Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

42 minutes ago, Batty's Mom said:

My surgeon PA told me I would be a failure at weight loss because I am vegetarian, and have been for so long. She said I would never be able to get the amount of Protein I need.

Really? That's awful My nut just told me that it might be harder to get Protein in (but I'm going to read up on that proteinaholic book to see what's really the deal) and that I should be fine doing a vegetarian diet. She does advise me to keep eggs and cheese in...cause I won't do cow's milk/dairy.

10 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Since 6/15, I'm down another 9.5 lbs. I will take it! Considering I think I could be doing better exercise wise. That'll be my focus.

So my weight as of today, 7/6/2017, is 220.5. BMI is now 35.6

😊

Congrats on the weight loss @Newme17. I think you did great!

What did your Doc say about the tingling sensation? Are you going to get blood work to check your Vitamin levels?

35 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Congrats on the weight loss @Newme17. I think you did great!

What did your Doc say about the tingling sensation? Are you going to get blood work to check your Vitamin levels?

Thanks Apple1. I forgot to mention it didn't I? He suggested that I go back to using the bariatric Vitamins I had (but I refused...can't chew those things anymore), so I opted for the pill version. My nut did say that some people won't absorb those Patches as well as others. So, back to the vitamins and we will wait to see if that is the problem. Rule out the easiest thing first. He didn't up my B12 though, says 1000mcg daily is plenty. I also think maybe it could be a shoe problem too. I'll be replacing them as well. Doesn't speak for my finger tips though, so I'm really hoping and praying it's a Vitamin deficiency; easy to correct.

He also says he wants me to exercise more. LOL I guess I should have told him all the stuff I do. I only told him that I worked out like twice this past week, but didn't emphasize on all my walking to and from kids' camps, schools, errands, painting, working on the house, dancing, cleaning, etc. It really does add up. But I will focus on intentional workouts, even though it made my feet feel awful tonight...more tingly. My neighbor canceled on me again...twice this week. I'm wondering if she really wants to walk or not. Some people say stuff that they just don't mean. We shall see.

Well, I'm hungry, but it's already almost bedtime. So, I'm not going to eat but drink some more Water, maybe a G2. I don't want to eat anything at least 2 hours prior to bed.

Goodnight everyone. It's time for me to lay down and relax...and watch a show...and SLEEP! :)

10 hours ago, Newme17 said:

She does advise me to keep eggs and cheese in...cause I won't do cow's milk/dairy.

I haven't done cow milk since a child, and cheese is my weakness.

i went out today and bought what I need to try to make some vegan cheese sauces or cheese wheels. Here's hoping I can cut back.

http://www.nestandglow.com/healthy-recipes/pistachio-nut-cheese-vegan-dairy-free

6 hours ago, Batty's Mom said:

I haven't done cow milk since a child, and cheese is my weakness.

i went out today and bought what I need to try to make some vegan cheese sauces or cheese wheels. Here's hoping I can cut back.

http://www.nestandglow.com/healthy-recipes/pistachio-nut-cheese-vegan-dairy-free

Pistachio Nut Cheese....I LOVE pistachios. I eat them most everyday. I think I'd probably eat this whole cheese in a day. :) I'll be making a cheese sauce sometime myself to try out. Thanks for sharing and I hope all the vegan cheeses you make are awesome. Keep us posted...I'd love to hear how it turns out.

8 hours ago, Newme17 said:

on. My nut did say that some people won't absorb those Patches as well as others. So, back to the Vitamins and we will wait to see if that is the problem. Rule out the easiest thing first. He didn't up my B12 though, says 1000mcg daily is plenty. I also think maybe it could be a shoe problem too. I'll be replacing them as well. Doesn't speak for my finger tips though, so I'm really hoping and praying it's

Ok, well I hope it is just that and starting back on a regular pill Vitamin will correct it for you.

I agree that everything we do in a day adds up. I have a very active job in the summer time with a lot of field work. On days i am in the field my watch tells me I have burned 500 calories sometimes. I don't know how accurate it is, but the trends don't lie.

Havea great day!!

@Newme17 do you have a fitness tracker like Fitbit or Apple Watch? That would be a good way to keep track and it would give you a baseline of your daily activity.

This morning, my tummy was the flattest I've seen it since I was 28 years old. I was brushing my teeth and my pj bottoms fell right off of me. They were hanging on my hips. I guess it's really time to go do some shopping. LOL

As I suspected, went to bed hungry on purpose. Woke up with energy (4:45am) and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. So I just got up and decided to work on bills/budget. Enjoying my cold brew coffee with a chocolate Protein Shake with all my kids asleep! Hoping they stay asleep...especially the youngest one. She's a handful in the mornings. So many requests!

Can you believe I'm having car trouble with a 2016 Toyota Avalon???? My husband will be calling the warranty department this morning. We bought the car brand new last year and it won't turn on. Not cool.

Okay...back to my body progress. I think I mentioned that the doc wants me to throw in more exercise. Well, here's my hang ups. As I was working out last night (or dancing), my shoulder that was injured gave a sharp pain. It's tolerable now, but unless I want to be out of exercise for good, I cannot use it much. I also have hip bursitis. It occurred from all the years of spinning, using the elliptical, running, stairclimbers, etc. Repetitive and overuse of the bursa...which then gets inflamed. Well, it's inflamed now and it's pretty painful. I have learned to ignore it for the most part, but the ways to treat it is rest, ice, physical therapy (which makes it hurt worse!!!), and cortisone injections (which the doc won't do unless I do PT first, lol). Of course my toes are tingling, so it doesn't feel good in my shoes. Now, I'm not complaining here, I still get up and move around and do what I need to do, just wish it didn't feel like my body was falling apart all the time. Unfortunately, losing weight won't cause the bursitis to go away, nor the shoulder injury. I've got to work on how I can function around these. I'm definitely going to be praying for complete healing.

5 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

@Newme17 do you have a fitness tracker like Fitbit or Apple Watch? That would be a good way to keep track and it would give you a baseline of your daily activity.

I did, but had to return it. the HR monitoring of them causes pain to shoot up my arms. No joke. Has something to do with past carpal tunnel/nerve damage....I do a lot of typing and ten-key. I did some research and found out there are thousands of others who had the same issue. I was very bummed out when it happened because I had my sites set on one for a while before I actually got it.

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

I did, but had to return it. the HR monitoring of them causes pain to shoot up my arms. No joke. Has something to do with past carpal tunnel/nerve damage....I do a lot of typing and ten-key. I did some research and found out there are thousands of others who had the same issue. I was very bummed out when it happened because I had my sites set on one for a while before I actually got it.

Wow, I have never heard about that. I am sorry you are struggling with past injuries. Getting injured has been a big fear of mine since starting exercise after such a long time of just walking.

My opinion is that you should definitely listen to your body and don't push too hard. Maybe seeing a PT would be a good thing as they would likely be able to design a program for you that would be safe and not aggravate your hips or shoulder.

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

I'm definitely going to be praying for complete healing.

Prayers being said for your complete healing!!

4 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Prayers being said for your complete healing!!

and I receive them. :) Thank you!

Last night I made a Peruvian style salad that my mother-in-law showed me many years ago. This is one of my hubby's favorite meals. It is just any kind of lettuce usually 2 or 3 kinds, radishes, carrots, celery, cabbage, tomatoes, basically whatever you want. Then about 4-6 cans of tuna and usually hard boiled eggs. The dressing is 6-8 limes squeezed over it with salt and virgin olive oil drizzled liberally over all. The traditional way to serve this is over a bed of yellow rice, but I served it over riced cauliflower lol. Anyway it is a very healthy dish that could easily be served with garbonzo or lentils Beans instead of the tuna for a vegetarian dish.

IMG_0342.JPG

I found this calculator for RMR and TDEE

http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

I thought it was pretty cool because it asked you more questions about your daily activities to increase the accuracy of the calculation. It said my RMR was 1537, the health app on my phone says 1600 so pretty close.

Good morning! It is a beautiful Saturday here on the east coast.

I wanted to share this high Protein coffee shake I have been making every morning now. I mix it with a few ice cubes, 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened chocolate almond milk, and two scoops of the mix. Blend well in my Ninja and it tastes a lot like a Starbucks mocha frappachino without the whip cream. Very good and with 20g of protein and a good shot of caffeine lol.

IMG_0345.JPG