Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready to complete the journey

9 hours ago, Joann454 said:

That's healing up so well! What a difference! How're you feeling?

I feel pretty good. Still slow going but each day I am able to do more.

On 8/2/2017 at 8:44 AM, jkppt said:

Thanks for the encouragement! I will try to post more pictures today.

Regarding advice, I had a failure with the lap band and was very discouraged. I was getting sick on the foods you need to eat to lose weight like dense Protein. After three years of misery, I asked to have it removed. I was heavier than I was before I had the band. I also had a cap on my insurance for any bariatric procedure and if the surgeon did not feel it would be safe to convert from band to bypass, I was not going to be able to afford to self pay for a long time. It turned out she was able to convert after removal.

I was not like a lot of folks that lost a great deal right away. My loss was gradual and I was committed to following the dietary guidelines. I did not drink anything with carbonation, ate my Protein first in a meal, strived for sixty to eighty grams of protein and kept drinking throughout the day. I walk for exercise. A lot. Ended up with a rescue dog who needed a lot of activity or he could get destructive. So we went on two to three mile walks at least daily. I think he rescued me not the other way around.

There is no one way that works for everyone. The bypass is a tool and if used properly will help with the weight loss but it is only a tool. Don't let the frustration get in the way of your goals. This site has been a great support system for me and a way to encourage when I hit a bump. And there will be bumps.

Great Advise and your look great!!I am having my band removed on the 16th then gastric sleeve in November. I'm pretty excited to use this new tool . I just had a spinal fusion surgery and I was glad to hear that you used walking as your exercise to get to your goal weight because thats about all I can do. Anyway again congrats!

9 hours ago, Geri Marie said:

Great Advise and your look great!!I am having my band removed on the 16th then gastric sleeve in November. I'm pretty excited to use this new tool . I just had a spinal fusion surgery and I was glad to hear that you used walking as your exercise to get to your goal weight because thats about all I can do. Anyway again congrats!

Thanks so much! I have a lot of arthritis and walking is the best exercise for me. Back and knees protest when I try something new. That being said, if I knew how to swim, I would as that is the absolute best exercise for your whole body.

Thanks so much! I have a lot of arthritis and walking is the best exercise for me. Back and knees protest when I try something new. That being said, if I knew how to swim, I would as that is the absolute best exercise for your whole body.

Yes! That's what my Dr said too. We don't have a pool but are looking into getting one. Good luck on your journey!

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Just a brief update.
Went to surgeon today.
He was pleased with healing around pelvis. Said the separation of the one suture line was nothing to worry about.
I had areas at the inside of knees that were very swollen and hard to touch. He said they were seromas and needed to be drained. He the proceeded to take a ginormous needle and aspirated both. Not what I was expecting. He said to keep compression going and hopefully he won't have to drain again. Well I was due for a bump in the road. 😬

IMG_4387.jpg IMG_4388.jpg IMG_4389.jpg IMG_4390.jpg IMG_4391.jpg IMG_4390.jpg IMG_4399.jpg IMG_4400.jpg IMG_4401.JPG

Updated pictures post op day 28.

Edited by jkppt

Holy guacamole! What an amazing transformation!!! So on a scale of 1-11 (cuz you know, our amps go up to 11), with 11 being the worst, how bad was your post-surgical pain for all this? TIA!

Your shape is absolutely beautiful like a movie star. I bet you will be stunned each time you pass your reflection! It's pretty major, sounds like far more serious than the surgeries to start our journeys. I am all thigh so I hopefully one day will be able to do this. Just starting my journey. As hard as this is, for you, in a year it will be a year ago, and the next year two years ago, but you will still have this amazing body. I didn't realize how amazing the results could be. You're the best I've ever seen. Keep on recovering well!

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Holy guacamole! What an amazing transformation!!! So on a scale of 1-11 (cuz you know, our amps go up to 11), with 11 being the worst, how bad was your post-surgical pain for all this? TIA!

First two days I had severe pain 7-9. I was also very afraid of taking the IV pain meds which looking back on it was not a wise choice. I was more uncomfortable due to this and would choose the meds if I had a do over. When I got home I used oxy at night and for first post op visit as he said he might be pulling the rest of the drains. I would rate 5 at worst. I used one extra strength Tylenol intermittently otherwise. I was able to totally stop everything Day 6. Pain came and went but was not constant. It was more a sharp stab that resolved quickly or a tightness or pulling which was okay. Honestly my hysterectomy was much more painful for a lot longer time.

43 minutes ago, GotProlactinoma said:

Your shape is absolutely beautiful like a movie star. I bet you will be stunned each time you pass your reflection! It's pretty major, sounds like far more serious than the surgeries to start our journeys. I am all thigh so I hopefully one day will be able to do this. Just starting my journey. As hard as this is, for you, in a year it will be a year ago, and the next year two years ago, but you will still have this amazing body. I didn't realize how amazing the results could be. You're the best I've ever seen. Keep on recovering well!

Thank you so much! I have been getting such wonderful emotional support from this website and all the great folks like you!

WOW!!! You look amazing!!

On 8/12/2017 at 3:00 PM, Lovergurl said:

WOW!!! You look amazing!!

Thank you!

Love it!! Wish I can look half
As good as that!!

Aka_ET

HW-220
Pre-op 194.3
RNY
SD June 16th 2017
CW-172