Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March sleevers hows everyone doing??

2 hours ago, sway said:

I had surgery on 3/20 and am down about 37lbs total but have not lost any weight since 4/10! I feel slightly better seeing other comments about early stalls here. I haven't been tracking calories or actual total Protein. I REALLY hate tracking - as someone else mentioned, it's never worked for me in the past, but maybe it is a good idea now?

I will be upping my Water intake, so hopefully that will kick start things again.

tracking didn't work for you in the past because your body was fighting you restricting calories (or weight watchers points, as the case may be LOL!), or you were like me and tracked on good days but then "forgot" on days you overate. or you tracked but didn't measure your food and thus underestimated what you were eating, or you tracked but then gleefully ate the 1200 extra calories your fitbit gave you just because you walked around the mall.

I don't like to do it either (it seems so obsessive and time consuming, ugh!) but I don't like brushing my teeth or doing my laundry, either and I still do that! tracking gives you feedback on when and how you're eating. you can use it to see patterns, understand cause and effect relationships, and in the case of Protein, making sure you're getting the nutrients you NEED to recover!

I am a reformed former anti-tracker. It does get easier as it becomes a habit, and it DOES help. not on its own, no, but combined with the boost from surgery, it definitely allows you greater insight into what you're doing, what to change, and what to keep up on.

I think about when I first started tracking and brought my journal to the dietician. I thought that I'd eaten out maybe three or four times in the last two weeks, which was a bit much but within their 0-2 times/week recommendation. looked in my tracker and I'd eaten out NINE TIMES. that's a LOT of unaccounted for empty calories.

Edited by teacupnosaucer

I'm down 22 lbs since surgery day on March 22nd. My weight loss has been slow but steady, so I'm happy. I've been tracking really consistently and am back swimming now with the blessing of my surgeon. and I fit into size 12 jeans yesterday! wahoo!

5 hours ago, teacupnosaucer said:

tracking didn't work for you in the past because your body was fighting you restricting calories (or weight watchers points, as the case may be LOL!), or you were like me and tracked on good days but then "forgot" on days you overate. or you tracked but didn't measure your food and thus underestimated what you were eating, or you tracked but then gleefully ate the 1200 extra calories your fitbit gave you just because you walked around the mall.

I don't like to do it either (it seems so obsessive and time consuming, ugh!) but I don't like brushing my teeth or doing my laundry, either and I still do that! tracking gives you feedback on when and how you're eating. you can use it to see patterns, understand cause and effect relationships, and in the case of Protein, making sure you're getting the nutrients you NEED to recover!

I am a reformed former anti-tracker. It does get easier as it becomes a habit, and it DOES help. not on its own, no, but combined with the boost from surgery, it definitely allows you greater insight into what you're doing, what to change, and what to keep up on.

I think about when I first started tracking and brought my journal to the dietician. I thought that I'd eaten out maybe three or four times in the last two weeks, which was a bit much but within their 0-2 times/week recommendation. looked in my tracker and I'd eaten out NINE TIMES. that's a LOT of unaccounted for empty calories.

Ok, ok :)

The REAL tracking starts tomorrow.

I was sleeved on 3/1. I've lost 30 lbs since surgery plus the 15 I lost during the 2 week pre-op diet, so 45 total. Strangely enough, I can eat everything I've tried, except chicken and eggs. I've not had any problems getting my Protein or fluids in at all. I workout doing cardio and strength training 5-6 days a week. I've had several stalls, but seem to lose inches during my stalls.

I think we get caught up in comparing ourselves to others and become disappointed in what we see as "slow progress", without considering the differences in our starting stats and programs. If we are not where we were before that initial consultation, we all should be damn proud of even the slightest progress.

I had lost 6 lbs before my surgery on 3/7 and lost 64 lbs since surgery making a total of 70 lbs lost. I play basketball almost every day but I still haven't hit the gym yet. I am planning on sighing up sometime within this week.

Everyone is doing awesome! My stall broke and I have lost two lbs this week. Yay! I weight every day so we will see if the two lbs actually sticks. ;)

About tracking: I tracked everything for the first month. Then I realized that I can't eat enough to make me gain weight. I mentally track my Protein as I eat the same things all the time and have my protein Water every day. I eat three meals a day and sometimes one snack a day. My one snack a day is usually nuts, occasionally Pork rinds. I had to quit buying pistachios because I can't put them down. Even though I know my calorie count for the day was nowhere close to 1200, the pistachios may have played a part in my stall. If and when I am able to eat more food, I will start tracking. I am not suggesting that everyone do this, just that this is what works for me.

The one thing I feel I should start tracking is my water intake (actually iced tea since that's what I mostly drink). I am probably getting about 64 ounces a day, sometimes more, and I need to up my game.

I was sleeved Mar. 16 and as of today I've lots 50 lbs!! I'm beyond thrilled!!

23 lbs pre-op and 27 post-op

HW 258

SW 235

CW 208 :)

20 hours ago, 360lyMe said:

I was sleeved on 3/1. I've lost 30 lbs since surgery plus the 15 I lost during the 2 week pre-op diet, so 45 total. Strangely enough, I can eat everything I've tried, except chicken and eggs. I've not had any problems getting my Protein or fluids in at all. I workout doing cardio and strength training 5-6 days a week. I've had several stalls, but seem to lose inches during my stalls.

I think we get caught up in comparing ourselves to others and become disappointed in what we see as "slow progress", without considering the differences in our starting stats and programs. If we are not where we were before that initial consultation, we all should be damn proud of even the slightest progress.

I agree! comparing ourselves to other people really isn't productive or helpful. not only is it discouraging, but sometimes it leads to self-sabotage, which is really really sad, because these are people who are actually successful by any other metric derailing that success because it's not "enough".

Had my lap band removed and I was sleeved on 3/23/17. I lost 10lbs pre surgery to make me 234. I'm now 217 and 6 weeks out. I've been in a stall for past 3 weeks.

SO FRUSTRATING!

I have been eating badly I think. I also struggle with enough Protein. I don't feel like my tastes have changed and seems most food stay down as long as I chew them well. But it's been a rough 3 weeks So I plan to get back on track on Monday.

I think I'm going to keep a food and liquid log to really buckle down.

I don't feel that hungry but at times I do.

Saw my doctor and he said it's crucial to eat something as soon as u wake up. And have minimum 64 oz Water and 60 grams of protein otherwise I will stay in the stall.

So re grouping and gonna go into over drive from Monday and goal is to lose 2-3 lbs a weeks hopefully!

I feel your pain. I, too, am starting over tomorrow. Today is the last day of a friend's visit, and my stomach has been upset most of the morning. I'm going to quit looking in the fridge, make Mom or hubby do it. My mother is 80 and lives with us. She is very active and drives. I'm going back to shakes and the pre surgery diet minus the raw veggies. I'll stick with frozen or canned, all mushed. I am getting some flavorless Protein today so that I know I'm getting my protein in.

Good luck, Nina_sleeved! I'm rich there with you

I just wanted to see how other March people are doing. Its nice to hear from people from the same month. : )

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello all

I had surgery March 10 2017.I am 4 months post op and lost 67 lbs so far.I exercise 5-6 days a week at gym. Water aerobics /treadmill /elliptical. I stall sometimes but for about a week and then start losing weight again.I will be at my goal weight 20 more lbs.I feel absolutely great!!!! B/P is good/sugar level is good/ cholesterol levels are good.my knees feel much better and so far will not need surgery. This is the best decision I have made😀.

I

March 20th, have lost 69lbs, and am feeling great! I haven't been going to a gym, but feel more motivated to clean house, etc. food is down to a science, and I am having no trouble with it. Life is grand!

Down about 50 lbs since December Sleeved on March 9 Been stuck for 3 weeks at same weight. At gym 4 days a week Do 10,000 steps most days at gym. definitely slimming down but very frustrating