Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hot Cheetos! What did I do?!!

I am a teacher and decided to bring hot cheetos in as a reward for some of my kids. Yes I know not the healthiest but I do not reward them with food on a regular basis. A little treat now and then is ok. I had never tried them before and one of the kids said try it and so I did and I liked it. At the end of the day when everyone left i had almost 3 serving sizes of them. I am doing weight watchers right now so i counted all the points. I never ever though hot cheetos would trigger me. I have been doing so well eating healthy and cooking my meals. I never ever cooked before. I'm going to the gym. I was doing so much better. I'm really disappointed in myself. My surgery date is june 14th. I really want this more than anything although my actions today may not show it. Does thos mean im not ready? Can I come back from this? I had a tough day today with the kids so maybe it was emotional eating which I understand needs to be in check. I messed up. What do you all think? Thanks

And sorry if this was meant to be a blg. I have been scolded before. I still am not an expert on posting etiquette

That was flat out a terrible decision. Awful.

Everyone knows cheetos cheese puffs are better. What were you thinking?

But in all seriousness, just stop. Nobody is gonna control you better than you. Buy the kids healthier Snacks, particularly stuff they might like but you might hate. Saying no to stuff like that is one of the biggest ways of ensuring pre-op and post-op success. I wouldn't go see a psychologist or anything for one relapse, but I would take measures to 1) not buy any, 2) keep as much food as far away from where you sit/veg as possible. No one cured bad habits overnight, it's all WIP.

First thing I thought is to reward the kids with a healthy alternative. Something you'd eat yourself. Don't be so hard on yourself. Those three servings of cheetos isn't going to make a dent in your progress; only if you were to keep it up. Please don't dwell on it for long. The action is done, its past. You don't deserve shaming or anything. Just forgive yourself and move on. Be blessed too. You'll do great. Lesson learned. 😊

Look at this as an opportunity to learn. Try to look back and figure out why you binged. Where you genuinely hungry from lack of nutritious food (esp.protein) Where you stressed out? sad? angry? Maybe have some good Snacks on hand at work so when these kind of things happen you're ready with better choices.

Also, don't beat yourself up. This isn't an all or nothing process. Get back on track and keep going!

I am a teacher and decided to bring hot cheetos in as a reward for some of my kids. Yes I know not the healthiest but I do not reward them with food on a regular basis. A little treat now and then is ok. I had never tried them before and one of the kids said try it and so I did and I liked it. At the end of the day when everyone left i had almost 3 serving sizes of them. I am doing weight watchers right now so i counted all the points. I never ever though hot cheetos would trigger me. I have been doing so well eating healthy and cooking my meals. I never ever cooked before. I'm going to the gym. I was doing so much better. I'm really disappointed in myself. My surgery date is june 14th. I really want this more than anything although my actions today may not show it. Does thos mean im not ready? Can I come back from this? I had a tough day today with the kids so maybe it was emotional eating which I understand needs to be in check. I messed up. What do you all think? Thanks

I kmow where you are coming from. In the last week I think I have ate every sub, pizza, and favorite food I have as my surgery is next Friday. Some may say Im not ready, but I am. I kust know in 5 days I will not be eating even a bite of some of these foods for years, so Im getting them all in now. Not to say Im gorging on th, but just having a piece or bite of all my favorites. Only you know if you are ready. I would just say be careful if you need to lose a certain amount before surgery, many of our old favorites are really bad for us.

We all have our guilty moments....for me it's Mexican food and tuna subs, I'm craving them so bad and the struggle is real. It may just be my bc pills or hormones

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Learn and move on. No use beating yourself up. Your surgery is still 2.5 months out. There is plenty of time to work things out. This is a life long battle for everyone. And it will continue long after. I'm sure no one is 100%. Just like parenting. There will be no going back and mistakes will be made. Accept that you are human and not perfect. Tomorrow is a new day. Good luck!

All this proves is that you are human. The biggest lie you could tell yourself is that once you get this surgery, you'll never slip up. You will. We all will. What matters is how you handle it. I've been doing really well on my low carb diet for over three weeks. I lost twenty pounds, cruising along. Then cravings hit me on Monday and Tuesday of this week, causing me to go slightly off plan (thank God for fitbit and my calorie/carb tracker). Yes, I panicked. But, finally on Thursday I really stuck to my program and now I'm two days back on track...until my cruise next week. I still don't know how I'm going to handle that one.

But, here's the thing. I know this will happen at some point after surgery. If you're anything like me, once I cheat, I'll feel like I blew the whole day so I'll eat whatever I want. This is something I really want to change about myself. What I need to work on is isolating the event to a period of the day, not the WHOLE day, week, month, or year. It's hard...damn hard. I think this is the single most important lesson we can learn through this process. Not stay away from crap forever, but learn to have it selectively without going all 'cookie monster' on it.