Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbus Area

Congrats Bugwitch -- I had my surgery in March and our little group that month was called the Shrinking Shamrocks! You're gonna love the progress.

Also, for all, I am so proud to report that I did get my act together and started setting my alarm for 5:30 a.m. and I'm going into my job where I have a great gym for workouts and I'm hitting the treadmill and weight machines at least 3 days a week. Trying to get up to even more. Today I did 20+ minutes with Walk at 2.7 MPH and then JOG at 4.2 MPH for 2 minutes so a 50/50 mix of walking and jogging. Really gets the heart rate up and a sweat going. I am trying to get my endurance up to where I can do 30 minutes of the 50/50 combo and then try to get to a higher percent of jog compared to walk. Key is get moving and stay moving! I'm not going to let life pass me by!

Bugwitch - Best of luck on your trip and surgery. Looks like we will be having surgery a few days apart.

I finally have my surgery date. I am all set for 3/24/11 at OSU with Dr. Needleman. Granted I have not had the surgery yet but to this point I cant say enough about how great OSU and Cigna have been through this process. It has been a long journey and im excited to keep it moving.

Jimmy

I'm here in Columbus being banded at OSU on May 4 excited and nervous

Hi I am being banded in May 10 by Dr. Trace Curry in Cinci. I am excited and very nervous as well. Started my Pre-Op diet today. So far so good. It will be a long journey.

Congrats to both of you upcoming May banding buddies. We have our Columbus group informal get together on the 2nd Saturday each month at the Polaris Mall food court area - 2-4 p.m. we sit in the corner by all the kiddie rides by Great Indoors and Chik-fil-A. Post on here to let us know if you guys need anything or questions. I was actually feeling pretty good the next day after surgery so if you are up to a outing, stop at the mall.

Hi I am being banded in May 10 by Dr. Trace Curry in Cinci. I am excited and very nervous as well. Started my Pre-Op diet today. So far so good. It will be a long journey.

I'm south of Columbus and going Wednesday for my consult:-)

I am in Columbus! i am getting lapband with dr Mikami on June 6th!! I feel the same way- its so hard to find local banders! I have been getting a lot of advice from my WLS friends on Facebook. Friend me (beth renrut)!!!

I am in Columbus! i am getting lapband with dr Mikami on June 6th!! I feel the same way- its so hard to find local banders! I have been getting a lot of advice from my WLS friends on Facebook. Friend me (beth renrut)!!!

Dr Mikami did my surgery in late 2008. Currently training for my 2nd marathon! Good luck, I'm sure it will go well.

I am with the same office but idk which surgeon is going to do my surgery! I went to my consult Wed May 23rd did all my blood work and my EKG! I have to wait until June 13th for psych eval tho:( good luck!