Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning everyone,

I have been reading forums for a couple of months now and decided to finally create and account and post my status. I started the process of seeking bariatric surgery in November of 2016. At that time I had my 1st supervised diet appt. as well. My insurance requires 3 months of a supervised diet (4 visits) and finished my last diet visit in Feb. In February, 2017 I had my consultation with the surgeon, and nutritionist appt. On March 1st I had my Psychological evaluation and on the 3rd I had the psychological testing done. So now, I am waiting for approval from the Psychologist as she stated it could take 7-10 days to get the results back. So once I get those results back I have all requirements done and the Surgeon will submit everything to my insurance company. Please pray for me. I am hoping everything goes as smooth as possible. I would love to have surgery in April!

I am waiting for all my approvals to come too...I keep getting told the waiting is the hardest part...but it is nerve racking for sure. I hope you get to have you in April like you want and everything goes smoothly...my team told me 4-6 weeks after all my clearances so i'm looking at June I guesss

I'm naturally NOT patient, but have to be with this. I have the 3 months supervised diet, appts, etc too, but started in Jan. I have my next NUT appt next week and my last in April. Everything else is done too. It sucks waiting, but I also know that we have this time to prepare ourselves. And we will be very successful too. :) Congrats on making your decision to take care of yourself as well, and keep us posted!

I too am waiting. I have my last dietician visit next Friday and then we send pre approval. I too and hoping for an April date Hopefully the 26th. Pray for me. The waiting has my anxiety through the roof.

Thank you everyone! Good luck to all of you as well! Keep me posted on your approval process also. I agree, waiting is the hardest part so far!

Paperwork will be sent tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a speedy response.

Figured I would join the waiting group :) I started this part of my journey back in January. I am doing a revision from band to sleeve. I was banded 2.5 years ago, and never found that green zone. I did lose 80 pounds, but that was mainly due to being to tight and not being able to eat. My doctor wanted more tests then the insurance even required, so I have done the psych eval, sleep test, edg, echocardiogram, stress test, 2 nut classes, and blood work. My insurance already sent me my approval letter, so no more nut classes, thought for sure they would make me do 6, so now I just need to wait for the results on the echo, and stress test, then I should be good to schedule surgery. I had to have all my Fluid removed for the EDG, so now I am gaining pretty steadily, some weight from bad choices but mainly just because I can now eat without throwing up or choking. Hoping everyone gets approval and scheduled soon:)

Just an update....the pyschologist just called and said she faxed over my approval for surgery. So now I will call Monday to make sure the surgeon got it and to see when they are sending everything to insurance for approval. I feel like I've been waiting forever.

I finally got ahold of the nurse at Hurley Bariatric after calling and leaving messages all day yesterday and this morning. They received everything, but now are requiring that I attend a support group on Monday. After this 1 time support group meeting they will submit to insurance for approval. Please pray that after I attend this support group meeting that insurance approves surgery. It has been one thing after another.

Paperwork will be sent tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a speedy response.

Got an approval within 48 hours

I see my surgeon for visit #6 tomorrow. I have my cardiologist consult on 4/6 and second visit with nutritionist on 4/20. All my requirements will then be fulfilled. I'll have one more appt with my surgeon 5/1, where we will make sure everything is in order, submit to insurance and schedule a tentative date for surgery, pending my approval! [emoji4]

Everything has been submitted to insurance. Please pray for a quick approval. The nurse said an April surgery date would be possible if we heard an approval from insurance right away!