Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't break this stall...ideas?

I'm 2 months post op. At 6 weeks I entered a stall. Thought it broke after a week because I was down a pound but that pound came back. Now I am over two weeks on this stall gaining and losing the same pound.

What I'm doing:

Carbs are below 25 everyday (these are veggie carbs).
Protein is between 50-70 each day. (struggling to get them all without doing Protein shakes everyday)
Calories are between 700-800 each day
Walking every morning (briskly for 2-3 miles)
I don't eat sugar or wheat products of any kind (essentially protein and veggies only, except I make almond flour tortillas (paleo recipe))
I don't really measure my Water but I sip constantly all day in the Yeti cup my hubby brought to the hospital on surgery day<3
Journal everything I eat

Hoping some veteran VSGers have some suggestions for me to try. I've lost 32 pounds in the 1st 6 weeks so I'm pleased with my outcome but would like to end this dang stall sooner than later.

Thanks

Pam

I'm right there with you. My scale gives body fat % and that keeps going down while the #'s remain the same.

Don't loose hope. I started the stall on week 6 now at week 8.

I get about 90g Protein a day, 900 cal, less than 40g carbs and walk 4-6 miles daily. I know it will break. I burn 3300 cal/ day and eat 900....it has to come off sooner or later.

Try eating a smidge more... add a couple hundred calories.

Did you take body measurements prior/just after surgery? Often our bodies need to settle. This has been a huge change for you physically (both major surgery plus dietary and exercise changes). Often you'll see your body lose inches or clothes fit better, etc., when that scale doesn't move.

Our bodies also don't lose in a straight line. Weight goes up then down then up, then down past your last down. A lot has to do with Water retention, time of day, time of month, etc.

A lot of long-term WLS patients say you aren't in a stall until you've been in it for over a month or more. Doesn't ease the frustration, I know. But they do happen.

Normally I tell people to ignore the stall because they are normal and expected. But if it has truly been two weeks I would up calories to 900 min...(I lose best between 900-1000). Also track your Water. I am at 100oz a day. I have no doubt about water not being my issue.

if you make a change, just make one or two small changes and stick it out. Most people make the mistake of making changes every few days and not letting the body adjust.

This is my last month, I usually stall twice a month for up to 8 days...

IMG_1744.PNG

Edited by Travelher

Thank you for all your suggestions. I've been staying pretty hydrated. I'm going to try to up my Protein. I've been trying to do it without relying on the shakes. It might be too early to drop the shake. May pick it up again and try to drop it again in a couple months.

Thanks all

Normally I tell people to ignore the stall because they are normal and expected. But if it has truly been two weeks I would up calories to 900 min...(I lose best between 900-1000). Also track your Water. I am at 100oz a day. I have no doubt about water not being my issue.
if you make a change, just make one or two small changes and stick it out. Most people make the mistake of making changes every few days and not letting the body adjust.
This is my last month, I usually stall twice a month for up to 8 days...
IMG_1744.thumb.PNG.fa62e8acd541e6606c7f9051a6077944.PNG

Lol....awesome