Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for July, Anyone else?

I have a few more meetings ie: nut, fitness and echocardiogram test. Am hoping for an early July date!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Finished my preop appointment last week and just found out my surgery will be July 6th.

I'm new to this site but scheduled for RNY on July 14th at Allenmore Hospital in Tacoma. Could've had it done next month but I wanted to ensure I had everything right beforehand :-)

What are all you other July people doing currently about your eating habits? I'm a little concerned about the fact that I have no motivation to get my weight loss started prior to my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. My insurance did not have any requirement for medically supervised weight-loss, so I'm kind of just maintaining status quo.

What are all you other July people doing currently about your eating habits? I'm a little concerned about the fact that I have no motivation to get my weight loss started prior to my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. My insurance did not have any requirement for medically supervised weight-loss, so I'm kind of just maintaining status quo.

I was at 41 BMI on my first doctors visit and do not want to chance dropping below 40, so I have basically been maintaining. It was asked of me to only lose 1 lb per month just to show compliance and that is what I have been doing. I have 5 more weeks to go (2 doctor visits) and then I will begin to really modify my eating habits and incorporating more exercise. For now, the only thing that I have been trying to get religious about is getting in my fluids and taking Vitamins everyday, as this is something I have never done before.

26 minutes ago, Redo2017 said:

I'm doing at least one meal a day of a Protein Drink (some days two meals) and following the Liver Shrinking Diet my surgeon gave me. I've been on it for four months (not entirely perfectly) and I've lost 25 pounds.

ETA: oh, and Water (at least 3 liters a day), no carbonation, no caffeine. I love Crystal Light though! And regular supplements (multi, Calcium, B complex, D3).

Edited by kitmouse

On 5/17/2017 at 0:33 PM, kitmouse said:

I AM NOT LOSING. I'm freaking out. I have a nutrition appointment on Tuesday and I'm stuck at four pounds heavier than last visit. I had a Mirena IUD inserted three months ago, and now I'm stuck.

I'm doing full liquids, Protein Shakes and low carbs. I'm freaking out because I'm showing a gain and I'm terrified that insurance will deny me, and this is visit #5. I'm so close!

I found I lost the most weight when I did shakes and prepackaged meals. I know salt content isn't ideal with these but you know the calorie intake your getting. I would only snack on things that were also prepackaged like the 100 calorie things. I hope that helps! Also remember not enough calories will cause your body to hold onto fat making weight loss VERY hard.

46 minutes ago, Redo2017 said:

I was super motivated to begin with because I had to lose 5% (12 pounds)in order to qualify. But I've slacked a bit since losing 35ish pounds and have been eating things I know I shouldn't. I have found that I'm not able to eat nearly as much as I did and I still try to limit the bad and not bring it into the home at all. I know that if I don't start now it is only going to be harder once I've had surgery. I'm apart of a couple FB groups and a lot of the members who aren't required to diet before had say they had a really hard time with "head hunger" after surgery. Because they are so used to eating all the crap food that even though their body wasn't hungry, their head was telling them they were starving.

I was super motivated to begin with because I had to lose 5% (12 pounds)in order to qualify. But I've slacked a bit since losing 35ish pounds and have been eating things I know I shouldn't. I have found that I'm not able to eat nearly as much as I did and I still try to limit the bad and not bring it into the home at all. I know that if I don't start now it is only going to be harder once I've had surgery. I'm apart of a couple FB groups and a lot of the members who aren't required to diet before had say they had a really hard time with "head hunger" after surgery. Because they are so used to eating all the crap food that even though their body wasn't hungry, their head was telling them they were starving.

I definitely feel like I need to start preparing now for the mental aspect of post-op. Most of my problems with overeating stem from my head, not my stomach. I can lose weight and I know exactly how to do it. I have lost up to 60 pounds at least 5 times, but always put it back on plus some. I am going to start meeting with a therapist next week to start trying to work through the causes of my overeating. My biggest fear post-op is falling back into my old mind-set with food.

I found I lost the most weight when I did shakes and prepackaged meals. I know salt content isn't ideal with these but you know the calorie intake your getting. I would only snack on things that were also prepackaged like the 100 calorie things. I hope that helps! Also remember not enough calories will cause your body to hold onto fat making weight loss VERY hard.

I agree that have meals thought out and pre-proportioned is key to success. In addition to prepackaged food, I have found that doing meal prep a day or more ahead of time is really helpful. It's the mindless eating that always gets me.

I realize that's a fair while away, but I would love to connect with others scheduled for surgery around that time. Maybe we can keep each other sane while waiting.

I'm scheduled for July 14th

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

The wait is difficult for Sure! Had my required endoscopy and colonoscopy two days ago. I have a hiatal hernia and some gastric inflammation. I hope the hiatal hernia does not keep me from having surgery.

I don't know yet whether I have to do a pre-op diet and he hasn't said anything about losing any weight. My sheet with all of my appointments and surgery date says I have to be 220 or less on surgery day. 220 is the wait I was the first day I went in for an appointment. That puts me at almost a37 BMI. I would like to be 150. It's nice to have people to wait with through the month of June. I have a feeling it is going to go fast