Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

27 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

You're actually eating what my plan is suggesting at this time. I'm the one behind. It's just so hard to go more than 2oz combined for me at a meal. I still burp and stop at that point.

Ok that is reassuring 😊 I hope everyone has a great day. It is hump day so week almost half over...lol

Hi Ladies, I am doing well. This is my third day back at work. I have been walk ever since my calves hurt like crazy. And last night my baby had a GS meeting with badges been given out by her troop leaders. I walked home from there had a great time laughing and acting like my normally crazy self. Even said my kids hate to be seen with them because im always talking and friendly with others and tell embarrassing story bout my kids to others. So cute. I miss you guys and ladies you all look like sisters.

Edited by Sweet as peaches

44 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Hi Ladies, I am doing well. This is my third day back at work. I have been walk ever since my calves hurt like crazy. And last night my baby had a GS meeting with badges been given out by her troop leaders. I walked home from there had a great time laughing and acting like my normally crazy self. Even said my kids hate to be seen with them because im always talking and friendly with others and tell embarrassing story bout my kids to others. So cute. I miss you guys and ladies you all look like sisters.

Great to hear from you!!! I so wish we could all be neighbors. Ha! I'd love to hear the stories. I can imagine your kids rolling their eyes in a fun way maybe. Be sure to stretch your calves the best you can try and do that nightly sounds like they're tensed up.

Sisters? Lol. Well, we are sleeve sisters! 😂

I miss you guys as well. I received so much love upon my return to work. Also, i love skirts and they have been falling off dropping lower to the ground. The dress i have on now is falling also and my boobs are basically are non existent in this once tight dress. It's loose everywhere. Im so loving it.

6 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I miss you guys as well. I received so much love upon my return to work. Also, i love skirts and they have been falling off dropping lower to the ground. The dress i have on now is falling also and my boobs are basically are non existent in this once tight dress. It's loose everywhere. Im so loving it.

Isn't it amazing!? I'm wearing elastic waisted pants today that aren't so elastic on me anymore. I do wish my boobs would lose it too, but they're being stubborn

So, I have decided, as much as I don't want to, is to weigh myself monthly. Guess I should dust off the scale. Tomorrow is our one month anniversary y'all. Are y'all weighing in as well? I know some of you are weekly weighers. Will you be posting your monthly loss?

I need to get my photos ready. 😊

I am out of town this week so I will be weighing in when I return

9 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Hi there @Sweet as peaches. I'm glad to hear work is going well for you!! I missed your posts for sure.

Sleeve sisters for sure...lol..

52 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

So, I have decided, as much as I don't want to, is to weigh myself monthly. Guess I should dust off the scale. Tomorrow is our one month anniversary y'all. Are y'all weighing in as well? I know some of you are weekly weighers. Will you be posting your monthly loss?

I need to get my photos ready. 😊

I will be weighing in tomorrow even though it isn't my usual Monday weigh in. I will also be weighing in on Friday so I can post my weight for the summer challenge thread. I thought it would be fun to join in.

15 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I will be weighing in tomorrow even though it isn't my usual Monday weigh in. I will also be weighing in on Friday so I can post my weight for the summer challenge thread. I thought it would be fun to join in.

I had thought to try but then it would make me have to weigh in weekly. I squashed that option. 😂 have fun with it!!!

1 minute ago, Newme17 said:

I had thought to try but then it would make me have to weigh in weekly. I squashed that option. 😂 have fun with it!!!

I have no idea what to set my goal at? I am used to weighing in, it has become a bad habit since gaining weight.

My weight fluctuates so much I have gotten used to it so i don't stress out too much about it..lol..

Ok ladies I did it... I made an appointment for Saturday morning to get my haircut and highlights. Currently my hair is long, about to the middle of my back. I am think about getting layers and cut it shoulder length. My dh will be surprised when he gets home Saturday night.

2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Ok ladies I did it... I made an appointment for Saturday morning to get my haircut and highlights. Currently my hair is long, about to the middle of my back. I am think about getting layers and cut it shoulder length. My dh will be surprised when he gets home Saturday night.

Yay!! I love layers. He's gonna be so excited! Not only for you new do, but just imagine him not seeing you for two weeks!!! I bet he'll see quite a difference. I'm so excited for you!

6 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Yay!! I love layers. He's gonna be so excited! Not only for you new do, but just imagine him not seeing you for two weeks!!! I bet he'll see quite a difference. I'm so excited for you!

Thanks @Newme17. I am excited too and ready for a change.

I have a question for all of you. In the past few days I have been trying to listen closely to my body and only eat when I am really feeling hunger. The problem I am having is that this is leaving me short on Protein. I usually drink a shake for Breakfast whether I am hungry or not. Today I skipped it because I just wasn't hungry. My protein levels are at 50g and I really am not hungry enough to eat anymore today. So my question is would you eat even if you are not hungry just to reach your protein goals?

18 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Thanks @Newme17. I am excited too and ready for a change.

I have a question for all of you. In the past few days I have been trying to listen closely to my body and only eat when I am really feeling hunger. The problem I am having is that this is leaving me short on Protein. I usually drink a shake for Breakfast whether I am hungry or not. Today I skipped it because I just wasn't hungry. My Protein levels are at 50g and I really am not hungry enough to eat anymore today. So my question is would you eat even if you are not hungry just to reach your protein goals?

My answer is no, I wouldn't. I'm going based on my past emotional eating experiences, the things we were taught growing up, and what my team preaches.

Emotional eating: you eat when not hungry for the most part. ....BAD

Was taught: you have to eat breakfast or all that's on your plate, even when you're not hungry? ....BAD.

Team: eat only when hungry....GOOD

Now, when we tend to eat just because it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner times and when we're trying to reach goals, I think it sets us up to consume more than what our bodies are asking for. Eventually we'll get to a year out and practicing that we might become dependent on overeating and gaining some weight back. I honestly believe that so many who gain weight back are 1) eating wrong foods most likely or 2) overeating still to reach goals perhaps????

Now, we're in the phases that we really can't screw up now, so that's awesome and good. And in this time, we do need to learn to listen to our bodies and learn to know when it's true hunger or not and condition ourselves to not add more than what our body is requiring for the time. When we're 3, 6, 9, and 12 months out, we can surely hit our goals a bit easier than now.

My doc gave me a goal of 65-80g protein. For what I had today, I probably had about 60, maybe more or less. But I know one thing my doctor preached at my first post op appt, if you don't hit it, that's ok. You just may not be hungry yet. It might take days to weeks before you are. So until then, don't eat when you're not hungry.

Edited by Newme17