Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

8 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Sooooo, I was curious. I weighed in this morning at 202. Slowly but surely it's coming off. I was surprised actually. im pretty sure I'll hit the hundreds before the 4month mark. If I don't, that's ok too. I'm really quite fine where I'm at. With that said, I am really hoping more of my belly skin bounces back!!! lol I may have to do a TT down the road after all . We shall see!

You will be in Onderland soon!!!! I agree before 4 months. I am so happy for you @Newme17.

I am so back and forth about the Tummy Tuck. My daughter thinks I look fine and don't need any TT or even a breast lift. I will see at the one years mark. I don't want another surgery if I can avoid it, but I do want to feel and look my best, but not too vain??? I just don't know..lol...

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

but I do want to feel and look my best, but not too vain???

Hey hey, it's not vanity unless all we do is chase after how we look. Heck, I rarely wear makeup anymore and my hair is usually up in a ponytail or bun. So, I say let's go for it when/if it's warranted for us to feel better about ourselves. Hubbies love us for who we are no matter our decision right? Well, in addition, we can give them a bit more spice too. Hahaha!!!!

1 minute ago, Newme17 said:

Hey hey, it's not vanity unless all we do is chase after how we look. Heck, I rarely wear makeup anymore and my hair is usually up in a ponytail or bun. So, I say let's go for it when/if it's warranted for us to feel better about ourselves. Hubbies love us for who we are no matter our decision right? Well, in addition, we can give them a bit more spice too. Hahaha!!!!

Ha Ha on the make up...me either. If it is a date night I do, but not everyday.

My dh said to do whatever I want..he just wants me to be happy and he is all for it if it is what I want to do. You are right, nothing wrong with adding a little spice..

2 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

My dh said to do whatever I want..he just wants me to be happy and he is all for it if it is what I want to do.

Exactly what mine says to me. :D

Occasionally I mosey on over to other threads and start reading. I'm amazed at how many people have heartburn after the sleeve. I had it really bad pre-sleeve and haven't had anything at all post. I took my ppi until it ran out too. Still nothing and we're going on four months post now. I'd like to know, what are these people are eating and how much?

IMG_3338.PNG

Edited by Newme17

I went back and read through the beginning of this thread up till about one month post -op. It seems so long ago and yet it wasn't. We have all come so far.

sooooo....my husband was approached with a job opportunity. I've spent a lot of time researching this little place that is 2146 miles from my home; it's Washington state! Lots of deciding to do. He went ahead and applied for the position, which he'll probably get. Lots of excitement and scary moments combined. We're quite settled in south Texas (been here for 26 years) and we like the idea of change but those thoughts are creeping in! I consider myself open to change, but when it's about relocating your whole family to the other side of the country with no family or even friends around, well, it's a lot to think about.

Edited by Newme17

On 9/7/2017 at 11:51 AM, Apple1 said:

I went back and read through the beginning of this thread up till about one month post -op. It seems so long ago and yet it wasn't. We have all come so far.

Memories...they seem so far away! Lol

it does seem long ago. I should go back and reread too.

9 hours ago, Newme17 said:

sooooo....my husband was approached with a job opportunity. I've spent a lot of time researching this little place that is 2146 miles from my home; it's Washington state! Lots of deciding to do. He went ahead and applied for the position, which he'll probably get. Lots of excitement and scary moments combined. We're quite settled in south Texas (been here for 26 years) and we like the idea of change but those thoughts are creeping in! I consider myself open to change, but when it's about relocating your whole family to the other side of the country with no family or even friends around, well, it's a lot to think about.

This is one of those forks in the road decisions. All I can say is get on your knees and the good Lord will let you know what you should do. Washington is a beautiful state. It has a temperate rain forest so if you are in that area be ready for the rainy season. You would experience much more temperature change with the seasons for sure.

This must be exciting for you guys!!!

My dh and I have been talking about where we should live in retirement. We have considered living in Peru because the cost is so much cheaper then anywhere in the US. My main problem with that is being so far from my family!! So I don't know if we would ever move. Still thinking.

13 hours ago, Apple1 said:

This is one of those forks in the road decisions. All I can say is get on your knees and the good Lord will let you know what you should do. Washington is a beautiful state. It has a temperate rain forest so if you are in that area be ready for the rainy season. You would experience much more temperature change with the seasons for sure.

This must be exciting for you guys!!!

My dh and I have been talking about where we should live in retirement. We have considered living in Peru because the cost is so much cheaper then anywhere in the US. My main problem with that is being so far from my family!! So I don't know if we would ever move. Still thinking.

That's what I'll have to do...pray.

Peru...now that's a long ways away! Is your husband's family there?

8 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Peru...now that's a long ways away! Is your husband's family there?

He has extended family still living in Lima. Mostly Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. All of his siblings are living in Florida.

If we moved there it would be to somewhere near Cuzco. Lima is too crazy for me They drive like maniacs. My dh has dual citizenship so it would be easy for us if we wanted to. Just to give you an idea of how inexpensive it is. We could live very nicely on $1000 dollars a month. It is just an idea though.

10 hours ago, Apple1 said:

We could live very nicely on $1000 dollars a month. It is just an idea though.

Wow, that would be awesome!

Hey y'all. So I weighed in this morning. I've only been doing it these last few days because I'm so close to getting in the 100's!!! I weighed in this morning at 200. Not sure if I want to do tomorrow morning or skip a day...I'm actually excited. Didn't think I would be, cause the numbers aren't what I'm after, but given the whole picture, getting out of 200+ lbs should be exciting! Yay!!!

I decided to just weigh in until the day it shows a number 1. So today it's still at 200. LOL We shall see what tomorrow holds.

40 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I decided to just weigh in until the day it shows a number 1. So today it's still at 200. LOL We shall see what tomorrow holds.

Yay, it will be this week for sure. :)

It is exciting!!!