Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

3 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I need to buy a decent pair of running shoes though because I have read that many injuries happen because of the wrong shoes. I think you will like the program and you can advance at your own pace so don't be afraid to start slowly. I feel like you are probably much more fit than I am so you should do well.

Shoes make a HUGE impact. I replace mine probably every three to four months. I've had an injury due to wrong shoes too. My podiatrist was upset I was wearing Sketchers. I'm wearing them now. LOL Anyway, no shoes that can do a backwards or forward bend. They're the worse...even though they feel good.

Don't kid yourself about me being more fit...LOL!!!!!! May or may not be, the fact is, you're running and enjoying yourself. Now, I might be able to beat you in arm wrestling, but hey, that's another sport that we don't have to do. HAHA!

I too used to run during my skinny days. I would do about 5 miles/day, 3-4 times/week. I enjoyed it a lot. Now, why did I stop? SMH. I've done quite a bit of 5k runs too. Those are always fun. You should go to your local running shoe store (if you've got one) and sign up for a 5K now. It'll push you to keep on going!!! I'll be your biggest cheerleader...alongside your lovely family. :)

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

too used to run during my skinny days. I would do about 5 miles/day, 3-4 times/week. I enjoyed it a lot. Now, why did I stop? SMH. I've done quite a bit of 5k runs too. Those are always fun. You should go to your local running shoe store (if you've got one) and sign up for a 5K now. It'll push you to keep on going!!! I'll be your biggest cheerleader...alongside your lovely family. :)

Thank you @Newme17. I am planning on signing up for a race this Fall sometime. My goal right now is just to complete the race and not walk...lol I am just amazed at the things I am doing now that just a short time ago I would never have dreamed of. 😊

I am going to stop and try on some shoes tonight. I had plantar fasciitis in both of my feet a few years ago so I amnot going to risk it.

I was trying on some of my old clothes last night and I am only a few pounds or inches away from wearing many tops that are a size large!! It has been so many years since there hasn't been an X in front of my shirt size.

On 6/29/2017 at 10:01 PM, Newme17 said:

Totally not wls surgery worthy....but the bite I had was awesome. Fresh cherries are in and $2.48 a pound. My family LOVES fresh cherries. I have them ready for their picking in the fridge. But they're not eating them as fast as usual, so I pitted about a pound of them and made a cherry cobbler for them. Of course they had vanilla ice cream on top! (I'm not an ice cream fan, so, it didn't affect me any). 😊 Now, if I could only figure out a way to make a very healthy version.....

IMG_2821.JPG

That's so beautiful. Nice crumb crust.

13 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I like it a lot. I haven't done any running since 2005 when I was a skinny person so I am truly starting from the couch. Running at 5:30 am while the whole neighborhood is sleeping was enjoyable. I didn't expect to feel so invigorated and I thought it would be much harder than it was. I feel so amazing for the whole day after running. I never would have dreamed I would be thinking about running a 5k. I have just completed week 1 and I think I am going to repeat the 3rd run on wk 1 again before advancing on.

I need to buy a decent pair of running shoes though because I have read that many injuries happen because of the wrong shoes. I think you will like the program and you can advance at your own pace so don't be afraid to start slowly. I feel like you are probably much more fit than I am so you should do well.

I'm extremely proud of you for doing the running. You're an inspiration.

9 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I was trying on some of my old clothes last night and I am only a few pounds or inches away from wearing many tops that are a size large!! It has been so many years since there hasn't been an X in front of my shirt size.

Isn't that just nice? I'm happy for you. I wore a large shirt for the first time in a long time the other day. It was a tad snug, but loose enough for me to slide on and move in. I'm not advancing to large indefinitely right now, but it was a nice change.

2 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

That's so beautiful. Nice crumb crust.

Thank you hon 😊

7 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Isn't that just nice? I'm happy for you. I wore a large shirt for the first time in a long time the other day. It was a tad snug, but loose enough for me to slide on and move in. I'm not advancing to large indefinitely right now, but it was a nice change.

Yes it is😊 I am happy for you too @Newme17. I had to buy some new bras. The old ones were just not working anymore. I was shocked at how expensive good bras are???

I have earned my first two blisters this morning😩 I need to buy some socks that have tabs that will protect the back of my ankles.

You know what is great? The scale is moving up since I started running and I don't even care. I am getting fit and I know it will start moving down again once my body adjusts.

55 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

You know what is great? The scale is moving up since I started running and I don't even care. I am getting fit and I know it will start moving down again once my body adjusts.

That's the spirit!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that. The scale always goes up when I'm doing weights, etc. Then it'll start going back down. Muscle is being built, yeah!!

Oh and the bras...yeah, very expensive. I think I'll stick to Walmart ones for now until I reach maintenance. Im happy my cups are going down too. Totally don't like or miss being heavy chested. I always had headaches and it gets way too hot underneath the breast. It was just awful.

Edited by Newme17

Good morning ya'll. Today's agenda, work on the kitchen (yep, still doing it). Take the kids to the pool for a couple of hours (that'll be my workout). Come back and work on the kitchen some more. Fix a yummy plant based dinner (not sure what). Go grocery shopping and have my brother and a few friends come over tonight for some games/fellowship. Oh, and go meet up with a few ladies who all just had the sleeve done recently at the bookstore. I'm excited to hear how they are doing.

Hope you all have a fantastic and blessed day!!!

1 minute ago, Newme17 said:

Good morning ya'll. Today's agenda, work on the kitchen (yep, still doing it). Take the kids to the pool for a couple of hours (that'll be my workout). Come back and work on the kitchen some more. Fix a yummy plant based dinner (not sure what). Go grocery shopping and have my brother and a few friends come over tonight for some games/fellowship. Oh, and go meet up with a few ladies who all just had the sleeve done recently at the bookstore. I'm excited to hear how they are doing.

Hope you all have a fantastic and blessed day!!!

Sounds like you have a great day planned. We are headed to D.C. In a few hours.

Have a great weekend!!!

I had my first fast food today since post-op. I ordered the pico-guac grilled chicken sandwich at McDonald's in the Air and Space Museum. I didn't eat the bun and was only able to eat half. I think I made a healthy choice. I rarely eat fast food so I wasn't at all familiar with what to order. I am finding that it is pretty easy to find things to order no matter where we eat.

We are doing some serious walking And it is super hot and humid so hydration has been my main focus. We ended up getting a Uber back to our hotel because it was just so oppressively humid this afternoon. I am hoping to get up early and do my morning run on the mall by the capital building and the monument.

2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I had my first fast food today since post-op. I ordered the pico-guac grilled chicken sandwich at McDonald's in the Air and Space Museum. I didn't eat the bun and was only able to eat half. I think I made a healthy choice. I rarely eat fast food so I wasn't at all familiar with what to order. I am finding that it is pretty easy to find things to order no matter where we eat.

We are doing some serious walking And it is super hot and humid so hydration has been my main focus. We ended up getting a Uber back to our hotel because it was just so oppressively humid this afternoon. I am hoping to get up early and do my morning run on the mall by the capital building and the monument.

I've always known to have a healthier alternative at fast food places, but I usually always caved to something I shouldn't have. Now, I'd do what you did; but haven't had any since surgery. Great job by the way.

Its amazing how much walking you're getting in. You should probably see a big difference number wise. I need to get in gear. This weekend has been busy but not as busy (exercise wise) as I'd like to have it.

Hope you have a great morning jog! 👟

Hi Ladies I made a ricotta bake tonight and added some ground beef and it was delicious I felt like I could eat more than I served myself but then my tummy said no no no lol. I'm still struggling a little to get some food in but I think it's cuz the dr took me off the acid reflux meds...I might get some Prilosec and try that. Hope everyone is wnjoying their July 4 the weekend!

2 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Hi Ladies I made a ricotta bake tonight and added some ground beef and it was delicious I felt like I could eat more than I served myself but then my tummy said no no no lol. I'm still struggling a little to get some food in but I think it's cuz the dr took me off the acid reflux meds...I might get some Prilosec and try that. Hope everyone is wnjoying their July 4 the weekend!

Mmmm, I enjoyed the ricotta bake I made early in the journey. Haven't made it sense. Adding beef is good. I bet it was yummy. How much do you think you're eating? I still can't seem to eat more than 2 oz at a time. Sometimes it's only and ounce and I feel like I over ate. But also, I've been eating too fast and think it's mostly that.

Been off the ppi here for a few days. So far so good. Have you had heartburn, reflux?