Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

Hello all. It's been a busy couple past days. Been working on the finishes to the kitchen. Today was church, out to eat with my folks. Of course I didn't order. I just picked from my hubby's plate. I enjoyed that. Lol. Ran errands. Made a cake with my two youngest. Laid down cause I was tired and ended up sleeping for three hours!!! I usually never take naps! Did some grocery shopping and now relaxing.

My mom told me today that she was looking at the gastric sleeve surgery. I was excited to hear it. Her doctor told her that he would recommend the surgeon I have, but she then said, no one will do a surgery on a cancer patient. THAT BROKE MY HEART! 😔 So my prayer for my mom is this, SHE's FULLY HEALED FROM LUNG CANCER. NO TRACE OF IT EVER IN HER BODY. IN JESUS's NAME. AMEN. She's been overweight all her life and have all kinds of problems from it. She needs a break and that's my hope. She just overcame the large blood clot in her lung, she'll overcome the cancer too.

3 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Hi Ladies I made a ricotta bake tonight and added some ground beef and it was delicious I felt like I could eat more than I served myself but then my tummy said no no no lol. I'm still struggling a little to get some food in but I think it's cuz the dr took me off the acid reflux meds...I might get some Prilosec and try that. Hope everyone is wnjoying their July 4 the weekend!

I added ground turkey to mine the last time I made it. It was delicious. I am thinking about trying it with thinly sliced zucchini and layering it like lasagna. I might sub in some Italian sausage also.

I am still taking an OTC acid blocker because I am chicken to go without it yet.

18 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Hello all. It's been a busy couple past days. Been working on the finishes to the kitchen. Today was church, out to eat with my folks. Of course I didn't order. I just picked from my hubby's plate. I enjoyed that. Lol. Ran errands. Made a cake with my two youngest. Laid down cause I was tired and ended up sleeping for three hours!!! I usually never take naps! Did some grocery shopping and now relaxing.

My mom told me today that she was looking at the gastric sleeve surgery. I was excited to hear it. Her doctor told her that he would recommend the surgeon I have, but she then said, no one will do a surgery on a cancer patient. THAT BROKE MY HEART! 😔 So my prayer for my mom is this, SHE's FULLY HEALED FROM LUNG CANCER. NO TRACE OF IT EVER IN HER BODY. IN JESUS's NAME. AMEN. She's been overweight all her life and have all kinds of problems from it. She needs a break and that's my hope. She just overcame the large blood clot in her lung, she'll overcome the cancer too.

I pray your mom is healed from her cancer. I will add her to the prayer list at my church. I think it is awesome that she is thinking about the sleeve surgery.

It sounds like you have had a busy weekend!! It is good that you were able to catch up on some rest. Sometimes a long nap is just what our bodies need.

I have had such a great weekend. Spending time with my husbands family has been fun. We went to a Peruvian restaurant tonight and the food was great.

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

55 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I pray your mom is healed from her cancer. I will add her to the prayer list at my church. I think it is awesome that she is thinking about the sleeve surgery.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS. I appreciate it very much.

55 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I have had such a great weekend. Spending time with my husbands family has been fun. We went to a Peruvian restaurant tonight and the food was great.

I would love to know how the Peruvian culture is. I think you may have said there's similarity without hispanics. But now I'm intrigued...I'm going to look it up. 😊 food looks delish too.

update: so it is very similar. Awesome!

Peruvian culture is a beautiful mix of Hispanic and native traditions. The Quechua and the Aymara are the two main native cultures of Peru, both of whom speak their native languages. These Inca descendants have successfully preserved and developed their proud cultures despite the creeping in of globalization.

Edited by Newme17

8 hours ago, Newme17 said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS. I appreciate it very much.

I would love to know how the Peruvian culture is. I think you may have said there's similarity without hispanics. But now I'm intrigued...I'm going to look it up. 😊 food looks delish too.

update: so it is very similar. Awesome!

Peruvian culture is a beautiful mix of Hispanic and native traditions. The Quechua and the Aymara are the two main native cultures of Peru, both of whom speak their native languages. These Inca descendants have successfully preserved and developed their proud cultures despite the creeping in of globalization.

@Newme17 you are correct in your description of the Peruvian culture. My husbands grandmother spoke Quechua and it is obvious in the way his family looks that they have a strong native Incan influence in their genetics. Other Peruvians may have a stronger Spanish influence, but many are very mixed. My dh speaks Spanish and English, but he can still remember his grandmother speaking the old native Quechua language.

food is an important part of the culture. My dh has always told me that in the USA we don't know how to have a party or Celebrate. He remembers celebrations that would last 2-3 days and it would be the whole street with so much food, music, and dance. I could listen to his stories about growing up in Peru all day long as I find it very interesting.

I am off to have my run and then pack up and head home. I am praying the traffic isn't too bad. Have a good day everyone 😊

2 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

My dh has always told me that in the USA we don't know how to have a party or Celebrate. He remembers celebrations that would last 2-3 days and it would be the whole street with so much food, music, and dance. I could listen to his stories about growing up in Peru all day long as I find it very interesting.

I would listen all day too. 😊 My brother is going to Brasil for his second year, but he came back the first year stating that we don't know how to Celebrate. lol. Guess it boils down to the US being so mixed up in cultures and not having the history to keep culture traditions.

My neighbor and I have agreed to walk together at least three times a week, starting tonight. I'm excited cause we really don't know each other and it'll be great getting to do so. She's lost about 40 lbs on her own since Jan. I'm extremely proud of her. My hope is that we encourage each other to keep on at it and keep on walking!

3 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

My neighbor and I have agreed to walk together at least three times a week, starting tonight. I'm excited cause we really don't know each other and it'll be great getting to do so. She's lost about 40 lbs on her own since Jan. I'm extremely proud of her. My hope is that we encourage each other to keep on at it and keep on walking!

I think that is awesome! The only thing missing from my morning runs is someone to join me.

For me being able to do the exercise is so motivating. In the past I would have been so out of breath after only half a minute of running.

Maybe you will gain a new friend along with increasing your fitness!!

We made it home from D.C. About an hour ago. Thankfully the traffic wasn't too bad😃.

My son was supposed to be stopping by and letting our dog out twice a day, but it was obvious he did not make it this morning...lol..

we are going to our daughters house tomorrow for a barbecue so that should be fun. I will make deviled eggs and bring some chicken for the grill.

I am amazed at how back to normal I feel at 7 weeks post-op? Anybody else feel the same way? I eat less, am making healthy choices, and exercising, but I don't feel like I had major surgery. I actually feel like I have more energy now😃

I hope everyone has a great 4th 😃🎆🎇

3 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I am amazed at how back to normal I feel at 7 weeks post-op? Anybody else feel the same way? I eat less, am making healthy choices, and exercising, but I don't feel like I had major surgery. I actually feel like I have more energy now😃

I told my husband that last week. Feels like I had nothing done too. Lol

Have a great time at the BBQ tomorrow. Deviled eggs sound real good right now. 👅

50 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I told my husband that last week. Feels like I had nothing done too. Lol

Have a great time at the BBQ tomorrow. Deviled eggs sound real good right now. 👅

4 hours ago, Apple1 said:

We made it home from D.C. About an hour ago. Thankfully the traffic wasn't too bad😃.

My son was supposed to be stopping by and letting our dog out twice a day, but it was obvious he did not make it this morning...lol..

we are going to our daughters house tomorrow for a barbecue so that should be fun. I will make deviled eggs and bring some chicken for the grill.

I hope everyone has a great 4th 😃🎆🎇

I feel the same way I have tons of energy and although I get tired around 9-10 that was my normal time before surgery. I am definately loving this new found energy. Will be joining a gym on Wednesday! Gonna check that one off my list in a few days! Enjoy the 4th everyone!

22 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

I feel the same way I have tons of energy and although I get tired around 9-10 that was my normal time before surgery. I am definately loving this new found energy. Will be joining a gym on Wednesday! Gonna check that one off my list in a few days! Enjoy the 4th everyone!

Glad to hear you and newme17 feel the same.

Enjoy the gym. It sure does feel good to accomplish our goals😊

I did exactly what my surgeon told me not to do. Been working on the kitchen. Then left to get my kids and swim lessons. I didn't eat. By the time I got home I was raving hungry. Ate a packet of tuna...WAY TOO FAST. I don't think I even chewed it. This is the worst I've ever felt after eating. Smh. All I want to do is drink some Water, make it go down, but I know I'd feel worse with it. Sigh....lesson: don't wait too long to eat.

Seems like I don't have slow eating down. It was easy when I felt funny after surgery. Now I don't, so...seems like I forget a lot easier.

Hello all. It's been a busy couple past days. Been working on the finishes to the kitchen. Today was church, out to eat with my folks. Of course I didn't order. I just picked from my hubby's plate. I enjoyed that. Lol. Ran errands. Made a cake with my two youngest. Laid down cause I was tired and ended up sleeping for three hours!!! I usually never take naps! Did some grocery shopping and now relaxing. My mom told me today that she was looking at the gastric sleeve surgery. I was excited to hear it. Her doctor told her that he would recommend the surgeon I have, but she then said, no one will do a surgery on a cancer patient. THAT BROKE MY HEART! [emoji17] So my prayer for my mom is this, SHE's FULLY HEALED FROM LUNG CANCER. NO TRACE OF IT EVER IN HER BODY. IN JESUS's NAME. AMEN. She's been overweight all her life and have all kinds of problems from it. She needs a break and that's my hope. She just overcame the large blood clot in her lung, she'll overcome the cancer too.

It's a lady that had surgery in my group who had cancer and had the gastric sleeve I live in Miami Florida and she's 62

Prayers for your mom

16 minutes ago, queenbee88 said:

It's a lady that had surgery in my group who had cancer and had the gastric sleeve I live in Miami Florida and she's 62

Prayers for your mom

Really? They operated on her with the cancer? or so you know if she was in remission? My mom is stage 4, slow growing cancer in the lungs that originated in her uterus. I'm wondering if it's also the location and what type, etc. I can see maybe if it were breast cancer it might be easier to do. But lung, another issue. We need to be able to not get pneumonia, etc afterwards.seems like homework for me. 😊

Edited by Newme17