Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm only about a month or so post op, but has anyone ever had pain in their tailbone/coccyx when sitting?

Yep. Quite often. I've learned to just deal with it and look at it like a badge of honor!

I had pains in my back but not my tailbone before the weight loss. Four herniated disc, scatia and spinal stenosis. But since losing all the weight I have so far (still have about 38 to lose) the tailbone pain has started to really hurt to the point where I can't sit in my recliner like I use too. I have tramadol for the back pain and use to take 1 or 2 a week, However over the last few weeks the pain has been so bad I find I am taking 2 or 3 a day.

I was watching skin tight last month and there was a lady on the show who had lost over 100 pounds and her tailbone started to hurt as well. When she had her skin removal surgery the same Doctor went in and shaved down her tailbone as it was protruding the opposite direction from what it should have been.

I dont know if that was the same episode i watched but i saw a girl have part of her tailbone removed also and it freaked me out. I didnt even know you could do that! My tailbone has been killing me also and it's making life that much more difficult with all the other back pain i've been dealing with for the past SEVERAL years. Im hoping somewhere down the line with plastics i can get a butt lift and transfer some fat and hopefully the extra padding will help. But at this point i'm just dealing with it and trying to make accommodations where i can.

I have that pain and it goes it my legs. Sometimes worst than others. I am 8 weeks post op and down 35 pounds I believe. I have a cushionly behind but that doesn't stop the pain when it hits.

You have to learn to sit different. It took me months.

We have a thread around here with a diagram on the difference between how obese and normal weight people sit. I haven't been able to find it and I searched for it a couple times this week.

Always. Always always.

And as I lost fat from my but it only got worse.

I'm sorry. Try to limit sitting.

Ive had the tailbone pain while sitting. Mine was because i needed to take a poop. I did no more problems

Just had a discussion with my chiropractor this week pain comes from. The Si joint. She had me marching in place 3 times a day lifting my knees as high as possible to loosen it up. Seems the joint also does not move very much in general.

There is a really good post from 2016 that explained this based on needing to change the way we sit after losing weight ... I will try and find it to post .. or try and check it out

I have really had an issue with this too...I bought a cushion that was supposed to help but didn't provide much relief.