Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

Really? They operated on her with the cancer? or so you know if she was in remission? My mom is stage 4, slow growing cancer in the lungs that originated in her uterus. I'm wondering if it's also the location and what type, etc. I can see maybe if it were breast cancer it might be easier to do. But lung, another issue. We need to be able to not get pneumonia, etc afterwards.seems like homework for me. [emoji4]

She was I remission right now

1 hour ago, queenbee88 said:

She was I remission right now

I sure hope my mom will be too. There's hope!

So, I'm going to find the book Proteinaholic by dr Garth Davis. He's a bariatric surgeon based in Houston who has his patients on a plant based diet. According to calculations, my body only needs about 45g of Protein a day, which I would totally get through my Whole Foods plant based diet. This is something I want to bring up to the nut. Similar to Dr Weiner's ways of eating too. I showed my husband before and after pics of men doing high Proteins and exercise vs plant based and exercise. The latter are always more firm and cut. The men also state they have better energy, stamina, etc. goes the same for women. I'm thankful my hubby is on board with me.

I think that packet of tuna I ate so fast earlier is definitely the last tuna I'll be having. I had already shopped for our meals this week, all plant based. (And its cheaper too!)

10 hours ago, Newme17 said:

think that packet of tuna I ate so fast earlier is definitely the last tuna I'll be having. I had already shopped for our meals this week, all plant based. (And its cheaper too!)

You have me researching this myself. I may sub out a few meals a week to strictly plant based and see how I do.

Hello Ladies, It is great hearing your stories I find them so exhilarating and refreshing. Hard to believe that it has been almost two months. I love hearing about your families which my daughter cooked turkey hamburgers for us last night with my assistance. And she help me make Breakfast this morning before work. @Apple1 i am amazed at spanish culture and what type Peruvian food is typical within this culture? The pictures looked so awesome beautiful family. @Newme17 love the cooking with your girls it is a beautiful experience, right? @patty0715 i know the ricotta bake was delicious i got to make me one.

On 7/2/2017 at 10:51 PM, Newme17 said:

Hello all. It's been a busy couple past days. Been working on the finishes to the kitchen. Today was church, out to eat with my folks. Of course I didn't order. I just picked from my hubby's plate. I enjoyed that. Lol. Ran errands. Made a cake with my two youngest. Laid down cause I was tired and ended up sleeping for three hours!!! I usually never take naps! Did some grocery shopping and now relaxing.

My mom told me today that she was looking at the gastric sleeve surgery. I was excited to hear it. Her doctor told her that he would recommend the surgeon I have, but she then said, no one will do a surgery on a cancer patient. THAT BROKE MY HEART! 😔 So my prayer for my mom is this, SHE's FULLY HEALED FROM LUNG CANCER. NO TRACE OF IT EVER IN HER BODY. IN JESUS's NAME. AMEN. She's been overweight all her life and have all kinds of problems from it. She needs a break and that's my hope. She just overcame the large blood clot in her lung, she'll overcome the cancer too.

I am will be praying for your mom. Reading about what your family is going through just breaks my heart. The strength that your family has is so beautiful and rejuvenating that it literally brings me to tears of happiness. Keep fighting cause your family's will and faith is so phenomenal. You keep me fighting with the love you have inside.

46 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

You have me researching this myself. I may sub out a few meals a week to strictly plant based and see how I do.

The science behind it all is amazing. I'll learn all I can with this. I do know from experience the couple of weeks I did strictly plant based before surgery, I did feel amazing. I'm terrible with logging down numbers, etc....but I'll be sharing here of course.

45 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

@Newme17 love the cooking with your girls it is a beautiful experience, right?

It was! I was so tired though, I admit I didn't want to do it at first, but I saw how the girls were so eager to crack open an egg and mix, etc. My seven yr old even put on an apron my mom had made for my stepdaughter years ago. It was too cute. :)

I still wish my 12 yr old would do something...lol. You're truly blessed with your girl.

40 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I am will be praying for your mom. Reading about what your family is going through just breaks my heart. The strength that your family has is so beautiful and rejuvenating that it literally brings me to tears of happiness. Keep fighting cause your family's will and faith is so phenomenal. You keep me fighting with the love you have inside.

Thank you so much Sweet! It is stressful at times, but the one thing that is great through it all is my mom's attitude. She says she's in a win-win situation and has nothing to fear. She wins if she goes "HOME" early to be with the Lord and she wins if she stays here and has more time with her grandchildren. (Note...she never said children. LOL...guess she's got enough of us! haha!!!). She told me not too long ago that she's at peace whether she has the cancer or not, because she knows that God is with her through it all. She just has to keep her faith and trust in Him. He's a good God, he didn't give her the cancer, He is not capable of evil of any kind, and so we are all keeping the HOPE alive. :) Thank you again for your kind words!

25 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

It was! I was so tired though, I admit I didn't want to do it at first, but I saw how the girls were so eager to crack open an egg and mix, etc. My seven yr old even put on an apron my mom had made for my stepdaughter years ago. It was too cute. :)

I still wish my 12 yr old would do something...lol. You're truly blessed with your girl.

Yes, she has her moments which can be trying to say the least. She always been fascinated with cooking so this year is when I finally let her really experience it.

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

Thank you so much Sweet! It is stressful at times, but the one thing that is great through it all is my mom's attitude. She says she's in a win-win situation and has nothing to fear. She wins if she goes "HOME" early to be with the Lord and she wins if she stays here and has more time with her grandchildren. (Note...she never said children. LOL...guess she's got enough of us! haha!!!). She told me not too long ago that she's at peace whether she has the cancer or not, because she knows that God is with her through it all. She just has to keep her faith and trust in Him. He's a good God, he didn't give her the cancer, He is not capable of evil of any kind, and so we are all keeping the HOPE alive. Thank you again for your kind words!

Your mom's faith is inspiring. I can only pray that if I am ever faced with a life threatening illness I will be able to be at peace as she is.

Happy Independence Day I'm so happy I weigh in at 248 pounds I haven't been this size since I was 9 months pregnant I left the gym so happy I swim 4 times a week and work out 3 times a week still can't believe I had surgery

I've lost a total of 48 pounds before surgery and after surgery

1 hour ago, queenbee88 said:

Happy Independence Day I'm so happy I weigh in at 248 pounds I haven't been this size since I was 9 months pregnant I left the gym so happy I swim 4 times a week and work out 3 times a week still can't believe I had surgery

Congrats😄👏

you are one busy lady. Isn't it amazing how much easier exercise is after we have lost some weight?

Congrats[emoji1][emoji122]
you are one busy lady. Isn't it amazing how much easier exercise is after we have lost some weight?

Yes before I wouldn't dare workout due to a bad knee that's why I'm swimming because of the knee

2 hours ago, queenbee88 said:

Amazing!!!! Great job hon!