Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I am about a year and a half post op. I did really good in the beginning and lost almost 60 pounds. But I've fallen off the wagon really bad. Not only have I stopped losing weight I've actually gained about 10 pounds back! I feel like a total failure. I fell back into my old routines of not exercising and bad eating habits on top of eating sweets. I think that I've stretched my sleeve out to the point of no return. I feel terrible that I failed even after having surgery. I don't know what to do to fix my mess

I can't imagine how lousy that feels. I haven't had surgery yet but when I have lost control eating I know the best feeling is taking back control. Find that courage and kick that crap food to the curb. You went through too much to let the weight creep back on. Best wishes!

I'm afraid every day that going to do the same, and I've found myself falling into some routines.

I'm trying to hit the reset button. I've gone back to Protein Shakes over bars, pay a lot more attention to keeping my carb count low, upped my total Protein to at least 100g a day.

I made a list of things that, sleeve or no sleeve, I've proven to myself I cannot resist and hence do not bring into my home. I made another list of things that I do not eat anywhere. I made rules for when I workout, how many times a day I eat, and a hard number of max calories per day.

And I told my surgeon that I felt I was slipping into old habits. She looked so upset you'd have thought I told her I punched her puppy. She sent me back to the nutritionist.

What I've learned is that it really is all us. The sleeve can keep you from gorging all at once, but it can't keep you from gorging over a few hours. I had to make new rules for how I live and eat in addition to following the ones my medical team gave me. Now it's on me to follow them.

See your doctor, your nutritionist, a therapist. Think hard about your problems (I know you've probably already done this) and make the necessary rules, and follow them.

I think you can do it, and I'm rooting for you.

It's kind of good to read that your doctor is so invested in you.

I haven't been sleeved yet and I had almost backed out once and felt those scared feelings again but then I went and looked at your stats and felt hopeful again.

Thanks for all the support guys. I haven't been back to my surgeon, therapist, or nutritionist, in a long time. I feel too ashamed of myself. I will somehow try to find the courage to pick up and try again with some of the rules that they taught us

Thanks for all the support guys. I haven't been back to my surgeon, therapist, or nutritionist, in a long time. I feel too ashamed of myself. I will somehow try to find the courage to pick up and try again with some of the rules that they taught us

The good news, according to my surgeon you don't stretch your sleeve. Kick it into high gear and start back on your nutritional plan. Before you know it you will back in the losing game. You are worth it to take good care of yourself and your tummy. I am rooting for you. You CAN do it!!!!

It's great that you're catching yourself now when you've only gained ten pounds. I'm three months out and am catching myself slipping into the old routine of snacking at night. I reached out to my NUT and asked for her help. You can do this! You may also be heartened to watch Dr. Weiner's YouTube video about how your pouch doesn't stretch. Good luck. Don't let shame keep you from using your support system

Most people think that they stretched their sleeve out but its pretty much impossible to do. What it is is a combination of your stomach naturally allowing more food (from healing) and slipping back into slider foods. chocolate, chips and other junk foods are slider foods which make it easier to gorge on.

I get the cravings. Try to plan for some small ways to indulge so you dont feel deprived but still stay on track.

Check in with your surgeon or primary too. You never know if something medical is pulling you off track as well. I had been gaining and losing the same pound for 3 weeks despite exercising everyday. I realized my edema was flaring and went back on my Water pill. Ive lost 8lbs in 3 days.

I fell off the wagon about a year and a half after surgery, before reaching goal. I struggled for several months. At first, I maintained my weight loss; when I saw that I gained 10 pounds, I knew I was in serious trouble.

I felt ashamed of myself, and I did not want to contact my surgeon's office. After thinking it through, I accepted the fact I could not get back on track by myself, and I am not the only person to get in trouble with my program. I swallowed my pride and made appointments with my surgeon. the nutritionist and the psychologist at the Weight Center. They all praised me for coming back to the Center, and they were all very supportive. I have also started counseling, which has helped.

I am doing well now. I preplan my menu to meet my guidelines and go to counseling every week. I have follow-up appointments set up at the Weight Center, I've also started going to Group Meetings at the Center.

Don't feel you are alone. Reach out to your surgeon's office. They want to see you succeed and will provide support and advice.

Best of luck to you.

First off...good for you reaching out to us. We are here for you!

Second - while i am pre op, in the past I've lost weight to gain it back (and more)...and man did it break my heart. I wish I caught myself at 10 lbs. For me, I do best when I make my food and don't rely on eating out or fast food stops. Get back to some basics as others recommend. Track your food, measure your food, and Celebrate your steps back to where you want to be.

I did not lose any weight at all with my sleeve. 2 years out and I am still at my pre surgery weight. I can eat very large portions on days I am disgusted and don't even try- a whopper and frys, 4 pieces of pizza, no problem, 32 ounce Icee.I felt sick to my stomach for a few weeks post op as you would do after any surgery but that was it.