Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If it's God's will...

On 5/30/2017 at 6:06 PM, PatientEleventyBillion said:

rely on yourself

no more bashing of my friend @PatientEleventyBillion please

many different comments were made. that's fine

we are all entitled to our opinions, and voicing

them is another part of freedom

but let's all be nice

Peace

wanted to say all the above - but let's return to our

regularly scheduled program;)

group hugggggg!

kathy

5 minutes ago, proudgrammy said:

no more bashing of my friend @PatientEleventyBillion

many different comments were made. that's fine

we are all entitled to our opinions, and voicing

them is another part of freedom

but let's all be nice

group hugggggg!

kathy

Thank you, I've actually got quite a few PM's from a number of posters (pretty much all religious people) who wanted to voice their support for my original post without being flamed. Not worried at all, I think those who aren't overly sensitive (or trying to make a scene as if that makes them more religiously devout) understood the message of personal empowerment and responsibility (not religion bashing) just fine. :)

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

On 6/16/2017 at 7:49 PM, kowgurl1988 said:

Husband got a job and I should be able to pay off my surgery in time

Yay!!!!

@PatientEleventyBillion You post on here as if people care about your opinion. You are irrelevant on a thread like this.

Yes, we are to do our do diligence, but we also rely on God for wisdom, discernment and for His hand to provide. If you don't agree, move on.

Now go outside and find a hug cause it sounds like you need one kid.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:07 AM, Mersh said:

@PatientEleventyBillion You post on here as if people care about your opinion. You are irrelevant on a thread like this.

Yes, we are to do our do diligence, but we also rely on God for wisdom, discernment and for His hand to provide. If you don't agree, move on.

Now go outside and find a hug cause it sounds like you need one kid.

I had forgotten about this forum, I came back to laugh at this.

- Posts an opinion

- Some people get upset (it happens)

- Guy is so incensed he bumps thread angrily giving opinion on how irrelevant my post is (lol?)

- I'll chalk that up to simply being dumb. One fish in a sea of them.

Best of luck overcoming those issues man. :lol: (my nice way of saying pound sand)

(For others here, I hope however you find your guidance helps you no matter your beliefs, glad to see so many success stories)

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

People's beliefs are personal. Airing them publicly is weird.

Talking about God randomly on a public board is just as odd/offensive/bizarre as talking about disbelief in God randomly.

It's not polite conversation for public consumption, and it assumes all people share your belief system and that's why there are reactions. It's like pissing on a public tree. It's not courteous.

As odd as this might seem to the religious....irreligious people hold their beliefs just as dearly...and vice versa.

Your belief system may be the most amazing belief system ever....TO YOU.

You might think it's the best one there is. You might want to show it to everyone.

But belief systems are like your private parts....no one wants to open the internet and see that crap. That goes for everyone. Be polite. Avoid these topics in public places.

If you bring one up? Don't be surprised when someone pisses over your piss. NO ONE should piss to begin with.

The right thing to do in a group of strangers is to be respectful of everyone's beliefs and not go there to begin with. Save religious comments for religious friends. Save atheist comments for atheist friends. Belief systems are private, not public.

(my two cents...lol)

Edited by Creekimp13

For those who enjoy religion publicly...let me illustrate why it's a bad idea:

Post Topic: My Dark Lord Satan, I implore you to get my Gastric Sleeve Approved...All hail thee, and praise Your UnHoly name!

Post Body:

Satan, Lord of my life, controller of all I do...in his supreme and just will....has provided approval for my gastric sleeve today after I vowed to do his bidding in exchange though blood pact and ritualistic sacrifice. Blue Cross Blue Shield has been defeated in testament to his shadowy glory!

All hail the dark master. Satan is SO good!

See what I mean?

Satanists should save Satanic comments for their Satanist friends:) not put them out there publicly. The same applies to Christians and other belief systems. Pick the right audience for that stuff....the general population is NOT the right audience.

Edited by Creekimp13

Hmm@creekimp13, I'm not a Satanist, I was raised Christian although I'm not as vehement about it as I once was. I believe everyone deserves to be loved, who am I to specify man or woman? At any rate couldn't a Gastric,Sleeve be considered a ritualistic,sacrifice? You,enter the,operating theatre with a 1.5 liter stomach and you exit with a 200ml banana shaped sore stapled remnant, sounds sacrificial,to me. And we Rnyers are not too much better off, we get our intestines juggled around and also end up with a pouch the size of a turkey egg. Ah the things we go thru for health and beauty, although at 72 beauty may not be an option for me. Have a peaceful night and text,me on the flip side.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Well...THIS escalated quickly! Given my screen name, I will graciously bow out of the religious rabbit trail this post took, and simply ask - are you headed for surgery still on Valentine's Day?

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Public or not, RESPECT should be rendered whether or not you agree or disagree with someone's beliefs, or just don't post at all and keep it to yourselves.

Well, it was gonna be 15th &not Valentine's Day. Dr Miller my surgeon now has decided he wants an Upper GI series run on top of the usual EGD, the kind with barium or other contrast medium. He's gonna allow me to,get it at the local band-station, Knox Community Hospital, instead of having to go to Columbus & Mount Carmel.Hopefully they can do it without screwing it up to FUBU level. Mind got,this is the same,place that asked,my cousin who had gallbladder pain if she'd like a PAP TEST. If familiarity breeds contempt please believe I have more stories I could share. We have 4 inches of fresh snow outside & I'd just prefer not to drive 50 miles thru it. I may be a chicken but I'm not a dumb turkey! Suspect,he wants to pinpoint the location,of the baby gastric ulcer i,have,prior to surgery. So I'm not canceled just in a state of postponment. Soon and very soon I'll still get my surgery, at the latest St Patrick's Day but maybe yet this month. My life has turned into,a cheap unbelievable soap opera. You've heard of the Young and Restless, now meet the Fat and Frustrated. I joked- give me a bowie knife, some fishing line and a little package of steri strips and I'll do myself.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

5 minutes ago, kakatlady612 said:

Well, it was gonna be 15th &not Valentine's Day. Dr Miller my surgeon now has decided he wants an Upper GI series run on top of the usual EGD, the kind with barium or other contrast medium.

Hi there, my surgeon required upper GI for all of his patients, too. Sorry that this is going to delay you.:(