Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op and depressed

Im 6 days post op and depressed...im hungry all the time and i keep thinking about food i almost dream about it! Im soooo tired of the clear liquid diet and im ready to add some more things to drink on my list but if i follow my dr recommendations it should only be in 3 days....how far along did u start ur full liquid diet?

I also have a continuous headache since the surgery altho i drink all my fluids....anyone had the same?

I only had clear liquid diet for two days whilst in hospital. Then on to purée when I got home. I can understand why your feeling a bit depressed... I couldn't bare the thought of jelly again when I left hospital. 9 days of it sounds awful! Hope things get better soon!! Once you are on full liquids you will feel a bit more positive. Has the weight been dropping? Keep your focus on these positives!!

I dont have a scale at home yet!!! It really sucks im sure it would help me to see the weight drop...the initial idea was to only weigh myself after 2 weeks haha ya right!

Hi, I have being 10 days on liquid diet and I am very lethargic, headache all the time. I am asking myself was it worth it?

I was on a liquid post-op diet for 10 days. I was very upset by day ten and let my doctor know (he wanted 14 days). They let me go on to adding an egg once a day and it helped a bunch. That said, the food cravings still come and go.

I was on Clear Liquids for a week post-op, and then full liquids for another 2 weeks after that for a total of 3 weeks of liquids.

Yes, it is a tough time in the journey. By the end of the 3 weeks, I was over everything liquid. But all of you need to keep your eye on the prize. This is a short period in the grand scheme of things, and it is a time to really work on getting your head in the right place if you haven't already.

The time will pass and you will get to start adding other foods into your diet very shortly. food is supposed to be fuel anyway. If you stick to your plan and do what you are supposed to do, this journey can be life changing. But the sleeve won't do that for you by itself.

It sucks, but it's a short part of the whole in the scheme of things. I was on Clear  liquids and Protein shakes for 19 days. I nearly cried when I was allowed to start soft foods. Heaven.

You mentioned you are getting "all your liquids". For my surgeon that means 64 oz, but that isn't enough for me to not get headaches and feel crappy. I need more like 100 oz to feel good. So maybe try a little more in liquids (and something salty like broth) and see if that feels better?

I had one week post op Clear  liquids, one week full. Plus I had a one week liquid diet pre op. I get to start puree on Monday. I can't wait to have something with a little sustance! Though it will probably just be yogurt and ricotta bake and egg. I can't stand the idea of purée meats. Plus my Protein drinks

Dont feel bad, Im on Puree/full liquids for 21 days....I cant have soft food till this coming Monday......Just suck it up and deal with it. It does stink, but its only temporary. And yes, you will feel hungry on this liquid diet.

I had so much regert and depression after surgery it was hard. food was something I always had full control of. I knew before surgery i had a food addiction. Food was my drug of chose and after surgery I didn't have that anymore. It felt as if I loss someone close to me aka food. I wasn't allowed full liquids till 14 days after surgery it was so hard. I started to wonder why I even did the surgery maybe it was a mistake.
But now I'm 9 months post op. It's the best decision I've ever made. I couldn't be anymore more happier. That first few months after surgery are hard. You got to relearn how to eat just like a baby would. Promise you months from now your going to look back and be so proud of yourself. You got this. Stay strong [emoji173]

HW: 420 (January 2016)
CW: 267 (March 2017)

Instagram: vsg_queendiet

On 3/18/2017 at 5:39 AM, vsg_queendiet said:

I had so much regert and depression after surgery it was hard. food was something I always had full control of. I knew before surgery i had a food addiction. Food was my drug of chose and after surgery I didn't have that anymore. It felt as if I loss someone close to me aka food. I wasn't allowed full liquids till 14 days after surgery it was so hard. I started to wonder why I even did the surgery maybe it was a mistake.
But now I'm 9 months post op. It's the best decision I've ever made. I couldn't be anymore more happier. That first few months after surgery are hard. You got to relearn how to eat just like a baby would. Promise you months from now your going to look back and be so proud of yourself. You got this. Stay strong emoji173.png

HW: 420 (January 2016)
CW: 267 (March 2017)

Instagram: vsg_queendiet

I can relate to your feelings, but I can say I never experienced an ounce of regret post op and just put it in my mind that this boring and restricted diet was only temporary. I would be able to eat all my favorite healthy foods in moderation and would lose the weight and be around many more years for my family. It is a big mental thing when you are a food addict, which Im sure I was. But I guess I just dealt with the transition better than most cause I tried for years to diet and lose weight and was finally ready and defeated.

On 3/17/2017 at 4:51 AM, The thinner me said:

Im 6 days post op and depressed...im hungry all the time and i keep thinking about food i almost dream about it! Im soooo tired of the clear liquid diet and im ready to add some more things to drink on my list but if i follow my dr recommendations it should only be in 3 days....how far along did u start ur full liquid diet?

I also have a continuous headache since the surgery altho i drink all my fluids....anyone had the same?

you are right on track its about 7 days until you move to next stage and i stayed on liquid diet for 3 additions days then the yogurt and pudding

3 hours ago, Madmanpbsgc said:

you are right on track its about 7 days until you move to next stage and i stayed on liquid diet for 3 additions days then the yogurt and pudding

My doctor had me on full liquids for 21 days.....THAT SUCKED!!!!

this feeling will pass. I think it's safe to say that most sleevers feel a sense of regret and mourn the loss of their full "normal" stomach ( I know I did) It gets better and I know you'll hear this over and over again but I promise it does get better. I used to cry and wonder WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!? but every day was an improvement. I am almost 3 months post op and I still have days that aren't as good as others. I just have to remind myself that it will pass.

The food thing is all mental just tell yourself that eventually you can have those things again (in moderation if it's unhealthy of course) this is just a hump you have to get through. One thing that always worked for me was to think of my stapled little pouch in its healing stage and how I didn't want to put anything in there that would cause "it" pain or worse cause a leak. All these liquids are a precaution for safety the doctors aren't being evil lol. You'll get through it! sending you hugs and strength!!