Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

My libido has increased without the extra weight. There are other factors that can play in that too though, like stress, etc. Maybe just not in the mood?

It's just not the same lol he said sex was better when I was big so I don't know he just gotta accept the fact it's not the same 🤷🏾‍♀️

17 hours ago, queenbee88 said:

Is sex different now since surgery because I don't get as wet as I did before at all like it takes me longer to get into it now ?? TMI

I have had an increased libido and my husband has also. I haven't noticed any issues with anything. You might want to try some lube products and see if that helps.

The more weight I lose the easier it is to be active in all areas of life lol..

6 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Well good morning y'all. I'm getting curious and curious about my weight these days. Seems to happen right before the 15th of the month. lol. So, I weighed in at 208 this morning. I've also noticed the flap of my belly is smoothing out somewhat. Yay! Soon there won't be one. 😊 Best part, I feel great and I'm healthy inside.

Hope you all have a beautiful resting Saturday! We're taking the kids to a Water park called Schlitterbahn here. They've been waiting for this day all summer. Lol

later y'all!

Congrats on the weight loss! You are getting closer to Ondetland😊

have fun today!!

I went to church and then we came home and enjoyed a delicious lentil stew with quinoa and brown rice. Yes, I actually consumed 25g of carbs with my lunch, and nothing bad happened😄

Photos of the stew and whole grains.

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

3 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Yes, I actually consumed 25g of carbs with my lunch, and nothing bad happened😄

That looks soooooooo delicious!!!! And yay!!!!!! 😂 And nothing bad happened, that's funny.

Im sunburned. This darker skinned girl is SUN BURNED!!! Lol. Skin is so sensitive right now. But it was fun. My 27lb, four year old LOVED the rapids tubing rides, had to do it a few times. Talk about fearless!!! Tickets are so expensive to go, but we pushed aside our "not buying anything unnecessary " to have some fun family time. But when it came to buy the tickets, we were blessed to get four of them for $20/each which is $30 cheaper each!!! and one was free from my daughter's academic achievements at school last year. So talk about a nice blessing. Thank you Lord. Lol the one I used to go to is 3.5 hours away but another was built here in my city and now we're only 7 mins away. So that's nice too. I'm glad we went even though I'm burnt up.

32 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

That looks soooooooo delicious!!!! And yay!!!!!! 😂 And nothing bad happened, that's funny.

Im sunburned. This darker skinned girl is SUN BURNED!!! Lol. Skin is so sensitive right now. But it was fun. My 27lb, four year old LOVED the rapids tubing rides, had to do it a few times. Talk about fearless!!! Tickets are so expensive to go, but we pushed aside our "not buying anything unnecessary " to have some fun family time. But when it came to buy the tickets, we were blessed to get four of them for $20/each which is $30 cheaper each!!! and one was free from my daughter's academic achievements at school last year. So talk about a nice blessing. Thank you Lord. Lol the one I used to go to is 3.5 hours away but another was built here in my city and now we're only 7 mins away. So that's nice too. I'm glad we went even though I'm burnt up.

Ouch on the sunburn :( I know how that feels, my nose is still peeling from the camping trip and I have a zillion more freckles...

My granddaughter weighs as much as your 4 year old..lol.. and she will be 1 on the 29th of this month. Your daughter sounds like my kind of kid. Adventurous and fearless!

So glad you had such a wonderful family day and got such a great deal on the tickets. The Lord was blessing or sure.

I found this website with some good vegan recipes.

http://www.thebuddhistchef.com/recipe/seitan/

I am going to try and make this. This looks like it would be good in a sandwich or a stir fry.

My hubby is joining me on the whole foods plant based diet!! I got him to watch Forks over Knifes last night and he is on board.

I weighed in at 174 this morning. I think my body likes this food! I have dropped 7 pounds this week :)

Congrats on the weight loss! You are getting closer to Ondetland[emoji4]
have fun today!!
I went to church and then we came home and enjoyed a delicious lentil stew with quinoa and brown rice. Yes, I actually consumed 25g of carbs with my lunch, and nothing bad happened[emoji1]
Photos of the stew and whole grains.
IMG_0523.thumb.JPG.2e3d5bc7bd0eb4ed142208b51fd57fdd.JPG
IMG_0524.thumb.JPG.3a30e16ca8e4b8b19616a20729447f4a.JPG

I was told no rice bread or Pasta. Every surgeon is so different and part of me wonders if they didn't just say this to keep us off the carbs a while longer. Did it feel good going down?

2 hours ago, hmills653 said:

I was told no rice bread or Pasta. Every surgeon is so different and part of me wonders if they didn't just say this to keep us off the carbs a while longer. Did it feel good going down?

That is whole grain brown rice and quinoa, both are complex carbs and it was my first time eating them since surgery. I haven't had any problems eating anything really, my stomach is completely healed.

I am still avoiding refined and processed carbs, but after reading the book Proteinaholic by Dr. Garth Davis, I have decided to eat a whole foods plant based diet.

Good Morning Everyone!!! So it finally happened! I am under 200 pounds!!! IMG_0832.JPG Super excited!!!

13 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

Good Morning Everyone!!! So it finally happened! I am under 200 pounds!!! IMG_0832.JPG Super excited!!!

Congrats!!!!! I am so happy for you. Onederland feels great huh?

Tomorrow will be 3 months!!! Is everyone going to post photos? I think I will have my dh take a good photo today.

Tomorrow will be 3 months!!! Is everyone going to post photos? I think I will have my dh take a good photo today.

Yes I will post a photo! Hard to believe we will be 3 months post op! I've definitely learned a lot about food and my eating habits. So glad to be on this journey!

Congrats!!!!! I am so happy for you. Onederland feels great huh?

Omg yes!!! I was jumping in my room my boyfriend thought I was crazy lol

16 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I found this website with some good vegan recipes.

http://www.thebuddhistchef.com/recipe/seitan/

I am going to try and make this. This looks like it would be good in a sandwich or a stir fry.

My hubby is joining me on the whole foods plant based diet!! I got him to watch Forks over Knifes last night and he is on board.

I weighed in at 174 this morning. I think my body likes this food! I have dropped 7 pounds this week :)

YAY!!!!! HAPPY DANCE for the hubby! LOL I suspect he is like mine...after a few weeks, he'll feel the difference and won't want to go back. It's amazing.

Saving that recipe! I have almost all the ingredients...just missing the wheat gluten. Sounds yummy.

15 hours ago, hmills653 said:

I eat rice, bread (sparingly) and Pasta. But the ones I eat are all complex carbs (like Apple1 mentioned). My doc does encourage complex carbs though. I haven't had any issues with these foods at all either. Also, like Apple1, I'm doing a whole foods plant based diet as well. :)