Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Post-Op and feeling a little regretful?

Once you can eat more with more variety it gets better.

Everyone hates living on air.

You're ahead of me by a week but I've definitely had my buyers remorse days. Especially when I was told I had to stay an extra day in the hospital. As soon as I got home I was still vomiting and crying into my toilet. My husband has been very caring and telling me it'll be ok. I think for me it's the pain from gas, and the fact that Water makes me nauseous. It's getting better day by day and hoping once I start on full liquids, my attitude improves.

You've had it worse than I did by far. I shouldn't even complain. I hope you start feeling better. We'll all be here for each other. Have they given you any nausea meds? I love mine. They dissolve in my mouth and I've never had any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

You've had it worse than I did by far. I shouldn't even complain. I hope you start feeling better. We'll all be here for each other. Have they given you any nausea meds? I love mine. They dissolve in my mouth and I've never had any.

They did give me some but my surgeon only gave me 5. I have my first post op tomorrow and I'm hoping he'll prescribe more. Liquids have been so hard to keep down, I'm dreading being re admitted for an IV. :(

5 hours ago, Honeybee17 said:

But I still have this feeling of regret.

I believe this will go away. When you start feeling regretful, deny yourself these thoughts! Think of all the positive that will occur from this surgery. If this continues please make an appointment with a therapist. Many bariatric patients work with therapists before and after surgery. Good Luck!

They did give me some but my surgeon only gave me 5. I have my first post op tomorrow and I'm hoping he'll prescribe more. Liquids have been so hard to keep down, I'm dreading being re admitted for an IV. [emoji20]

My doctor told me could take some of that liquid, like Pepto Bismal, but it's called something else, for nausea. I'll look at my paperwork and find the name for you. Maybe that'll help your nausea. Being nauseous won't help you get to your goals of you can't get your Protein in. Also my doctortold me about GENEPRO, which you can get at UNC. 1 scoop is 30 g of protein and it is flavorless. So you can pour our on anything! Goggle GenePro GNC send read the reviews. They are all from people who have had Gastric Bypass like us and most of the reviews are great!

Thank you everyone for helping me today. I feel better knowing its temporary and that I'm not alone. If It was just me I would worry what's wrong with me. To know that this is a normal reaction, makes me feel better and I know I can get through it. I love having this support group.

My doctor told me could take some of that liquid, like Pepto Bismal, but it's called something else, for nausea. I'll look at my paperwork and find the name for you. Maybe that'll help your nausea. Being nauseous won't help you get to your goals of you can't get your Protein in. Also my doctortold me about GENEPRO, which you can get at UNC. 1 scoop is 30 g of protein and it is flavorless. So you can pour our on anything! Goggle GenePro GNC send read the reviews. They are all from people who have had Gastric Bypass like us and most of the reviews are great!

GNC, not UNC. Hate auto-correct

I'm two weeks in on friday. I felt regret from the first day. I still feel regret, thinking that maybe I could of tried a different way to lose weight, but I know in my heart I had no choice. I had all the opportunity in the world. No I just hope I don't mess up my opportunity to get to where I need to be. I wish you luck, I'm in your boat. So you are definitely not alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Where to begin... when I started questioning my decision prior to surgery and now that I am 3 weeks post op I have still have had those moments occasionally , but loosing the "regret" feeling slowly.

I also had to have my gallbladder out 5 days post op from my sleeve surgery so that I'm sure hasn't helped.

I do feel I have more energy. I have been doing all sorts of stuff too include mopping floors, planting flowers and gardening, pulling weeds, mulching, preparing for a rummage sale, and keeping up with my 3 year old grandson on a daily basis since the 1st of May, which was about 2 wks post op sleeve, and 8 days post op gallbladder.

I didn't have the best support going into this as my spouse didn't feel surgery with a unreversable outcome was a great choice. It has gotten better and he has become supportive most of the time.

I have lost about 22 lbs since my pre-op appt which gets me down when I read others blogging about 30-50lbs losses at the same time post-op but at least its a loss.

Keep your chin up and focus on one thing you really are looking forward to after the weight loss like in 6 month to a year. I'm told its so worth it.

Never regretted it. Went into the situation educated, didn't have unrealistic expectations to be let down from, didn't expect instant results. It's a tool that's part of a life-long process, and it's certainly not for everyone, especially those with no patience, or no willingness to implement long term changes.

I'm two weeks in on friday. I felt regret from the first day. I still feel regret, thinking that maybe I could of tried a different way to lose weight, but I know in my heart I had no choice. I had all the opportunity in the world. No I just hope I don't mess up my opportunity to get to where I need to be. I wish you luck, I'm in your boat. So you are definitely not alone.

That's exactly how feel. I have lost weight before, but I'm a emotional stress eater, and I get a LOT of stress from my mom, sister, and aunt. Then I gain it all back. I've tried exercising and yoyo dieting so many times. My CM was out of control. I feel likeI failed because I did the surgery.

Sorry, DM, not CM.

I hope we both get through this
Especially since we are both at the same place and time.