Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

Good Morning Y'all!

Sorry I was MIA this weekend, I was babysitting too! I'm getting too old for these all nighters! I feel like I haven't been to bed all weekend. Saturday night was the worst, I got about 1 hour of sleep!

It's supposed to rain/storm here today, I'll take the rain but they can keep the storms.

Hello to all of you! I don't have time for personals today, I have a pot luck at work and I have to get my stuff ready to take.

I'll catch you all later!

Betty, I'm telling you those all nighters are not fun for us grannies :cool: I don't mind days, as a matter of fact, I'm planning on picking up the 3yr old to take to the park today or tomorrow.

I'm sure your co workers don't consider your contributions pot luck, I'm sure they're looking forward to your treats.

Everyone must have been quite busy this weekend.

Hellewwwww girls, where are you?

Hi Pat! I finally made it back! Hello all......Betty, Eileen, Cindy everyone!!!!!!! I had a trip to Pa. over the weekend. Flew out of RichmondVA to Pitt.,PA with the express purpose being, to have a graveside memorial for our mother. She passed away the end of January, and we tried to have a service, but it was on the top of a mountain with a dangerous wind chill, snow and ice. So this time we were able to have a nice service.

I have my first appointment tomorrow (the three hour nutrition class). Then on Friday the 19th, all the pre-op tests. Surgeon appt. on tues. the 23rd......somewhere in there is an exercise consult! And surgery on Haloween....YIKES! that's just 16 days away!

gettin' anxious......I think I'm doing the right thing. I hope this works! I've been practicing. Did any of you have a hiatle hernia prior to surgery?

Kat, all the best to you.

Thanks so much! I am not too nervous about the tests the next couple of days, but the ones Friday have me a bit that way!

I know all about the all nighters!!! I have had my granddaughter since Friday, they will be home on Wednesday evening. She has been an angel though---she is used to being here, so it is not an unusual place for her, and she knows our rules. She has her room. I was expecting it to be a bigger challenge! It is just the evening is non stop!!! Cook dinner, get a bath, get lotioned (her all time favorite Granny thing---we lotion her up ears and all, lots of giggles!) Read a couple of books, snuggle with Papa, and then she reads him the books I read her, and off to bed. Then she needs a drink, then needs to go potty, and finally really goes to bed, about 8:30 or 9!!!

Enjoy your nutrition class, and don't stress over the hernia, I had one, they repaired it during surgery---mine did not stay repaired, but it is not a big deal! My parents both have them, my best friend just found out she has one, and none of them are banded---it is more common he told my friend than acid reflux, and is the biggest cause of acid reflux---I agree with that! It is a busy time leading up to surgery, but so so worth it in my opinion!!

What a treat you are giving yourself! Although that night you might think someone tricked you! I did not find it a painful surgery---just teasing you about your Halloween date!!!

Mandy---I was wondering if I might bug you about helping my DD plan a Disney trip? They are interested in going, but are clueless!!! She has been to Disneyland, but none of them have every been to Disneyworld. She was very excited to know that I "knew" someone in the know!!

Well, I better get the dishwasher loaded, that is the other thing, I find one little person sure makes a difference in dishes!!!

Rick told me tonight, we should have had more kids, I miss watching you laugh with the kids. I told him it is more fun to laugh with grandkids, because eventually they go home!

Will let you all know how tomorrow goes---thanks for all the good thoughts my friends!!!

Kat

I had a hiatal hernia too, I agree with Kat, I think they're quite common. Fixed it during surgery, Dr said, nothing to it.

Diane, glad your trip was better than the January trip, the weather was definitely in your favor this time.

Kat, when my gson (s) are here, I don't even attempt to pickup anything until they're gone home. It sounds like you have lots of good, quality time with your granddaughter. We have a golf cart, so the grandkids love to ride. I think that was the 1yr old's first word.."ride, ride, ride".

Never did pick the other one up yesterday, I'm a bad nana, I ended up meeting DH to look at a new boat. Just for kicks and giggles, we went on a couple of Yachts, I'm talking YACHT. I'd never been on one before, this one had 4 bedrooms, berths, what ever the term is, all with flat screen tvs, 6 pull out, drawer type refrigerators, granite bar and counter top, auto blinds, bath w/shower in two bedrooms, and a washer/dryer combo....only a mere 3.5 MILLION. What do ppl that have that kind of boat do for a living :Banane35:.

OK, where are all the galpals hiding out?

Have a great day!

I only have a quick second, Kat I'll be to help plan anytime. ~Mandy

Hello Y'all!

Sorry, I couldn't get on my computer for a while, it was being worked on. Then I was feeling bad so didn't do much of anything. I am still not feeling good, but have to go to work anyway. I can't take the time off right now.

I also had a hiatal hernia and they fixed it during surgery. Not much to it.

Pat those boats are something else aren't they? I guess you just have to be born inot a rich family to have one of those!

Kat I am sure wishing you lots of luck with your tests.

Well, I know I missed a lot of you, but just not feeling too good and I still need to get dressed.

Later!

ooch....takes lots of training for accupuncture...but accupressure there aren't any needles :eek: Sounds better to me anyway hahaha

Hmmm the last time I pushed the advanced key after typing bunches I lost it ;) Too scared to try again especially with the freaky editing things geesh! Who the heck can edit with all those smilies between the letters. Anyone ever figure out whats up with dat?

Home today....tummy wasn't feeling so good. Probably due to the fact that I'm detoxing huh? haha. At least it's working.

So has anyone made any nice home recipes lately? The cooler weather has started here and the trees are turning...time to break out my crockpot and cookbooks.

Betty so sorry you're not feeling well. There are alot of intestinal things going around in this area. Is that the same for you in TX?

Kat - good luck with your tests, thinking of you.

Pat - Yachts huh? I look at those things and think MAN what I could of done with that money lol

Sherry, my tummy was all messed up Monday night, I thought it was because I ate some fried oysters and I don't usually do fried foods. I mean it was tore up, then I thought it might be from the one too many screwdrivers I was having at the Marina, LOL.

Yesterday, I got my daily meds, 2B-12s, 1 baby aspirin, two codliver oil pills, and synthroid out of my little tupperware container, (I dump them all in there, so I only have 1 thing to open), anyway, I had my glasses on, whereas, Monday AM I did NOT have them on, well I started looking at the "baby" aspirin, turns out it was a Dulcolax! (well, it was small like a baby aspirin). Don't know how that little sucker got into my med container, anyway got a good detox, LOL.

Betty, hope you didn't have what I had, LOL.

Hugs all.

lmao omg Pat you just cracked me up. Hmmm now are ya wondering why you got the tummy ache? Gosh I hope you checked the rest of the pills so you know they aren't in there anymore hee hee Detox for sure!

how is everyone doing today?

sorry to hear about all the belly issues going on I hope that stays FAR away from me.

I started drinking slim fast for Breakfast this week and I am waiting for my belly to rebel against it!!!

UGH I was having a good morning until I called my PCP's office to try and get the results for the one last blood test that I need for my surgeon. when I called yesterday I was told the person who normally handles that was out and they didnt see it in my file so I should call back today around 9. so I just went outside to call and then women now tells me that they don't get the results until later this afternoon WELL THEN WHY DID SHE TELL ME TO CALL THIS MORNING!?!?!?!

I have my consult with the surgeon at 12 today and now I am still missing stuff that I worked so hard to get done before hand. I know I am over reacting but I have waited so long for this consult that I wanted to be able to give them EVERYTHING to submit to the insurance so I can know soon whether or not I will be approved or if there are more hoops to jump through. Im a big girl I dont do jumping very well especially through hoops :-)

have a great day all!!!!!!

GASP!!!!

I went to my surgeon consult today and I got a surgery date of Nov 6th :faint: I am speechless that it is so soon I think my face must have fell off when they told me!!! :omg: of course this is all pending insurance approval but if all goes when I will be banded in LESS THEN 3 WEEKS!!!

I was a little sad because I was hoping to have it done on Nov 27th when my best friend is in the country for a few days but the surgeon is operating out of a hospital that I dont want to go to that day so I just stuck with the 6th.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! :whoo:

Whoopie, Jessica! The sooner the better! You have less time to obsess and stress...and more time on the "band-wagon"! (heeheehee). Congratulations! It's so exciting!

Hi gals! I get so caught up in running here and there...then I pop in and catch up...so glad when I see all my friends here!

So, I had a job interview today...I'm a professional petsitter! I don't think I will work that much, because I don't want to do overnites...but I do have a job lined up for me for over Thanksgiving. I work for a company called Fetch!...so I'm a contract employee, and can accept or turn down assignments. Ya never know, huh? Anyway, that's my only "new" news.

DD is coughing and has a sore throat, but she made it all day, so that's good. My dad picked her up today, and I'm going over there to get her, and then I'll take her to chimes and choir. She didn't want to miss those, so she forced herself to go to school; also, she didn't have a temp, so I couldn't see her staying home. We are supposed to get storms, but so far, we haven't had any here.

Hope everyone's feeling better (self-induced, or not!).

Hugs,

Cindy