Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months post op hungry

3 months post op losing weight but stomach hungry all the time why?

If I have a Premier Protein drink it goes away but every few hours I'm hungry.

I'm eating Oikos triple zero yogurt, Premier Protein Drinks, chicken or fish 4 ounces. No bread no Pasta sticking with the program down about 70 lbs since Feb 15 but always hungry. I stopped taking Prilosec last month and have no issues with gerd. Thanks for any input.

John

Are you always hungry or hungry every few hours? You really do need to eat every few hours a small meal. I get hungry every few hours too. My daily calorie goal at this point is 1200. What is your daily calorie goal?

You could try going back on the antacid and see if it makes a difference. Otherwise, make sure you are getting 3 meals and a snack, solid food will be more satisfying than the shakes.

Are you always hungry or hungry every few hours? You really do need to eat every few hours a small meal. I get hungry every few hours too. My daily calorie goal at this point is 1200. What is your daily calorie goal?

Thanks for the reply I get hungry every few hours and I probably been eating only 600 calories per day I stopped counting. Maybe I'm not eating enough

You really need to track to make sure you are getting enough calories and Protein. I know it can be a pain but it's really vital.

I'd keep taking the prilosec, Don't be like me, lol. There is no harm in taking it for 6 to 9 months and a lot to not taking it.

Just because you don't feel GERD issues doesn't mean you aren't producing excess acid.

If you can eat food at other meals, eat food at all meals. Give up the Protein Shakes, and yogurt is just a slider. Eat ral potein as much as possible.

I'd keep taking the prilosec, Don't be like me, lol. There is no harm in taking it for 6 to 9 months and a lot to not taking it.
Just because you don't feel GERD issues doesn't mean you aren't producing excess acid.
If you can eat food at other meals, eat food at all meals. Give up the Protein Shakes, and yogurt is just a slider. Eat ral potein as much as possible.

GREAT ADVICE THANKS

I do cottage cheese for Breakfast. A snack atound ten, lunch about one, dinner around five and only what I have to have to not feel hungry b4 bed. I always have veggie Soup or soup with chicken in the fridge. Low cal and filling.

I was having that issue so I am giving up the Protein Shakes. Keeping them for convience or travel when I dont have chicken breast or cottage cheese handy.

HW 420
SW 347
CW 325
Sleeved April 10, 2017

My day:

1. Coffee/1 cup milk/vitamins (18g protein)

2. Spinach/fruit smoothie

3. 4oz cottage cheese (15g protein)

4. 1 egg/ .75 cup lentil Soup (15g protein)

5. 1 ounce nuts (7g protein)

6. 2-4 oz meat (14-28g protein)

I usually only get the first 2 in before noon, so it is pushing to get everything else in before bed. I'm 8 weeks postop.

My day:
1. Coffee/1 cup milk/vitamins (18g protein)
2. Spinach/fruit smoothie
3. 4oz cottage cheese (15g protein)
4. 1 egg/ .75 cup lentil Soup (15g protein)
5. 1 ounce nuts (7g protein)
6. 2-4 oz meat (14-28g protein)
I usually only get the first 2 in before noon, so it is pushing to get everything else in before bed. I'm 8 weeks postop.

Sounds good I assume you use non fat cottage cheese? Love the lentil soup
Thanks