Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From the discussions I had with my nutritionist you just need some decent, run of the mill A to Z chewable one a day Vitamins (which I'll take two a day).

I would be very sceptical about some of these 'bariatric' products. There's nothing special about them, from looking at ingredients they are often everyday items rebadged. They charge more because they know we're worried and need reassurance... so they can get away with it.

I got a great deal on Centrum on Amazon here (in the U.K.) but my nutritionist also recommended some supermarket own label.

My date is July 6th too. I bought some soft chews on Amazon yesterday (bariatric fusion). I hate the taste of chewable flintstones. Hopefully I'll be ok with the soft chews. I did not buy the others yet since i have 2 weeks before I can start other Vitamins. I'm waiting to see what my tastebuds like after surgery.

You need the multi Vitamin with Iron 3x a day and then the calcium citrate 3x a day, but two hours after the multi. This is because the iron and Calcium will not work well together. Are Flinstones full of sugar and do they have the levels of the Vitamins and minerals we need?

According to the nutritional/RDA panel the Flintstone Vitamins are pretty good, one tablet gives you your recommended daily allowance of most essential vitamins (I'm assuming that the US RDA/NRV is comparable to the European Union recommendations). In respect of Calcium supplementation multivitamins tend to carry low amounts, however if you have a dairy component in your diet that will be well covered.

My nutritionist pointed out that Vitamin D deficiency, which will affect your ability to process calcium, is a problem for some bariatric patients. However the reason isn't necessarily nutritional, rather that obese people quite often have a a tendency to cover up and avoid the sun (which is your best source for the generation of Vitamin D).

You need the multi Vitamin with Iron 3x a day and then the calcium citrate 3x a day, but two hours after the multi. This is because the iron and Calcium will not work well together. Are Flinstones full of sugar and do they have the levels of the Vitamins and minerals we need?

The surgeon's nurse told me that they're just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using BariatricPal mobile app

I've got a short week to get the Vitamins necessary for post-op. Can anyone tell me where they're the cheapest? Online or in store both work. [emoji4] Thanks in advance.
BTW I'm so nervous already!

UPDATE
I've ordered "Barimelts" from jet.com. Decent price, free shipping, AND they're bundled in a 90 day pack! Even has Biotin included. I'm anxious to taste them. Regardless I'm stuck with em.

I like Amazon, :) I am having my surgery on the 10th! I am super nervous too!