Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hello everyone: I would like to express my sympathies to Phyllser on the death of your Aunt. What a Blessing to have lived as long as she and your mom have. I am a hospice nurse, so I have the honor to help people go home to be with the Lord frequently. Death is not something to be feared but embraced especially if you know the Lord. I agree, God has a special plan for each of us and he is indeed in control. Phyllser, you and your family are in my prayers.

I am being banded on April 11th! I can't wait.

Blessings to each of you,

Susan

That's great and congratulations!!!!!!! Livn4Jesus.

Let us know how everything goes and please post April 10th to remind me.:puke:

Hi 2bemeagain,

I'm still here, checking in every once in awhile. How are you doing? I'm hanging in there, waiting for my surgery date to be scheduled. I think it will be between May 8 -22, depending on all various factors. It's hard to wait, but I've found out that my surgeon doesn't require the 2 week liquid diet prior to surgery. I'm pretty happy about that!

Have a great weekend!

Diamond:biggrin2:

Thanks to all of you for all that you shared. Still a little weepy occasionally, but kept in close contact with my sisters and my Mom all week, so that was somewhat of a comfort. Wake and funeral were attended by upwards of 300 people! Quite a testimony to who my Aunt Genny was!! I know she is at peace and free of all the pain and suffereing and safe in the Father's arms.

Good morning Diamond and Phyllser,

Happy to hear that everything is going good for you.

Diamond, glad to hear that it's almost here. I know that you are excited. I lurk around here to check on everyone. The site does seem to slimming down a lot. Guess everyone is busy.

Phyllser, glad to here that you were able to keep close touch w/the family. Yes, aunt Genny was a legend. Isn't this crazy, (or morbid, LOL) I often wonder who will be at my funeral. I ask some if they would come, most respond, "please don't ask me that, I don't ever want to think that you'd die", guess that's a yes. LOL

Be blessed everyone.

Hey Wombat and candy, where are you??????? I miss ya!!!!!:tongue:

I'm still here too. I check in every day.

Talkinjack, how are you since your banding?

Livn4jesus and Diamond2008, will be praying for you both this week and weeks to come.

I had my pre-op class on 4/1, and really no April fool's there!! I'm scheduled for May 13th, but also on waiting list. I went ahead with hubby's support and started my pre-op Protein Shake diet. Thank the Lord I get one "sensible" meal a day (sounds familiar, huh?-smile)

Actually, the Lord's allowing me to tolerate it better than I thought. When I get the urge to cheat, I remember that it's the devil using my strongest weak point (food) to discourage me. Again...PTL!!! He allows me to defeat the devil and have victory.

Hello everyone. It's been a while but I just wanted to check in and say hi. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Everything's been going real well, with God's help, of course!! I actually feel good about myself for the first time in a long time. I didn't even realize that I felt poorly so much until now. It's just so nice to shop in a regular section, and to have the energy to start running, and doing "normal" everyday things!! So much to rejoice in. Thank you God!! Weezer, are you there?

Cindy

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I last posted. I think of you and pray everyday for each one's success not just with the band but also that you will abide in Christ leaning and depending on him. I have gotten so busy with wife/mother/grandmother/deaconness/women's ministry to the point where I will get on this site but as soon as I touch the keyboard, I get so so sleepy. I'm feeling pretty good. I went to the Dr. yesterday and he was thrilled I'd lost 61 lbs and of that 21 lost since Christmas. PTL for it is though him that I can say I am succeeding finally with a "lifestyle" change. At least, that's what I am calling it. God is so good and merciful to us all. I'll continue to pray for everyone and please continue to do the same for me. God bless.

I totally had peace form the Lord on being banded, I just bound up the thing that so easily beset me:) To gain total victory, and for sure it takes the Trust and Faith and obiedence even when you are banded:)

hi everyone...my first post on this thread...how cool to have a christian thread!

right now its sunday morning at 11:15 and i have such a headache...i miss my church family :regular_smile: had to stay home with sick 3 year old.

i do have a prayer request i would appreciate your support with...my 23 year old cousin, andrew, was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma last april...went through chemo and radiation and came out clear at the beginning of the winter. meanwhile, his now live in gf gave birth to a little girl at the beginning of january. he is now a daddy and yesterday we heard that the cancer is back with a vengeance (2 new tumors, one in neck and one in groin...and painful).

im praying that god would have mercy and use this somehow for his glory. he (outwardly) has no interest in god but i cant help but believe that at a time like this he must be thinking about the bigger picture.

anyway, i dont have the closest relationships with this side of my family (there is only one other christian in my whole extended family), there has been some animosity between my mother and his mother. i really do love him though.

im praying for the courage to reach out to him without regard to what his parents or my parents might say...i cannot imagine having his experience without God...though he is never far from any of us.

sorry for the long post...his name is andrew, his gf is kerry, and their beautiful dgt is olivia rose...please keep him in your prayers today :biggrin:

gina

Hey Everyone, and 2bemeagain, I am still here! Have been slightly down since the last dr. visit. Insurance had covered my fills for the first three months, but the next visit, they wanted me to pay cash and I was not expecting it. I've been so happy with my dr. but I felt a little let down that they didn't prepare me for after the first three months. They did submit it and insurance did approve. But, I've been kind of keeping to myself since then. It was a bit of a letdown. I wasn't sure that insurance would approve, and I didn't know what I would do. It really makes me sympathize with all of you who are self pay. I praise God that He provided a way through my insurance.

And, Gina,I will be praying for your cousin Andrew and his family. I know this has to be tough on him. Such a happy time with the birth of a baby girl, and yet such a troubled time to be dealing with the lymphoma.

But, we do not get to choose our path, we can only trust God to bring us through what He's brought us to.

Take care everyone.

stepoffaith, where are you????????????????????

:smile:hello sisters and brothers in Christ!

i just wanted to leave a message to say Prays the Lord for you guys! i really dont know if this message will be answered or even if i am posting it correct...anyway my sur date is the 1st of May! i am so excited and i have been praying if i was doing the right thing. I feel so much better after connecting with this Christiam thread, God is good and i know that he has my back and yall will lift me up in prayer!

Monica from Baltimore:thumbup:

your sista in Christ!!!

remember me on May 1st 930am

May the GOOD LORD continue to blesss and keep each and every one of you!