Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

6 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

My answer is no, I wouldn't. I'm going based on my past emotional eating experiences, the things we were taught growing up, and what my team preaches.

Emotional eating: you eat when not hungry for the most part. ....BAD

Was taught: you have to eat Breakfast or all that's on your plate, even when you're not hungry? ....BAD.

Team: eat only when hungry....GOOD

Now, when we tend to eat just because it's Breakfast, lunch, or dinner times and when we're trying to reach goals, I think it sets us up to consume more than what our bodies are asking for. Eventually we'll get to a year out and practicing that we might become dependent on overeating and gaining some weight back. I honestly believe that so many who gain weight back are 1) eating wrong foods most likely or 2) overeating still.

Now, we're in the phases that we really can't screw up now, so that's awesome and good. And in this time, we do need to learn to listen to our bodies and learn to know when it's true hunger or not and condition ourselves to not add more than what our body is requiring for the time. When we're 3, 6, 9, and 12 months out, we can surely hit our goals a bit easier than now.

My doc gave me a goal of 65-80g Protein. For what I had today, I probably had about 60, maybe more or less. But I know one thing my doctor preached at my first post op appt, if you don't hit it, that's ok. You just may not be hungry yet. It might take days to weeks before you are. So until then, don't eat when you're not hungry.

Thank you for this @Newme17. This was my intuition and I am glad to have it affirmed.

Just now, Apple1 said:

Thank you for this @Newme17. This was my intuition and I am glad to have it affirmed.

Glad I can help!!! 😊

Good night!!! I'll be posting pics tomorrow!!! 😊 Oh, and weighing myself. I guess I better put a reminder on my phone. Lol

Good morning all. This has been quite a journey the first month. I weighed 230 on January 1rst and I put myself on a low carb diet and lost 22 pounds before my surgery. Here are my stats now.

SW- 208

Cw- 189.5

So I lost 18.5 pounds this first month. It is amazing to me that I lost so much in so little time. More important than the weight lost is the health gained. Normal blood sugar levels were my number 1 goal and I have achieved that. I am very happy with my progress. The hardest part of this past month is figuring out the lifestyle changes that are going to work for me long term. It is a process that seems to be evolving. Sometimes my brain feels like it is on information overload with all of the reading and researching I have been doing. This forum has been a big help and I am very thankful for all of my sleeve sisters for their support and friendship.

I am looking forward to your photos @Newme17.

I promised ya'll my one month pics. I'll post them shortly. Having to put them in a collage, etc. Just been super busy today and finally getting a moment.

But before I post my pics.....

HW: 266

Initial Consult Weight: 259 (1/20/2017)

SW: 244 (5/15/2017)

CW: 229 (6/15/2017)

Difference of 15lbs since surgery! 30lbs since I started my WLS journey! 37lbs since my highest weight!!! Which I gladly take!!!

Because......

*I just feel better all around, emotionally, mentally, and physically.

*I'm down a size (or two??) in clothing

*I've added muscle (Feel much stronger); thus the scale won't move as much...cause my goal is to change my physique, in turn, it'll burn the fat. So, realistically, I won't make it to 145. I could be 160 and (almost) solid muscle. We shall see....

*I've got great support!! From family, friends, all you sleeve sisters!! It's amazing!!!

*My nails are wonderful, from all those added Vitamins. lol

*The fat on the back of my neck (DROVE ME NUTS!!!) is going down! It's not so much padding there anymore.

These are just a few WONDERFUL things that have happened since WLS. I'm very happy with it and still don't ever regret my decision. Thank you all for being here with me and for me. Ya'll are my main and major source of encouragement and support! :780_sparkling_heart:

Here's my first collage. I'm sure as I get better at pictures and making these things, they'll look cute. LOL But not too bad for one month!!! Keep an eye on my tat. That's what makes me see the difference more than just the belly. I do have some of my front, etc....I'll see about making collages out of those too. But I've got to go workout and get some things done. Just busy today. I'll check back in later...

Enjoy my belly!!! LOL

one month post.jpg

Oh, hey...I'll just add in my arms too...these are from today. I'm happy about my muscle coming back. No comparison pics....so I will be sure to take more later on. Got to keep doing my weights!

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

My face....need better pics, but oh well.

Faces-One Month Post.jpg

You can definitely see the difference. I think you look younger!! How did you make the collage? You did a great job.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

You can definitely see the difference. I think you look younger!! How did you make the collage? You did a great job.

Awesome. Younger!? I will take it!!! 😂 thank you hon.

I uploaded some app called Photastic collage on my laptop. Paid the extra five bucks for the premium. So glad I did. There's a lot more than the free one.

Hello all...the thread is slowing down. I understand that we all have busy lives, etc. Did ya'll get over the emotions of leading up to the surgery and having the surgery? I did. I was thinking yesterday that my life has just resumed back to normal-just very busy, it being summer and the kids out of school. I'm eating what I can/need to be and just doing what I need to be doing. I'm still excited about the changes that are happening with my body though. I'll still be giving updates here too. I hope you all decide to log in periodically, at least, and give an update. We're here to encourage each other. So, if you find yourself in a pickle, please let us all know. I'd love to help out as best as I can.

Today I woke up "feeling" even lighter than yesterday. LOL Kind of a weird feeling, but I'll take it. I found small Snacks in the fridge section of the grocery store, Hormel and Sargento...etc. that are perfect meals for me. Has a good amount of Protein too, and they're all about 2-3 oz each. Some have a little chocolate/nuts, etc. But I'm not afraid of sugar, so I'm enjoying the little bit that I do have. Has anyone tried these out yet? I love them.

Got to go! Ya'll have a blessed day. I'll check back in later. Adios!

12 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Hello all...the thread is slowing down. I understand that we all have busy lives, etc. Did ya'll get over the emotions of leading up to the surgery and having the surgery? I did. I was thinking yesterday that my life has just resumed back to normal-just very busy, it being summer and the kids out of school. I'm eating what I can/need to be and just doing what I need to be doing. I'm still excited about the changes that are happening with my body though. I'll still be giving updates here too. I hope you all decide to log in periodically, at least, and give an update. We're here to encourage each other. So, if you find yourself in a pickle, please let us all know. I'd love to help out as best as I can.

Today I woke up "feeling" even lighter than yesterday. LOL Kind of a weird feeling, but I'll take it. I found small Snacks in the fridge section of the grocery store, Hormel and Sargento...etc. that are perfect meals for me. Has a good amount of Protein too, and they're all about 2-3 oz each. Some have a little chocolate/nuts, etc. But I'm not afraid of sugar, so I'm enjoying the little bit that I do have. Has anyone tried these out yet? I love them.

I definitely plan on updating on this thread. Thank you @Newme17 for getting it started. We have 120 pages!!

I feel similar to you in that I feel more normal. When I look in the mirror though I can't believe the changes I am seeing. I am looking forward to the next year. I want to make the best of this opportunity and make permanent positive changes. I want to be the best version of myself that I can be. My family is growing with a new grand baby coming in February of next year so I feel like this is the perfect time for me to be taking control of my health.

I buy the cheese sticks with the turkey sticks to have for Snacks or pack in my lunch for work. I bought some nuts tonight and I plan on trying some for the first time this weekend. I am always on the look out for healthy snacks and new recipes. I think we should share on this thread.

I am going to share some photos tomorrow after I get me hair done! I have to find some from highest weight till now to put together. Hubby will be home tomorrow night!!!!

13 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I definitely plan on updating on this thread. Thank you @Newme17 for getting it started. We have 120 pages!!

I feel similar to you in that I feel more normal. When I look in the mirror though I can't believe the changes I am seeing. I am looking forward to the next year. I want to make the best of this opportunity and make permanent positive changes. I want to be the best version of myself that I can be. My family is growing with a new grand baby coming in February of next year so I feel like this is the perfect time for me to be taking control of my health.

I buy the cheese sticks with the turkey sticks to have for Snacks or pack in my lunch for work. I bought some nuts tonight and I plan on trying some for the first time this weekend. I am always on the look out for healthy Snacks and new recipes. I think we should share on this thread.

I am going to share some photos tomorrow after I get me hair done! I have to find some from highest weight till now to put together. Hubby will be home tomorrow night!!!!

12 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Hi Ladies...sorry I haven't updated on a few days but I am out of town in SC with my bestie as one of my god sons is getting married tomorrow so I have been running around with her getting the final things needed and today helping her cook. I definately look forward to hearing from you ladies so I hope this thread continues.

Good morning y'all. So I've followed a thread about not screwing over our metabolisms and I've learned that I just may have to count my calories for a little while. I was so set against doing so, but wisdom tells me that I absolutely don't have it all together, even now, when it comes to eating what I should be and enough. Thus, I had weight loss surgery. So, I'm biting my words right now and I'll be using MFP for a while. Until I master eating the way I should be, then I will consider not having to count.

I am happy to say I got to about 800 calories yesterday. This will be my goal for the next couple of months. More or less, depending on how hungry or not hungry I am in a day. My exercising is still going on too. I plan to cancel the gym, and workout at home. I'm actually enjoying this. I have weights here and kettle bells. I have stretchy bands and an awesome professional jump rope. I'm sure I'll add to my exercise equipment soon. I love going to academy to see what else I could use and incorporate in my workouts. I plan to buy a balance ball chair for my office at work. This will help strengthen my core throughout the day. I'll post a pic of it.

I just had a discussion with my 12 year old about forgiveness. As I was talking to her, I realized that I, too, need to forgive myself for not being wise, taking actions, being knowledgeable and educating myself, in how to take care of my body and be healthy. I am not a religious gal, but I do believe that we are to be whole. We need to be healthy in our minds, our bodies, and our soul. I've mastered my mind (thank the lord!), and my soul (even so, IT IS WELL), but this is a journey to master my body. I'm super excited about it too.

So, today is a beautiful day here. I've got my girls all day (hubby had to work mandatory OT) and I'm going to enjoy every bit of this day. Y'all be blessed! 😊

Heres the chair:

IMG_2776.PNG

11 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Hi Ladies...sorry I haven't updated on a few days but I am out of town in SC with my bestie as one of my god sons is getting married tomorrow so I have been running around with her getting the final things needed and today helping her cook. I definately look forward to hearing from you ladies so I hope this thread continues.

Hey there!! Totally understand the busyness of our lives. Enjoy the wedding! Can't wait to hear about how your journey is going as well.