Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating schedule?

We know blizair adheres to a pretty tight eating schedule. How does everyone else do it? Do you have set meal and snack times? Do you just eat when hungry? I feel willynilly and I hate it. We've been doing home improvements and I'm retired so I have no schedule.

I go hours without eating when I get busy. It was easier the first three weeks when I wasn't doing much.

So what's everyone's eating plan like?

I am never hungry in the morning and at first I was forcing myself to eat. What I do now is just eat lunch earlier. My schedule looks like this

breakfast- 6:30-7:30 on my commute to work. coffee.

Lunch-11:00-11:30- usually leftovers always Protein.

Snack-3:30-4-30 on my commute home a Protein Shake or cheese stick ect

Dinner- 6:30-7:30 always protein and veggies

Snack- only if I am hungry always protein.

This is just a general schedule. Life happens and we need to adjust. I don't feel very hungry on some days and I have to remember to eat, other days I do feel hunger. It definitely takes some getting used to.

I started out with alarms on my phone. Then I quit my job and moved across the country. I find that waiting to drink for 30 min and getting all of the fluids in, helps me space my eating to every 2-3 hours. If I go longer than 3 , I feel like I'm starving.

I get that "I have to eat NOW" feeling at times. I just wish I'd get it more so I would remember. My phone is nothing but alarms! Mostly for Vitamins and medication. I should eat anytime one goes off. Hey! I think I just solved my problem. (Sometimes I make things harder than they need to be) [emoji23]

I have to eat with my Vitamins otherwise I get nauseous. Eating every 3 hours has turned out to be very helpful for me. If I do feel hunger, I know my next meal is very soon.

Here's what I started eating yesterday:

8am Breakfast: egg whites and 2 ultrathin slices of cheese

11am snack 1 - yogurt

2pm Lunch: 4oz LF cottage cheese, 2oz apple sauce

5pm - Dinner: 3oz chicken. I made a small amount of potatoes but I couldn't eat them

8pm - Snack 2 - 4oz Halo top ice cream

Edited by MSinger

I am four days out from surgery full liquids...my NUT has me eating every two hours...breakfast 1/4 cup (2oz)...then 4oz high Protein shake....2oz lunch....4oz high protein shake...2pm snack....4pm snack high protein shake...6pm..dinner 1/4 cup ( usually greek lite less 6 grams sugar yogurt) then 8pm another 4 oz high protein shake...sips of Water 30 mins before and after meals...so far don't feel hungry...in fact yestetday only did 3 shakes instead of four...goal is 50 to 60 gms of protein...400 to 500 calories..yesyerday I had 46 gms protein 333 calories....good luck hope this helps
Sent from my LG-LS997 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sent from my LG-LS997 using BariatricPal mobile app