Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.I'm a slow loser but still hanging in there.Thank you to all who post and keep me encouraged that at some point and time we will all reach our goals of weight loss and gain a healthy life style.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.I'm a slow loser but still hanging in there.Thank you to all who post and keep me encouraged that at some point and time we will all reach our goals of weight loss and gain a healthy life style.

From one slow looser - to another....if it weren't for this board and all the encouragement; I don't know where I'd be.

Then again, I'd probably be GAINING fast!

Are you sure you have the right fill? I was a slow loser until my 4th fill.

Are you sure you have the right fill? I was a slow loser until my 4th fill.

I have quite alot of fill in my band. Doc says I'm one of the few who doesn't get the 'full sensation'. Go figure. And NO KIDDING - otherwise, I'd never would have eaten so much in the past! I see my surgeon on Thursday; hopefully we'll plan another fill.

35 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! You lowered your BMI, I'm sure your body shows it and you are right on track with the average of 1-3 lbs per week..... :eek: KEEP IT UP.

I have nearly 4cc's in my 4cc band.. and I didn't hit my sweet spot till my 4th fill...... good luck!

I'm a slow looser also. 35# in 5 months, but most of that was in the first 2 months. Now, it seems the scales are stuck. UGH!

I work out 5 times a week, & eat as little as possible, but it's s-l-o-w going. I was banded 4/17/07, & wanted to loose 50# this year, but now, I don't see that happening. :>(

I am considered a slow loser at 1-2 lbs per week. Basically that is average. I'm down about 60 lbs in 15 months. Just stay focused. It will take you longer but you will still get there!

I think all of you are doing an amazing job. For anyone to continue to lose weight after that long a time is a triumph in my book.

Keep up the good work everyone! :)

Hey, I'm the QUEEN of slow losers. It has been the hardest thing for me to accept!! However, when I get discouraged, I think about how much I would weigh if I hadn't had the surgery. The fact that I'm a size 18 now and not a 34 (like I was) makes me VERY happy and I quit beating myself up. It's tough to accept, but I know I would be super fat now if it were not for my band!!! Hang in there!

So far I've had 1 fill and when I went for the 2nd my Dr said I wasn't able to get another because my restriction would be too tight. While looking at the x-ray it appeared like I was verrrrrry tight that morning.LOL which is usually the case I can hardly get 8 oz of liquids in before 12pm or later.So I think that also plays apart in my slow weight loss.But as of today I am now 223.4 :D

Hi everyone,

I just want to say thank you for all the encouragement and helpful tips on battling our weight challenge. I too was becoming discourage, however I wasnt doing my part either, just reading responses has motivated me to do better.

The most important thing is not to give into old thinking. Before banding I always thought "I am not losing anyway, so I might as well eat this (candy Cookies, etc)

I read a post of mine from a year ago where I was so frustrated, and now I am below goal. It's important to change your exercise too. Our bodies get used to what we're doing and it's not effective. If you're just walking, start walking and then jog for two min, then walk for 2 min, etc.

When I hit plateaus, I just kept telling myself the scale had to move because I was eating less and exercising more. It moved slower than

other people, but it's been over a year and a half, and I am at goal now.

Hi Everyone

I think i must top the list of slow losers...i have lost 48 pounds in a year...i got banded on 21/09/07...and most of the weight loss was in first 6 mnths...

but guess what I am loving it!!!

today i am wearing a skirt which used to fit me like sausage skin...but now is hanging on pelvic bones...yup i got pelvic bones now...i feel happy dressing up in morning...

ofcourse i deally i would have wanted to lose around 80 pounds...i am 187 pounds now...n my healthy weight is 147 pounds...so thats another 40 to go ....though i want to be 132 pounds...thats lowest i remmebr me being n i was 10 yrs old that time.. :-)...

anyways i am getting there slowly but surely!!!

I think i am in the TOP 10 of slow loosers. i was banded 02-13-08 and have had 6 fills. I am at 6.6 cc in my 10 cc band. And in that wonderful six months i have lost SIX pounds-- not 66, not even 16-- SIX!

I record my food and exercize.

i feel like the worlds biggest FAILURE! i never get that feeling of "FULL". i never have in my life and i still dont now. I have not been on these web sites. But i thought i might today- get encouragement, but HONESTLY all it has done is make me feel like an even bigger failure when i read about people dropping 30-40-or even 81 pounds in six months-- LOL and they are COMPLAINING becuase their weight loss has stalled...:biggrin:

oh well-- i think it best i not come back here any more.

Good luck to you all!

That is sad that April feels she can not come back here. There are plenty of us that did not lose 2 lbs a week. I lost 22 lbs the first month from being on the liquid diet, and then I lost nothing for 4 months. I tried not to focus on the posts where people were losing like crazy and looked for the posts from people who were struggling like me.

Again I will say the most important thing is not to give up. It's so easy to go back to old eating habits and eat cheetos or ice cream because they are easier to eat.

I watched my calorie intake and read that it's important to varry your calories and exercise. The body really does get too used to a routine and will stop losing if we don't change things. So I would eat around 1,000 calories for a few days and go to 1500 for a day or two.

I am also lucky that I only work part time, so it was easy for me to go to the gym every day. At my support group, my surgeon and nutritionist came and spoke how the band will only work with a combination of diet and exercise.

Good luck to all the slow losers, and just don't give up!