, and I will keep focusing on that today despite my nerves. Sending all my best wishes to each and everyone one of you!

Sleeve Gastrectomy

19 minutes ago, newlifeat40 said:

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! We just have to remember why we are doing this, and I will keep focusing on that today despite my nerves. Sending all my best wishes to each and everyone one of you!

Sleeve Gastrectomy

I was scheduledMay 30, 2017 & backed out at the last second. Had the iv in & was ready to get wheeled to the OR. Now I regret not going through with it & I'm rescheduled for January 18. Don't let being nervous get the best of you. I made it clear I want the Adavan as soon as possible when I arrive at the hospital to curve my anxiety & calm my nerves. Good luck!