Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no and I don't really count them....

What kind of carbs are you thinking about reintroducing? I would stay away from rice, bread, Pasta, potatoes... simple carbs. They are empty calories and can cause cravings for more. Complex carbs found in veggies and legumes are much better for you. There is a big thread on carbs in the General weight lost section you should check out.

2 hours ago, crawford8903 said:

I have a question I'm about to start reintroducing carbs next week. Did any of you start gaining when that happened?

You may gain weight. However, it probably won't be fat that you gain. Rather, you'll likely gain Water weight by reintroducing carbs without engaging in moderate intensity exercise on a routine basis.

Starchy carbs (e.g. corn, potatoes, rice, breads, yams, etc.) may cause bloating in susceptible people due to several mechanisms. High-carb food causes the body to store three times as much water compared to Protein. This increased water storage is in the form of muscle glycogen stores.

To summarize, you may see a bump upward on the scale from water weight gain if you resume eating carbs. However, this can be minimized by working out. For instance, I eat as many carbs as I want, but I keep my activity levels high because I dislike restricting macros from my food intake.

Edited by Introversion

No, I only eat complex carbs though.

You will probably experience some Water weight gain, reversing that "extra" loss one gets from being on a low carb diet. Being on a low carb diet usually means that your glycogen (short term energy reserves of stored carbohydrate) is minimized, along with the water that would normally keep it in solution. When you resume a more normal diet, your body will start building its glycogen reserves back toward normal, which involves storing a little more water. This is one of the reasons we are often advised to overshoot our goal weight as there will be some bounce back as things stabilize. This is also why people who sometimes go off plan over a weekend and consume more carbohydrates than usual will gain a quick couple of pounds and then lose them again within the week when they go back to their usual low carb diet. Many get the impression that it is the carbohydrates that cause weight gain, but actually it is the low carb diet that they have been on - if you aren't on a low carb diet, carbs don't cause any weight gain (beyond whatever excess calories one may be consuming.)

If I eat carbs in veggies and fruits, I still continue to lose weight. If I eat bread, Pasta, sugar, etc. my weight loss stalls and then starts creeping up.

10 minutes ago, Daenerys Targaryen said:

If I eat carbs in veggies and fruits, I still continue to lose weight. If I eat bread, Pasta, sugar, etc. my weight loss stalls and then starts creeping up.

Pretty much. Even some complex carbs (potatoes, breads, rice, etc., something someone mistakenly called simple carbs earlier) have a negative effect on certain people. Me, I just avoid them in near entirety.

1 minute ago, crawford8903 said:

What about whole wheat pastas and brown rice in very small quantities of course?

If you aren't carb-sensitive, you may experience some bloating from Water retention and increased glycogenation when you reintroduce carbs, even if it's whole wheat Pasta and brown rice.

If you are carb-sensitive, your weight loss might stall long and hard.

Keep carb under 30 and weight flies off. That's the point right? I'm 3.5 months out. Lost 75#. Kept carbs under 30 every day. Protein 75+, fat under 30. Not too much exercise yet. But trying to increase.

1 minute ago, SleevedinSI said:

Keep carb under 30 and weight flies off. That's the point right? I'm 3.5 months out. Lost 75#. Kept carbs under 30 every day. Protein 75+, fat under 30. Not too much exercise yet. But trying to increase.

But everybody is different. Others have lost having 100g of complex carbs a day....depends on A LOT of factors. Glad it works for you.