Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March sleevers hows everyone doing??

Hello all!

I was sleeved on March 11th im down only 22 lbs and been stalling for about 2 weeks now at195 lbs :$

My dr cleared me to exercice so ive been going to the gym 5 days a week for a half hour fast walk, some light weights and swimming 2-3 times a week...i feel im doing everything right but i see no results yet...

Hows everybody else doing?how much have u lost?r u exercising?how do u feel overall?

I had my sleeve done on 3/13 and I am just about the same as you.... While waiting for my surgery I actually lost 34 pounds. Since the surgery I have lost 25 pounds. I have been a bit disappointed with the lost post surgery but I attribute it to the fact that I lost those 34 pounds in the couple of months while waiting for my surgery date... My surgeon said I am right on target that I lost a good deal of weight in the past few months. We need to be thankful the weight is going down rather than up. And keep I'm mind we are all different and will lose differently

Keep up the good work

3/13 was my surgery date! Down about 31 pounds. I haven't been able to get liquids as recommended. I had allergy to dairy before op & I tried cheese stick and but of Cereal and milk & have experienced nausea which I haven't had up until now. Everything else is fine, I've been a bit tired & struggle to get in enough calories. I am starting to track calories now in hopes of getting in my liquids & protein!

I was sleeved on 3/15 and was down 18 pounds as of Monday. I have been bouncing between 219 and 221 the past couple of weeks, which is frustrating. I was struggling getting all of my Water in every day up until this week so I'm hoping that will help kickstart the weight loss again. And I've started a more intense work out routine. Part of me wonders if because I'm only getting around 600-700 calories a day, my body is going into starvation mode and holding on to everything...

Sleeved 3/22.

HW-350
SW-335
CW-310

Lost 25 since surgery. Doing very well and getting all water/protein. Currently eating everything but steak and pork per doctors plan. Average 850 calories per day with target of 100g protein/less than 100g carbs. Loving my decision and very hopeful for the future

I need to increase my calories asap! I have always opted for a slow and steady loss.

4 hours ago, The thinner me said:

Hello all!

I was sleeved on March 11th im down only 22 lbs and been stalling for about 2 weeks now at195 lbs :$

My dr cleared me to exercice so ive been going to the gym 5 days a week for a half hour fast walk, some light weights and swimming 2-3 times a week...i feel im doing everything right but i see no results yet...

Hows everybody else doing?how much have u lost?r u exercising?how do u feel overall?

I feel the same way! I had mine March 6th and i have only lost 20lbs!! I just feel like if i did the right thing! i know its a long process not a quick result process so i have to stay postive......so with that keep your head up and keep working out and in 18 months i bet we will be so glad we got the surgery!!

I had surgery 3/6. I lost 10 lbs. during my one week pre-op diet and have lost an additional 23 lbs. for a total of 33 lbs. I hit 199 last Monday and have been stalled for the last week. Stalls are going to happen so I'm just waiting for it to pass.

How is the new way of eating going for everyone? Are there things you can't eat? Are you hungry? It's hard for me to get all the Protein and Water in but I haven't had issues with any foods making me sick. As I posted in another thread, there are some meats that I can't eat anymore because they taste horrible to me now. It might be the texture but halibut is definitely one of the culprits and I used to love halibut. I have tried it with lemon, tartar sauce, etc., and it doesn't matter. When we went camping this weekend, I forgot to eat lunch until about 3:30 and then I made myself eat some cheese and pepperoni just to get something in me. Since we normally snack all day long when camping, that is quite the accomplishment.

I am very happy with where I am right now. I am out of plus size clothing and wearing a size 16 in misses. That feels damn good.

Sleeved on 3/30. With two week pre-op and post op loss, Im at a 43lbs loss.

Protein is no problem for me not getting in 64oz of Water is my issue. I never get that much in a day and my skin shows it. It's so dry [emoji853][emoji853]

I can't tolerate eggs which sucks because it's a big part of the soft food stay I'm on now. Just started my soft food stay on 4/20 and I'll be on it for 6 weeks.

Learning to eat slow and listen to my body. Ready for the 30th to come so I'll be able to go back to the gym!

I wouldn't trade this decision in for the world. I'm 28 and able to live my life again! [emoji4]

4 hours ago, GMen88 said:

Sleeved on 3/30. With two week pre-op and post op loss, Im at a 43lbs loss.

Protein is no problem for me not getting in 64oz of Water is my issue. I never get that much in a day and my skin shows it. It's so dry

I can't tolerate eggs which sucks because it's a big part of the soft food stay I'm on now. Just started my soft food stay on 4/20 and I'll be on it for 6 weeks.

Learning to eat slow and listen to my body. Ready for the 30th to come so I'll be able to go back to the gym!

I wouldn't trade this decision in for the world. I'm 28 and able to live my life again!

I have the same problem with Water. I had my surgery on 3/31 and I feel as if my taste buds have changed so much! try crystal light in your water it still counts!

I had mine on 3/6. Including my one week pre op, I'm down 27 lbs. I'm able to eat anything now. It's just weird getting full so quick. I've been going to the gym since 2 weeks post op. I've been bouncing up and down the last number of days. Not sure if it's due to TOM or a stall. It's frustrating but if it's a stall, I know I should just keep doing what I'm doing and it'll move

Hello all!

I have such a hard time getting all my Water too! Its so hard to manage...everytime i remember i should drink its almost food time so i wait till after i eat then i forget etc...

As for the Protein surprisingly my dr doesnt want me to neither take shakes nor count my protein....he sais if i eat the right amounts of lean meat and follow the plan o should get enough protein....i never exceed 50g of protein i wonder if its normal...

On the other hand i feel great and im starting to feel my clothes getting bigger!

24 minutes ago, The thinner me said:

I have such a hard time getting all my Water too! Its so hard to manage...everytime i remember i should drink its almost food time so i wait till after i eat then i forget etc...

As for the Protein surprisingly my dr doesnt want me to neither take shakes nor count my protein....he sais if i eat the right amounts of lean meat and follow the plan o should get enough protein....i never exceed 50g of Protein i wonder if its normal...

On the other hand i feel great and im starting to feel my clothes getting bigger!

I think average 40-50g on a good day! It's just so hard to try & get in 90g of protein plus 60oz of liquids