Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

This Friday- Jan 12th!! finally yay!

All the Jan 11 sleevers our day is finally approaching! I'm sure were all anxious, nervous, excited and hungry! No food all day makes the day go by so slow!

I’m being sleeved on the 15th as well!

I’m being sleeved the 15th as well!! Good luck

Anyone else scheduled for January 2018? I have my surgery scheduled for January 11. I'm having to wait until next year because I had a stent put in back in December 2016. The anesthesiologist won't sign off until I have had the stent for at least a year and am able to come off of Plavix for the surgery.

I am scheduled for January 15, 2018! I’m excited to get this done. Just finished day 6 of pre-op diet. Just a few more to go.

I've been on a modified liquid diet for the last 6mos., which consists of 3-4 Premier Protein shakes, and one lean and green solid meal, no carbs beyond what's in the shakes/clean food. My total calorie intake is not supposed to exceed 950-1000/day. I am so sick of it. I think my body might be too, and that's why it's kind of stuck? I'm only down 2lbs from my last appointment on 12/21/17, and I had lost 26lbs from my November appointment to the December one. I'm really, REALLY worried that the surgeon is gonna change her mind if I don't have more weight loss by my appointment. :-(

Get some movement and activities going. You can do this, Mo! Don't let this issue stop your shine! By the way, you are a beautiful Lady. [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1097 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi guys, how are all of the Jan 8th sleevers doing? I had surgery Jan 8th and I am not going to lie, it was rough. I was so extremely nauseated. They gave me so many anti nausea meds and I even talked to the anesthesiologist ahead of time so he would do things to lessen the nausea. It didnt help. I threw up and wretch all of the first 2post OP days. I asked the doctor to bump up the iv fluids as I didnt want to get dehydrated or contribute to kidney stones. I have a history of stones. I ended up stayimg an extra night. Just got home today and have some nausea. Pain wasnt bad. I only used pain meds the first 2 days and then I really didnt need them. I made sure that all bodily systems were working before I left hopsital as I didnt want to be back in the ER. I am posting this to be honest and I do not want to scare anyone. All Jan 8th sleevers, please post how you are doing. Or feel free to email me at seekinbigbadwolf@aol.com.

36 minutes ago, Honeyswt said:

Hi guys, how are all of the Jan 8th sleevers doing? I had surgery Jan 8th and I am not going to lie, it was rough. I was so extremely nauseated. They gave me so many anti nausea meds and I even talked to the anesthesiologist ahead of time so he would do things to lessen the nausea. It didnt help. I threw up and wretch all of the first 2post OP days. I asked the doctor to bump up the iv fluids as I didnt want to get dehydrated or contribute to kidney stones. I have a history of stones. I ended up stayimg an extra night. Just got home today and have some nausea. Pain wasnt bad. I only used pain meds the first 2 days and then I really didnt need them. I made sure that all bodily systems were working before I left hopsital as I didnt want to be back in the ER. I am posting this to be honest and I do not want to scare anyone. All Jan 8th sleevers, please post how you are doing. Or feel free to email me at seekinbigbadwolf@aol.com.

Glad to hear your at home & on the mend. I would love to hear how you feel in a couple of days.

Mine was Jan. 11, thank God it has passed. First day was rough. Good luck and prayers to everyone who is today. Its not easy but it is worth it!

Getting closer 16th couldn't come soon enough. Ready to start this year off and the rest of my life 100lbs lighter.

Yes! I'm with you. I also have my vsg on 16th. Can't wait. Suitcase is packed, everything is ready. Now just the waiting. And then a new life begins! Total reset. What a fantastic opportunity! Looking forward to hear how you do, and your progress after! Christine x

I was discharged on Tuesday afternoon somewhat at my request since I was honestly sick of an IV in my hand for two days and it was starting to get in my head a bit. Pain was pretty tolerable to be honest and even my big incision has never really hurt just uncomfortable when I roll over it getting in or out of bed, but waking up in the middle of the night restless is still happening too. Biggest issue I had was gas and bloating and sore muscles resulting from both. I took tons of gasx strips in the hospital and when I got home to very little avail so I called the doc who said I needed to learn how to drink and was getting too much air in my stomach. So I’ve been trying different drinking methods, I haven’t found a good one yet, but also started taking the rx laxatives and have been taking 3/4 hot showers a day, which helped me be able to start releasing the gas and just feel better. Yesterday I woke up feeling felt so much better I decided to go drive and run two errands both close to home and try to get some more exercise and ended up with 5,000 steps which was great. Also started Protein Shakes yesterday which was awesome because I was really struggling with clears to get enough Protein or liquids. Looking forward to having a bit more energy each day and wish you guys all the best. If anyone has heard tips on how to drink without getting excess air in (other than small sips and no straw) please let me know.

6 hours ago, Honeyswt said:

I woke up today feeling much better! The first few days were tough for me, not going to lie. I haven't had taken any pain meds since I got home on wednesday. Right now my only struggle is left shoulder pain and some ocassional stomach cramping, both of which I assume are gas. I have yet to have a BM which I'm sure is not helping things. Lol. Did some stuff around the house yesterday and it felt good to move around. Are others experiencing similar pains??

Got my RNY Jan 8th and went home on the 10th. I too was SUPER nauseous (on day 2) and my mouth was sooooooo dry!!! I was having serious regret due to these 2 issues as well as being in pain. Once they took me of IV pain meds and on to oral pain meds I started to feel MUCH better. I can’t believe you haven’t needed any pain meds after the first two days?!? I have always considered myself someone who has a high pain tolerance and my body tells me when it’s time for my next dose, I don’t even have to look at a clock. I definitely still take my pain meds

**I’m losing it**