Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

2 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Yes! It is so hard to cook just for me especially since a meal is like 2-4 oz. I grilled 4 chicken thighs on Sunday evening and it has taken me three days to eat them all...lol I am tired of chicken. My dh is going to be away all this week and next. I miss him already.

Awww....I miss him for you hon. Have you considered freezing tiny meals for another time? So you don't have to eat the same thing for three days?

11 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Awww....I miss him for you hon. Have you considered freezing tiny meals for another time? So you don't have to eat the same thing for three days?

That is a good idea. Thank you!!

You would think after 3 separate deployments over the years that I would get used to him being gone, but I always miss him even on his two week training trips. I double check all the locks and everything before I go to bed just to make sure..lol..

So I realized Peanut Butter is on my list of new foods to eat this week, so instead of a Protein Shake for my after workout snack I made these. Very tasty and plenty of Protein.

IMG_0088.JPG

11 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

So I realized Peanut Butter is on my list of new foods to eat this week, so instead of a Protein shake for my after workout snack I made these. Very tasty and plenty of Protein.

IMG_0088.JPG

Is that pb on cheese?

2 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Is that pb on cheese?

Yep 😊 It was delicious, and 12g of protein!

25 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

That is a good idea. Thank you!!

You would think after 3 separate deployments over the years that I would get used to him being gone, but I always miss him even on his two week training trips. I double check all the locks and everything before I go to bed just to make sure..lol..

That's how I would feel with my husband being gone. I think he was gone for a weekend once, and it was just lonely. My mom on the other hand, was always happy my dad being gone on his TDY's. 😂. They've been married 42 years and she's still the same. Always wants to be left alone.

I would check the locks too. I did for the past six years my hubby worked nights. Only this week he started days, so it's nice to have him here now.

You have a blessed night hon. Sweet dreams. 😊

...hey, we learned a lot today on the other thread. 😂🤣😁

2 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Yep 😊 It was delicious, and 12g of protein!

That's the first I've ever seen that. Just because you say so, I will try it someday. 😊

10 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

That's how I would feel with my husband being gone. I think he was gone for a weekend once, and it was just lonely. My mom on the other hand, was always happy my dad being gone on his TDY's. 😂. They've been married 42 years and she's still the same. Always wants to be left alone.

I would check the locks too. I did for the past six years my hubby worked nights. Only this week he started days, so it's nice to have him here now.

You have a blessed night hon. Sweet dreams. 😊

...hey, we learned a lot today on the other thread. 😂🤣😁

We sure did. You have a great night too. Goodnight😊

9 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

That's the first I've ever seen that. Just because you say so, I will try it someday. 😊

I figured I like cheese and I like pb, so why not? lol ... it really was tasty with the cheddar.

Hey folks, this has been one of the longest weeks ever (my two oldest kids are with me at work). So ready for the weekend. I'm working on eating actual meals. I realized on one day, I tended to snack. That was the old me. Bite here, bite there. All healthy stuff of course, but it's not keeping me full. So, I opted to forego my morning Protein Drink and eat eggs the last two mornings. Then I eat a small snack, usually pistachios, then lunch and maybe another snack, and lastly dinner. This seems to be working okay. I just wait until I'm hungry, so my times are all sporadic. Sometimes I'm hungry when I wake up. Sometimes, I'm not hungry until almost 11am. Even though I'm working on going more plant based, I do realize that I will need to keep up my Protein more now. So I am not giving up meat just yet. I do sub quinoa though, it's a great protein source. I've got my lentils on hand too. So, that will be a process.

Anyway, just an update. Hope all is well with ya'll!

I am right there with you @Newme17 on this being the longest week ever:48_weary:.

It is nice that you are able to bring your kids to work if you need to.

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

So, I opted to forego my morning Protein Drink and eat eggs the last two mornings. Then I eat a small snack, usually pistachios, then lunch and maybe another snack, and lastly dinner. This seems to be working okay. I just wait until I'm hungry, so my times are all sporadic. Sometimes I'm hungry when I wake up. Sometimes, I'm not hungry until almost 11am.

This looks like a good plan. I think with our small stomachs we need to eat at least every 3-4 hours. I have noticed that there seem to be a couple of different camps, those who eat frequent small meals throughout the day, and those who stick to 3 meals. I am doing three meals and 2 Snacks, but my second snack is usually after my evening workout and at least 1.5 hours before bed. I am never hungry early in the morning so I have just been drinking a shake on my commute into to work, since lunch is at 11:00 for me, it holds me well. I have started slipping back into drinking more coffee this week. I haven't been sleeping that well and I really need the pick me up in the afternoon.

According to my plan I can't have salads until week 7 and nuts until week 8, and I am really missing both!!

I have a church board meeting tonight so I am not going to have time to cook. I am going to take out some ribs and put them in the slow cooker tonight so I can eat them for lunch and dinner tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good evening. Ill check back with you all later tonight.

39 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I am right there with you @Newme17 on this being the longest week ever:48_weary:.

It is nice that you are able to bring your kids to work if you need to.

This looks like a good plan. I think with our small stomachs we need to eat at least every 3-4 hours. I have noticed that there seem to be a couple of different camps, those who eat frequent small meals throughout the day, and those who stick to 3 meals. I am doing three meals and 2 Snacks, but my second snack is usually after my evening workout and at least 1.5 hours before bed. I am never hungry early in the morning so I have just been drinking a shake on my commute into to work, since lunch is at 11:00 for me, it holds me well. I have started slipping back into drinking more coffee this week. I haven't been sleeping that well and I really need the pick me up in the afternoon.

According to my plan I can't have salads until week 7 and nuts until week 8, and I am really missing both!!

I have a church board meeting tonight so I am not going to have time to cook. I am going to take out some ribs and put them in the slow cooker tonight so I can eat them for lunch and dinner tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good evening. Ill check back with you all later tonight.

Are you having regular coffee? I'm still on Decaf. Would love to switch but I failed to ask at my appt. I could email I guess. But, if you are, doesn't seem to affect you negatively, I'm assuming. I'd love to have some cold brew. Unfortunately, there's no decaf cold brew.

No salads and no nuts. Bummer. I've been eating nuts pretty good. I'm cleared for salads, but haven't bothered. Can barely eat anything still. Lol. Unless my husband decides to finish it off for me. We shall see.

I'm planning on going to church myself my kiddos are all wiped out along with my husband so it'll be some me-time. 😊

Enjoy your evening and your ribs!!

3 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Are you having regular coffee? I'm still on Decaf. Would love to switch but I failed to ask at my appt. I could email I guess. But, if you are, doesn't seem to affect you negatively, I'm assuming. I'd love to have some cold brew. Unfortunately, there's no decaf cold brew.

Yes, my nut said 2 cups a day starting at week three was fine. I have been adding in an extra cup late afternoon. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I struggled with whether I should add the caffeine back in since I went to all the trouble of weaning myself off before surgery. In the end I decided that if coffee is my one vice so be it. I don't drink or smoke, so I am gonna enjoy some good brew..lol

52 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Yes, my nut said 2 cups a day starting at week three was fine. I have been adding in an extra cup late afternoon. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I struggled with whether I should add the caffeine back in since I went to all the trouble of weaning myself off before surgery. In the end I decided that if coffee is my one vice so be it. I don't drink or smoke, so I am gonna enjoy some good brew..lol

I might give in, cause it really is my one vice too. ☕️ And it tastes better than Decaf.

Good morning y'all. I'm home from work today. My baby girl is sick with fever and sore throat. I'll be taking her to the doc as well.

Last night I was examining myself, and I didn't think this would happen, but I just couldn't see any difference In my belly like I did the first week or second. Kept having to tell myself that it's only been less than a month, it takes time. I guess I'm eager to be 5-6 months out already. Lol. The biggest difference still so far, is in my face.

I went to the gym again. Did 15 min walk and weights on triceps, biceps, and chest. I didn't stay long cause I wanted to go to my church too, which happened to be right across the parking lot. Lol. Very convenient.

Anyway, hope you all have a blessed day!