Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

4 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Hey everyone. Hope all is well. Us South Texans are watching Tropical Storm Harvey, currently looks like it's headed straight for us. There's talk of it strengthening to hurricane status by week's end. We shall see. Kind of exciting! I LOVE bad weather, but obviously, I don't love the damage. So, we're getting ready here and will keep watch to see whether or not we need to leave. Weather status is a storm surge watch now. (Where I live, we're surrounded by Water for the most part), so I'm filling up the tanks tomorrow and getting some foods that won't perish (blah!!!) just in case. Canned Beans will suffice. HAHA! If we stay because it's not life threatening, then we'll probably be out of electricity. In my neighborhood, the slightest t-storm sets off the electricity. Imagine a tropical storm? If life threatening, we'll haul out of here and make our way to SA to my brother's house.

Other than that exciting news....all is well with my tummy. Went to the gym and did a good workout last night. Debating whether I want to do the gym or go to church tonight. Or maybe do both???

I know what you mean about liking a good storm. I love the thunder, but hate losing power. I hope you just get a storm but no damage. Where is SA? my mind is drawing a blank tonight.

I went to church tonight. Just got home and I am tired. Headed to bed soon. I hope everyone had a blessed day.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

I know what you mean about liking a good storm. I love the thunder, but hate losing power. I hope you just get a storm but no damage. Where is SA? my mind is drawing a blank tonight.

I went to church tonight. Just got home and I am tired. Headed to bed soon. I hope everyone had a blessed day.

SA is San Antonio. We love to abbreviate our cities here. Like mine is CC. Lol

i went to church tonight too. Didn't like it. Lol. First time ever! I hope they don't do it again. I'll have to explain in a pm if anyone wants to know.

As for the storm, the well we're not walking in fear, but we're prepared anyway. 😊

Well, it's been hectic. Most of the folks are leaving the island right now. Had to run some errands and getting my large dogs for kennel boarding. Packing up important documents and clothes now. We'd stay through it if it wasn't going to linger, but the lingering is what's going to make it a bigger mess with flooding, etc.

Got to take pics of everything in my house. I should have done this previously. Usually I have a hurricane prep bad ready to go, but this year, I didn't and it just so happens to be a hurricane. Go figure.

Update: stuck on 37 heading north. It's been a long day here. I haven't eaten anything decent but my stuffed poblano pepper earlier. A few pistachios and a couple of handfuls of light popcorn. I think I had a good workout from all the running around town this morning, packing, and helping my husband board up the house. I managed to trip over a crack on the driveway and a pain jolted up my left leg, I pray it's nothing, even though 1.5 hours later it's still bothering me. 😕

Hope you all are having a great day!!!

Welcome PAguy. I think 50 lbs lost is great! Slow and steady wins the race. How has your journey been? Any issues for you?

Thanks so much! My journey has been good. The first week after was rough, but after that I've been feeling great. My problem is trying to get to the gym. I just don't have the energy to get there as much as I should. I know I need to make myself a priority, but that's easier said than done.
I'm also worried because the Holiday season is right around the corner and I don't want to fall into a rut.

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Update: stuck on 37 heading north. It's been a long day here. I haven't eaten anything decent but my stuffed poblano pepper earlier. A few pistachios and a couple of handfuls of light popcorn. I think I had a good workout from all the running around town this morning, packing, and helping my husband board up the house. I managed to trip over a crack on the driveway and a pain jolted up my left leg, I pray it's nothing, even though 1.5 hours later it's still bothering me. 😕

Hope you all are having a great day!!!

I just saw on the news and PMd you. Praying for all of you to stay safe and not suffer any major damage. I am so sorry you are dealing with this right now. I can only imagine the traffic 😒

Update us when you have time. Prayers🙏

Well, all is good. We're praying for our family members that decided to ride it out. Smh. Very unwise decision! Hope the Lord shows mighty grace. Well, here's what the radar shows right now. The dot on the pic is where my home is.

IMG_3236.PNG

17 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Well, all is good. We're praying for our family members that decided to ride it out. Smh. Very unwise decision! Hope the Lord shows mighty grace. Well, here's what the radar shows right now. The dot on the pic is where my home is.

IMG_3236.PNG

Sorry to interpupt. I'm a July sleever but not many who eat like you. Who doesn't weigh etc. So I just want to follow your journey :)

2 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

Sorry to interpupt. I'm a July sleever but not many who eat like you. Who doesn't weigh etc. So I just want to follow your journey :)

Follow away hon! 😊 I'm going against the flow here and I'm loving it too. I personally don't want to feel like I'm always on a diet. In my opinion, it's more freeing not always thinking of the next meal, how many calories, Proteins, carbs, fats, etc. Not thinking of a scale number to define how I'm going to feel or what my body is really going through (because fluctuations always happen), is freeing for me. Eating a WFPB diet has definitely helped me to enable the not worrying part, since most everything I eat is pretty healthy. Lots of veggies. Hope I can inspire!

5 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

6 hours ago, Newme17 said:

IMG_3236.PNG

Oh my. So glad you evacuated. Praying for everyone in the storm area!

16 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Follow away hon! 😊 I'm going against the flow here and I'm loving it too. I personally don't want to feel like I'm always on a diet. In my opinion, it's more freeing not always thinking of the next meal, how many calories, Proteins, carbs, fats, etc. Not thinking of a scale number to define how I'm going to feel or what my body is really going through (because fluctuations always happen), is freeing for me. Eating a WFPB diet has definitely helped me to enable the not worrying part, since most everything I eat is pretty healthy. Lots of veggies. Hope I can inspire!

To be honest the general view on here can be quite suffocating. :) I would love to know what your daily eating is like? :)

4 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

To be honest the general view on here can be quite suffocating. :) I would love to know what your daily eating is like? :)

I want to be like @Newme17 when I grow up😄. She directed me to the book Proteinaholic and I was hooked on the WFPB diet. You should check it out for sure. I'm still tracking my foods for now, but I am trying to break the habit. Eating such a healthy diet does give you so much more confidence in yourself.

6 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

Well the last couple of days has been off, not bad, but just off due to Harvey. Today I had some cold brew coffee, kale salad, roasted pumpkin seeds, & 1/2 c of cheese & broccoli Soup. I'm about to have some pistachios in a few mins. I don't think about anything other than "I'm hungry". lol

dinner tonight. I made a Peruvian onion salad called Onion and Tomato curtido salad/salsa {Curtido de cebolla y tomate}.

We had it with salmon at my hubby's request. He still wants to eat his salmon a couple times a month and I am happy to oblige. I had a small piece also.

His plate and mine:

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

48 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

dinner tonight. I made a Peruvian onion salad called Onion and Tomato curtido salad/salsa {Curtido de cebolla y tomate}.

We had it with salmon at my hubby's request. He still wants to eat his salmon a couple times a month and I am happy to oblige. I had a small piece also.

His plate and mine:

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

Yum! I ended up making beef fajitas for my brother and his family and my hubby. I didn't eat any though, didn't appeal to me. I had some leftover white bean and spinach enchiladas. (I brought my portioned frozen leftovers with me to SA, lol). I can't wait to be back at home to be able to focus in my own kitchen again.