Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

8 hours ago, mishyk said:

Beautiful!!!

Thanks hon. 😊

We are all 4 weeks out this week!! I feel like the time went by fast. I feel blessed that I have had a fairly easy time recovering and transitioning through the phases.

I grilled a ribeye steak tonight and was able to eat 2.5 oz no problem at all. I even saved room for 3 cauliflower tater tots.

I thought starting with a lower BMI that I would lose slower than average, but I am very happy with my 18.5 lbs lost thus far. Even better than the weight lost is the improvement with my diabetes and no medications except for my thyroid.

I have zero regrets and I am looking forward to seeing where I will be in the next year.

How are you all feeling about this first month?

As I don't have a clue what I lost so far, I'm just so happy to be back working out this month. I grew up working out all the time (my dad was a fitness instructor for a bit while outside of his day job) and it's just a love of mine. With the extra weight I carried I was always hurting after a workout, etc. I'm not now. I see definition in the short time I've been doing my weights too. My belly isn't sticking out so much, actually looks flattened somewhat when I'm sitting down. I'm impressed with myself but give all my credit to a good muscle build on my dad's idea of the family. I do need to stretch more though.

I've felt pretty good that I've reinstated my makeup almost daily lol I usually go with no makeup, but a little mascara, eyeliner, blush, and lipstick makes the day. Today I didn't bother and I instantly noticed whereas before, I didn't care. So that's a plus.

My chair I sit in feels big. My truck feels big. My husband says he thinks I'm shrinking height wise Lol. We shall see. I know I've lost at least 14 lbs (weighed on the 31st), and it's amazing what that bit can do.

I've also noticed I'm hungrier this past week (adding in exercise). It's very nice to know I can't stuff my face with something just cause I'm super hungry. Lol. But I've also noticed the past two days, I'm having trouble even trying to eat 2 oz I usually stop about 1 and I feel like I ate one bite too many. ???? Anyone else?

16 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

As I don't have a clue what I lost so far, I'm just so happy to be back working out this month. I grew up working out all the time (my dad was a fitness instructor for a bit while outside of his day job) and it's just a love of mine. With the extra weight I carried I was always hurting after a workout, etc. I'm not now. I see definition in the short time I've been doing my weights too. My belly isn't sticking out so much, actually looks flattened somewhat when I'm sitting down. I'm impressed with myself but give all my credit to a good muscle build on my dad's idea of the family. I do need to stretch more though.

I've felt pretty good that I've reinstated my makeup almost daily lol I usually go with no makeup, but a little mascara, eyeliner, blush, and lipstick makes the day. Today I didn't bother and I instantly noticed whereas before, I didn't care. So that's a plus.

My chair I sit in feels big. My truck feels big. My husband says he thinks I'm shrinking height wise Lol. We shall see. I know I've lost at least 14 lbs (weighed on the 31st), and it's amazing what that bit can do.

I've also noticed I'm hungrier this past week (adding in exercise). It's very nice to know I can't stuff my face with something just cause I'm super hungry. Lol. But I've also noticed the past two days, I'm having trouble even trying to eat 2 oz I usually stop about 1 and I feel like I ate one bite too many. ???? Anyone else?

I have not had trouble eating like you describe. I think a call to your doctor is a good idea if this keeps up. Do you feel this way with all foods?

It is cool that your workouts are going so well. I haven't bothered much with makeup either and I hadn't had a manicure in forever, but I agree it feels nice to look better.

56 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I have not had trouble eating like you describe. I think a call to your doctor is a good idea if this keeps up. Do you feel this way with all foods?

It is cool that your workouts are going so well. I haven't bothered much with makeup either and I hadn't had a manicure in forever, but I agree it feels nice to look better.

Seems like all foods. I even thought to just have broth for a day just so I don't have to eat. I'm going to do my best to monitor tomorrow though. Maybe I am eating one too many bites and just can't eat much till. I know a couple of days ago I decided to push it a little, not because what I was eating was so good, but because I finally counted my intake (for one day). I was curious. Showed I ate just 396 calories that day. I'm not all bent up on numbers as you know, but I thought maybe I should be eating more at this point. Looking at that intake messed me up. Lol. As I'm writing this, I remember my doc saying, if your not hungry, don't eat. Heh. So I need to just stay away from that counting. See, works for some, but totally messes with my head. Again, tomorrow I will listen to my body. I will eat slower and see if those things help. If the problem persists after that, I'll give a call.

6 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Seems like all foods. I even thought to just have broth for a day just so I don't have to eat. I'm going to do my best to monitor tomorrow though. Maybe I am eating one too many bites and just can't eat much till. I know a couple of days ago I decided to push it a little, not because what I was eating was so good, but because I finally counted my intake (for one day). I was curious. Showed I ate just 396 calories that day. I'm not all bent up on numbers as you know, but I thought maybe I should be eating more at this point. Looking at that intake messed me up. Lol. As I'm writing this, I remember my doc saying, if your not hungry, don't eat. Heh. So I need to just stay away from that counting. See, works for some, but totally messes with my head. Again, tomorrow I will listen to my body. I will eat slower and see if those things help. If the problem persists after that, I'll give a call.

That sounds like a plan. I do think measuring how much you are really able to eat at one time will be good information if you need to call the doc. Maybe measure your portions for a day or two if you haven't been doing that.

I pray it is nothing and just normal.

I have a scale, I guess I should pull it out and try doing that. Thanks!

So, today I was walking towards some double doors at the natatorium (where my daughter takes her swim lessons) and I noticed my legs. They looked somewhat nice. LOL As we were leaving from her lessons, I didn't pay attention, but some man kept staring at me! It was kind of uncomfortable but flattering at the same time. He wasn't all that bad looking either. All I know, is I better not tell my husband. HA! Actually feels good to be noticed a little bit.

6 hours ago, Newme17 said:

So, today I was walking towards some double doors at the natatorium (where my daughter takes her swim lessons) and I noticed my legs. They looked somewhat nice. LOL As we were leaving from her lessons, I didn't pay attention, but some man kept staring at me! It was kind of uncomfortable but flattering at the same time. He wasn't all that bad looking either. All I know, is I better not tell my husband. HA! Actually feels good to be noticed a little bit.

I bet that made you feel good!!

One of my goals as I loose weight is to be more mindful of my appearance and wear clothes that are more flattering. I have been in funk for a while now due to nothing that I liked was ever in my size.

3 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I bet that made you feel good!!

One of my goals as I loose weight is to be more mindful of my appearance and wear clothes that are more flattering. I have been in funk for a while now due to nothing that I liked was ever in my size.

A family friend pulled me aside this past Sunday at church and said, "hey there sexy mama. When you wear clothes that actually fit you better, you look slimmer." 😂. So true. Lets get out of the funk together!

Ok. I monitored my eating today. I did perfectly fine. Even ate 2oz at lunch and all was well. The problem I was having: eating too fast. I will definitely be eating much slower from now on.

@Sweet as peaches hey hon. Miss you! I truly hope all is well. I thought of you while I did Just Dance tonight with my girls. 😉

18 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Ok. I monitored my eating today. I did perfectly fine. Even ate 2oz at lunch and all was well. The problem I was having: eating too fast. I will definitely be eating much slower from now on.

That is good news!

I can eat about 3 oz of Protein and about 1 oz of vegetables. It takes me about 20-30 minutes to eat it. I worry a little because I can eat 4oz already? I never eat more though so I guess I am ok.

9 hours ago, Apple1 said:

That is good news!

I can eat about 3 oz of Protein and about 1 oz of vegetables. It takes me about 20-30 minutes to eat it. I worry a little because I can eat 4oz already? I never eat more though so I guess I am ok.

You're actually eating what my plan is suggesting at this time. I'm the one behind. It's just so hard to go more than 2oz combined for me at a meal. I still burp and stop at that point.