Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

46 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I Googled it after I asked. Unbelievable that someone would use such a derogatory term in their signature.

Yes I agree, it's uncalled for, along with many other terms/names.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

I am feeling better @Sweet as peaches, thank you for asking. The pain is still there but much less this morning.

i have a question. Do any of you know what a "Snowflake" is? I saw this word in someone's signature stating " if you are a snowflake" ..... I have never heard this term before, but I think it is being used in a derogatory way.

You're welcome.

I have been craving something with crunch so I am making these crackers. I will eat a couple with my ricotta bake tonight for dinner. I hope they turn out ok.

IMG_0086.JPG

Hi,

I was sleeved on 5/15, and had my first post op appt on last week. I'd lost about 20 lbs at the point, but I haven't lost a lb since. My weight is fluctuating between 1-3 lbs. I'm not understanding what's going on!!! I'm trying to stay positive and stay off the scale, but I keep thinking what if the surgery just doesn't work for me. I tried so many things in the past that failed so I think it's hard for me to believe that this will actually work. I know I need to stop obsessing but it's hard...[emoji17]

13 hours ago, rkbarnes7 said:

Hi,

I was sleeved on 5/15, and had my first post op appt on last week. I'd lost about 20 lbs at the point, but I haven't lost a lb since. My weight is fluctuating between 1-3 lbs. I'm not understanding what's going on!!! I'm trying to stay positive and stay off the scale, but I keep thinking what if the surgery just doesn't work for me. I tried so many things in the past that failed so I think it's hard for me to believe that this will actually work. I know I need to stop obsessing but it's hard...

Hi there @rkbarnes7 welcome. I do believe you have hit the famous 3 week stall. Look it up with the search tool, as it is very normal in this journey we are all on. I would weigh less often if the numbers on the scale stress you out. For me I usually weigh twice a week, but I only use my Monday morning number for tracking purposes.

If you are following your doc/nuts plan and hitting your Protein and Water goals then just relax, the scale will eventually move. I am not a veteran, but I have researched the topic of stalls and most are broken by changing up a little. Maybe try eating a few more calories, or up your water, add in a little more walking, ect...

I think you are doing great and don't forget to keep track of the NSV as we are often losing inches even when the scale isn't moving.

14 hours ago, rkbarnes7 said:

Hi,

I was sleeved on 5/15, and had my first post op appt on last week. I'd lost about 20 lbs at the point, but I haven't lost a lb since. My weight is fluctuating between 1-3 lbs. I'm not understanding what's going on!!! I'm trying to stay positive and stay off the scale, but I keep thinking what if the surgery just doesn't work for me. I tried so many things in the past that failed so I think it's hard for me to believe that this will actually work. I know I need to stop obsessing but it's hard...

Hi there!! Welcome to the thread. Ditto what @Apple1 said! But not only that, I'd encourage you to focus on your NSV's as well. I also don't believe in the stall thing...sure, the weight fluctuates, but that doesn't mean you're at a stall. Your body is still changing. You're still losing. Also remember, our bodies are still healing being only 3 weeks out....so our bodies will constantly be changing these first three months. Every body is different as well, we need to remember, that each of us will have a different way of losing (some are the same), so this is your journey, may or may not be the same as mine or the others. Overall, please stay on board here, we'll be your cheerleaders! We're here to help you and help each other. :)

16 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I have been craving something with crunch so I am making these crackers. I will eat a couple with my ricotta bake tonight for dinner. I hope they turn out ok.

IMG_0086.JPG

I've had that pinned forever. LOL Did you make them? How did it turn out?

Just now, Newme17 said:

I've had that pinned forever. LOL Did you make them? How did it turn out?

Yes. They are delicious and really satisfied that crunch I was wanting. I made too many...lol.. I keep forgetting how little I can eat now. I don't think they will keep very long so I am hoping to pass some off on my children/grandchildren today. With my dh out of town for next two weeks I need to remember I am cooking for one and it is hard.

5 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Yes. They are delicious and really satisfied that crunch I was wanting. I made too many...lol.. I keep forgetting how little I can eat now. I don't think they will keep very long so I am hoping to pass some off on my children/grandchildren today. With my dh out of town for next two weeks I need to remember I am cooking for one and it is hard.

I'm going to make them soon then. I do love a crunch.

It goes both way for me...doing meals for one for myself (cause no one wants to eat what I'm eating) and making a meal for everyone (because hubby only eats it and I have a few bites). My kids are super picky. I can't stand it. So, it's always too much food here. I don't know how to balance it. I do make them a plate...they just stare at it. I think I need to start enforcing, "if you don't eat, there's nothing else to eat" rule or something.

23 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I am feeling better @Sweet as peaches, thank you for asking. The pain is still there but much less this morning.

i have a question. Do any of you know what a "Snowflake" is? I saw this word in someone's signature stating " if you are a snowflake" ..... I have never heard this term before, but I think it is being used in a derogatory way.

You're welcome.

1 minute ago, Newme17 said:

I'm going to make them soon then. I do love a crunch.

It goes both way for me...doing meals for one for myself (cause no one wants to eat what I'm eating) and making a meal for everyone (because hubby only eats it and I have a few bites). My kids are super picky. I can't stand it. So, it's always too much food here. I don't know how to balance it. I do make them a plate...they just stare at it. I think I need to start enforcing, "if you don't eat, there's nothing else to eat" rule or something.

I don't have any picky eaters to deal with..lol my dh eats whatever I cook and we never have leftovers because he always looks in the frig and takes them for his lunch.

Now my grand kids are a whole different ball game...lol.. My grandson Isaiah is the pickiest eater I have ever seen. His food can't touch on the plate, he won't eat crust, he hates sauces, ... I can't remember all of his rules when he is eating here..lol so I let him serve his own plate.

Good morning everyone...

I'm enjoying a bowl of superfood grain oatmeal. It's called whole rolled oats, quinoa, amaranth, raw pepitas, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, and flax seeds in it. I made a 1/4 of a cup, and got through 1/2 of it so far, 7g of Protein in it. I don't care for the carbs, cause it's all healthy ones anyway.

Speaking of carbs...I've been more active on a thread about carbs these past couple of days. I just want to share the knowledge I have about them and hopefully educate others. I did go to school back in the day to become a nutritionist...go figure!!!! LOL But it's all coming back to me and I'm happy to share and hopefully help others, whether they want to go that route or not. I just want to say, complex carbs are not bad. They breakdown a whole lot different and slower, and have a lot of nutritional value than the simple ones that landed many of us here, white breads, white potatoes, candy, cake, processed foods, etc.

I also don't claim to know it all...I just do my homework, educating myself. So, when I learn new things that are backed up with studies/experiences/science, I'll share them. Or even if I have a dream. LOL

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!!!

1 minute ago, Apple1 said:

Now my grand kids are a whole different ball game...lol.. My grandson Isaiah is the pickiest eater I have ever seen. His food can't touch on the plate, he won't eat crust, he hates sauces, ... I can't remember all of his rules when he is eating here..lol so I let him serve his own plate.

Our pediatrician says that about every 7 years, the tastes change. The kids get bolder with trying new things, etc. My pickiest just turned 7. She's has finally tried a sandwich with meat instead of pb and likes it. So, I'm hopeful that she'll venture in to veggies soon. I have plans to hide these things in her food, so her taste buds and body will start craving veggies as she gets older.:)

1 minute ago, Newme17 said:

Good morning everyone...

I'm enjoying a bowl of superfood grain oatmeal. It's called whole rolled oats, quinoa, amaranth, raw pepitas, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, and flax seeds in it. I made a 1/4 of a cup, and got through 1/2 of it so far, 7g of Protein in it. I don't care for the carbs, cause it's all healthy ones anyway.

Speaking of carbs...I've been more active on a thread about carbs these past couple of days. I just want to share the knowledge I have about them and hopefully educate others. I did go to school back in the day to become a nutritionist...go figure!!!! LOL But it's all coming back to me and I'm happy to share and hopefully help others, whether they want to go that route or not. I just want to say, complex carbs are not bad. They breakdown a whole lot different and slower, and have a lot of nutritional value than the simple ones that landed many of us here, white breads, white potatoes, candy, cake, processed foods, etc.

I also don't claim to know it all...I just do my homework, educating myself. So, when I learn new things that are backed up with studies/experiences/science, I'll share them. Or even if I have a dream. LOL

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!!!

I have been keeping up with that thread and I think your contributions are helpful. Many people do not want or need to eat a Keto or carb restricted diet. I am learning so much about diet and nutrition these past few months and it is going to be so useful moving forward.

@Apple1 Thank you hon. I honestly think the Keto and carb restricted diet is going to get them in trouble down the road. In my opinion, they're fad diets all over again. keto is good for certain people with certain issues, like autism, epilepsy, etc. I have read studies on the keto in regards to this diet helping them from having seizures, etc. Pretty fascinating actually. It's good to lose weight in the beginning, but long term it's not sustainable. I just don't think it's a good lifestyle diet to be on. That's just my personal opinion. But if someone wants to do it, then that's their thing. I won't nail them down for doing so.

I'm glad it's helping you out though. Knowledge is POWER!! :) lol

Edited by Newme17