Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2017 Sleevers?

I'm a couple of months shy of 58 myself. I'm scheduled for August 24th. Just started my official 2 week pre op diet today. I'm excited and for some reason not nervous. Ready to continue the journey toward a healthier way of life. Pray everyone's surgery is uneventful and have a speedy recovery.

Hi,
just got sleeved on the 2nd. So far so good. Been getting liquids in per schedule 1oz every 15 minutes. I'm alternating Premier Protein shakes with Protein2O Water. It's really good, found out about it on these forums. The coconut pineapple flavor really is yummy. Been walking as much as possible to work the gas out. Felt like the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka yesterday. Felt a tad nauseous today, took antinausea pills and am better now. Walked 2000 steps yesterday, thinking about 2500 today. Have been napping off and on last couple of days. Happy it's done! Looking forward to what's next. Sending happy thoughts to all recent sleevers and lots of encouragement to those waiting. It's going to be an interesting ride!

Thank you for your positive words and for telling me about the Protein20 coconut pineapple water!!! That is my favorite flavor, so I know I'm going to enjoy that. Where did you find it/buy it? I'm going to look at Walmart tomorrow---that's what came up when I Googled it. Amazon did too.

My surgery is on the 17th and so I am trying to get everything ready.

Sent from my SM-N910V using BariatricPal mobile app

Im 62 & my surgery is Aug. 16th. Nice to read your experience SandraD. Where did u by that protein20 Water?
I have never heard of it! Im looking for more clear proteins!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

So, I had a conversation with my surgeon's office because I was worried that given the time frame, they wouldn't have the time after I do my dietary consult today (yeah, it's just after midnight where I live so now, it's today) to get my surgery approved by insurance in enough time to keep my date on the calendar. Basically, my insurance typically approves within 3-4 days of submission of the claim, meaning my surgeon's office should have plenty of time to get the approval.

Thank you for your positive words and for telling me about the Protein20 coconut pineapple water!!! That is my favorite flavor, so I know I'm going to enjoy that. Where did you find it/buy it? I'm going to look at Walmart tomorrow---that's what came up when I Googled it. Amazon did too.

I ordered it from Amazon, but a lot of people here found it at Walmart. Good luck! Get some sugar free Jello and pudding to mix with unflavored Protein Powder too. When you are on full liquids, you will want some variety. I like the Unjury Protein powder and they make a chicken Soup flavor that is really good too.

I ordered it from Amazon, but a lot of people here found it at Walmart. Good luck! Get some sugar free Jello and pudding to mix with unflavored Protein powder too. When you are on full liquids, you will want some variety. I like the Unjury protein powder and they make a chicken Soup flavor that is really good too.

Great news! Thanks! I'm going to check out my local WalMart this morning, and if that fails use Amazon.

Thanks for the info about the Unjury protein powder and their chicken soup. I know Celebrate Vitamins makes both protein supplemented chicken and Tomato Soups as well as regular protein powder. Want to try them.

My nerves got the best of me yesterday, and I almost postponed my surgery to September, but I've decided August is my month! August 17th here I come!!!

So yesterday was the big day. I've officially joined the losers bench.

I had some nausea when I woke up, but they gave me a patch and oxygen and that helped a lot. I lived on ice chips yesterday because I was really scared to drink Water, but I did start drinking towards the evening. I ways really hurting yesterday but I feel a lot better today. i am still taking my pain medicine to help my body heal. Walking hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. The gas pressure was pretty bad yesterday but feels much better today. Walking and burping seems to work best for me.Thankfully my doctor is allowing full liquids today. I'm happy to be adding in Protein to food and drink. I still haven't found my full meter so I'm eating small bites with a decent amount of time in between. I am worried that I think I'm hungry because it feels like my tummy is growling. I'm really hoping that it is just gas. Guess that is it for now. I hope all of surgery twins are feeling good today.

9 minutes ago, gotime0810 said:

So yesterday was the big day. I've officially joined the losers bench.

I had some nausea when I woke up, but they gave me a patch and oxygen and that helped a lot. I lived on ice chips yesterday because I was really scared to drink Water, but I did start drinking towards the evening. I ways really hurting yesterday but I feel a lot better today. i am still taking my pain medicine to help my body heal. Walking hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. The gas pressure was pretty bad yesterday but feels much better today. Walking and burping seems to work best for me.Thankfully my doctor is allowing full liquids today. I'm happy to be adding in Protein to food and drink. I still haven't found my full meter so I'm eating small bites with a decent amount of time in between. I am worried that I think I'm hungry because it feels like my tummy is growling. I'm really hoping that it is just gas. Guess that is it for now. I hope all of surgery twins are feeling good today.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!....that's so exciting and happy for you that everything went well. How long did it take you to start walking?

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!....that's so exciting and happy for you that everything went well. How long did it take you to start walking?

Thank You.
Around 2 they moved me to a chair and I sat there for a couple hours. I started walking around 4, so about 5 hours after surgery.

1 minute ago, gotime0810 said:

Thank You.
Around 2 they moved me to a chair and I sat there for a couple hours. I started walking around 4, so about 5 hours after surgery.

Cool...I just wanted to have a general idea that within hours I will need to be up and going- God willing everything goes well. Thanks for the quick reply and good luck today- hope the gas pains go away and you start feeling better

Cool...I just wanted to have a general idea that within hours I will need to be up and going- God willing everything goes well. Thanks for the quick reply and good luck today- hope the gas pains go away and you start feeling better

I probably could have walked earlier but I waited for some of the stronger pain meds to wear down.
So far everything is going well. Thank you [emoji4]

I don't think Walmart has it...the local grocery store does though...I'm 2 days post op feeling good driving already going back to work Monday...it's just hard getting the fluids in....I'm sipping along but then I get this pain...it's a cross between a hunger/gas pain that bridges my upper stomach...they want 60oz of fluids and I'm only on about 12oz....popsicles help a lot