Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

So stunning! You're so pretty hon. And great progress!

Thank u!

True story:

Down one more pound today. Weighed in at 205 at the doc office. All my bloodwork is great!!! I've got a copy of it for future reference. Doctor was skeptical of Proteinaholic, BUT I've got him asking all sorts of questions. Haha! I told him he's got three months to read the book before my next follow up. 😂 He wasn't concerned of any of my numbers, so I was released with a "Good, keep it up." NUT wasn't my usual!!! She's gone now...so sad. I was so excited about bringing the book. But that was ok, I shared with the new NUT anyway. She says "ok. You're still getting plant Protein. I trust you." Hahahahaha!

Left with a smile. 😊 I'm going to share this in the Proteinaholic thread too.

Good morning y'all. Nothing new. Hope y'all have a great day today. 😁

@Newme17 congrats on the great doctors visit! I bet you will have your doctor on board. I hope he reads the book!!

I have spending a ton of time researching the WFPB diet in my spare time. I watched a videos on Youtube where Dr. Greger was interviewed. He talks about Soy: I trust his advice because he always says don't believe me look at the science. I am going to buy his book soon.

I also wanted to share this recipe. I am going to make this for a barbecue we are going to this weekend. I will just omit the sugar and cut down on the oil a little. It looks so good I had to share.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14169/mexican-bean-salad/

Hey everyone! I just found this group. I was sleeved on 5/17. All together pre and post op im down almost 50lbs.

I wish it was coming off faster, but I'm not working as hard as I should be. The gym is a struggle with work life.

Anyway, it's great to read all your posts.

IMG_2558.JPG

4 hours ago, PAguy said:

Hey everyone! I just found this group. I was sleeved on 5/17. All together pre and post op im down almost 50lbs.

I wish it was coming off faster, but I'm not working as hard as I should be. The gym is a struggle with work life.

IMG_2558.JPG

Welcome PAguy. I think 50 lbs lost is great! Slow and steady wins the race. How has your journey been? Any issues for you?

On 8/17/2017 at 3:23 PM, Apple1 said:

@Newme17 congrats on the great doctors visit! I bet you will have your doctor on board. I hope he reads the book!!

I have spending a ton of time researching the WFPB diet in my spare time. I watched a videos on Youtube where Dr. Greger was interviewed. He talks about Soy: I trust his advice because he always says don't believe me look at the science. I am going to buy his book soon.

I also wanted to share this recipe. I am going to make this for a barbecue we are going to this weekend. I will just omit the sugar and cut down on the oil a little. It looks so good I had to share.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14169/mexican-bean-salad/

I love this guy! I'll tune in tomorrow morning and watch this. It's late now....thanks for the recipe! I'll be sure to try it too.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:27 PM, PAguy said:

Whoa, 50lb!? That's awesome. I wouldn't worry too much about how fast it goes, the main thing is that your body is getting healthier with each pound lost. 😁 Great job and welcome to the forum!

4 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

trust his advice because he always says don't believe me look at the science

I do too.

Ugh...that "time" I don't always feel so great. Usually feel like a big blob and my body retains the Water. I haven't been as diligent in my liquids I used to be so time for me to focus on my water intake. I crave coffee all day long and that's not exactly the best of liquids for me. I usually can tell when my lips are getting chapped (and they're chapped). It's very easy to confuse thirst with hunger too, so that's another factor I have to be mindful of.

Question: what has everyone eaten today (or yesterday-depending on when you've read this)? Here is mine:

B: cold brew coffee with almond Creamer and almond milk

S: savory kale salad

L: another kale salad with apples/cranberries and sunflower seeds

S: Enlightened roasted Broad Beans (sea salt) these are perfect to throw in purse or bag or even car to have something on hand.

D: White bean and spinach enchiladas (yum!)

S: couple of forkfuls of Quinoa Tabbouleh with tahziki sauce and 2 chickpea/lentil nuggets

I'll list out what I ate all day yesterday @Newme17

6:00am - chike mocha coffee shake with almond milk

9:30-1oz of walnuts

coffer with 2 splashes of half/half

11:30- mixed green salad with tomatoes, cabbage, orange sesame vinaigrette.

12:00-Diet green tea 16oz

3:00 - 10 raspberries with 4oz yogurt

6:30- whole grain Pasta with veggies, ( zucchini, yellow squash, spinach, red bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes, can of crushed tomatoes flavored with garlic and basil.

7:00-coffee with half/half

9:00- cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk

@Apple1 did you drink regular coffee at 7pm? or Decaf? There's no way I could do regular at 7pm....I'll be up all night!!! lol

3 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

@Apple1 did you drink regular coffee at 7pm? or Decaf? There's no way I could do regular at 7pm....I'll be up all night!!! lol

I always have a cup of coffee after dinner. It doesn't seem to keep me up. I won't drink it after 8:00pm now that I am in bed by 10.

29 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I always have a cup of coffee after dinner. It doesn't seem to keep me up. I won't drink it after 8:00pm now that I am in bed by 10.

My hubby is the same with caffeine. I just can't do it. My mind would be racing till 2 in the morning. So, I make sure I don't have any caffeine anytime in the late afternoon on besides Fridays. :)

Hey everyone. Hope all is well. Us South Texans are watching Tropical Storm Harvey, currently looks like it's headed straight for us. There's talk of it strengthening to hurricane status by week's end. We shall see. Kind of exciting! I LOVE bad weather, but obviously, I don't love the damage. So, we're getting ready here and will keep watch to see whether or not we need to leave. Weather status is a storm surge watch now. (Where I live, we're surrounded by Water for the most part), so I'm filling up the tanks tomorrow and getting some foods that won't perish (blah!!!) just in case. Canned Beans will suffice. HAHA! If we stay because it's not life threatening, then we'll probably be out of electricity. In my neighborhood, the slightest t-storm sets off the electricity. Imagine a tropical storm? If life threatening, we'll haul out of here and make our way to SA to my brother's house.

Other than that exciting news....all is well with my tummy. Went to the gym and did a good workout last night. Debating whether I want to do the gym or go to church tonight. Or maybe do both???